Website update: Visual changes, new feature and TrueWoWIce Theme (What Happened to it)

All you need to know about the happenings of TrueWoW can be found here.
Etro
Honorary Member

Website update: Visual changes, new feature and TrueWoWIce Theme (What Happened to it)

#1 » Post by Etro » 28 Jul 2017 18:56

Along with the machine transition that was finished recently, the website was updated too. The update covers an style upgrade to support phpbb's 3.2.0 Prosilver templates, so things that didn't use to work so well, like quotes, are now working completely (they should). I also took the opportunity to make some visual changes to Etrobian Second. Some pages also received an update, like the Voting and Shop pages, among others.

There is a new feature, that you can enable/disable under the user submenu, called "Forum Blocks". This feature allows you to choose between the forum blocks, that most users were used to with Etrobian Second, or the forums list, that some were used to with TrueWoWIce. Its effects are obvious with forum elements, like in the index page and in forums with subforums.

Sober Mode feature is enabled, but I haven't had the time to update it properly. It still works and does most of what it is supposed to, but some things won't look as they should for a while until I see to it.

Remember to clear your browser's cache to make sure everything is working correctly. And if something isn't, please do tell me about it by making a bug report on our also recently updated bugtracker.

As for the truewowice theme: the users who were using it should have noticed by now that their theme of preference was changed to Etrobian Second and truewowice can no longer be chosen. The reason for this is that, considering that the truewowice theme was discontinued and is no longer officially supported (announced a while back) and I don't have as much time as I once did, I haven't and won't update it to support phpbb's Prosilver 3.2.0 templates, which the website now uses. If you wish to take on the task of updating the entire style to support the new template engine, send me a PM and I will send you the truewowice theme files and if you do a good job with it, I could make the theme available again as a community contribution (meaning that its support would be your responsibility).

That's pretty much it.
Regards.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

night

Re: Website update: Visual changes, new feature and TrueWoWIce Theme (What Happened to it)

#2 » Post by night » 28 Jul 2017 19:51

bugtracker looks like it was made for a phone.

Etro
Honorary Member

Re: Website update: Visual changes, new feature and TrueWoWIce Theme (What Happened to it)

#3 » Post by Etro » 28 Jul 2017 19:54

It was. Everything nowadays is made with responsive design to support screens of all sizes.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

Nyeriah

#4 » Post by Nyeriah » 30 Jul 2017 01:23

Etro wrote:
28 Jul 2017 19:54
It was. Everything nowadays is made with responsive design to support screens of all sizes.
Server time clock gone pls add

Nyeriah

#5 » Post by Nyeriah » 30 Jul 2017 03:02

Nyeriah wrote:
30 Jul 2017 01:23
Etro wrote:
28 Jul 2017 19:54
Server time clock gone pls add
TY !

loveable

#6 » Post by loveable » 30 Jul 2017 09:38

ey Hide tag doesnt work

[hide]asdsadsafdsfdsfdsfadw
asdsadasda
casfqweqfd
wqqfsafd[/hide]
Beating Everything In WoW -> Ghost <-
Get Rekt , Get Rekt , Get Rekt = RBG
Get Rekt , Get Rekt , Get Rekt = Not RBG

Nyeriah

#7 » Post by Nyeriah » 30 Jul 2017 20:31

hi posts font color is gray again, that hurts the eye, ty

Etro
Honorary Member

#8 » Post by Etro » 30 Jul 2017 20:40

Nyeriah wrote:
30 Jul 2017 20:31
what? the font colour wasn't changed.

Nyeriah

#9 » Post by Nyeriah » 30 Jul 2017 21:08

Etro wrote:
30 Jul 2017 20:40
Nyeriah wrote:

can't disable stalker menu, keeps reseting

Etro
Honorary Member

#11 » Post by Etro » 31 Jul 2017 03:56

loveable wrote:
30 Jul 2017 09:38
ey Hide tag doesnt work

[hide]asdsadsafdsfdsfdsfadw
asdsadasda
casfqweqfd
wqqfsafd[/hide]
There's a problem with phpbb's new text formatter. It will hopefully be fixed when we update again.
Nyeriah wrote:
30 Jul 2017 21:08
Etro wrote:
30 Jul 2017 20:40
Nyeriah wrote:

can't disable stalker menu, keeps reseting
The font was never white.

Stalker Menu fixed.

Deim

#12 » Post by Deim » 31 Jul 2017 08:15

The new Mantis is cool :D
TrueWoW - Retired
PrimalWoW - Retired
Rest in pepperoni Crimson
RIP in pepperoni Aftershock
Spokesman of Aftershock in case of any questions/complaints hit me up in game or via PM.

Disclaimer: What I write on behalf guild doesn't always corelate with my own beliefs.

Brennus

#13 » Post by Brennus » 31 Jul 2017 09:28

Deim wrote:
31 Jul 2017 08:15
The new Mantis is cool :D
Agreed.
The old bugtracker always made me feel like I was back in the 90s... :lol:

Anyway, nice job, keep it up!

Good work indeed. Buttons, in general, are neater now, and the whole website looks tidy and well-done.

Perhaps a little intrusive, but still, I'd like to make a suggestion regarding the website update (If you guys don't mind, of course):

Lucida Grande and Trebuchet MS are "meh" fonts in my opinion...

I, myself, am a big fan of Armata (Sans-Serif font face).

Code: Select all

<style type="text/css">
@font-face {
	font-family: "Armata";
	src: url("https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Armata");
}

.content {
	clear: both;
	min-height: 3em;
	overflow: hidden;
	line-height: 1.4em;
	font-family: "Armata", Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;
	font-size: 1em;
	padding-bottom: 1px;
}
</style>
:D

How it looks like:
;)

It just needs community and staff feedback now. ^_^
•     Currently No longer Once again retired (now it's for real)     •

Etro
Honorary Member

#14 » Post by Etro » 31 Jul 2017 11:01

I don't know if I like how that font looks like.

Brennus

#15 » Post by Brennus » 01 Aug 2017 00:01

No problem. :)

How about one of those?
Ubuntu
Lato
Roboto
Titillium Web
•     Currently No longer Once again retired (now it's for real)     •