How to start to play on TrueWow

Fastor

Re: How to start to play on TrueWow

#31 » Post by Fastor » 24 Nov 2016 02:53

Listen, l already posted you on other topic that you open. Would you like me to check your PC for problem of why WoW is not working? l use Teamviewer.com for that and l need you only to keep looking what lm doing so in case of connection snapping to reconnect again.

Privacy guaranteed unless you have Barbie wallpaper.

Brennus

#32 » Post by Brennus » 24 Nov 2016 02:55

Chaiwallah wrote:I can't find a config file except for config.wtf in the WTF folder. I can't open it. Should I overwrite that with the realmlist line?
The file you are looking for is realmlist.wtf, located in WoW Install Folder\Data\enUS\, for American English clients, if you have a different language WoW, then choose accordingly.

Examples:
- WoW Install Folder\Data\enGB\ - British English client.
- WoW Install Folder\Data\esES\ - Spanish client.
- WoW Install Folder\Data\deDE\ - German client.
- WoW Install Folder\Data\frFR\ - French client.
- WoW Install Folder\Data\zhCN\ - Chinese client.
and so on...

Hope it helps.
•     Currently No longer Once again retired (now it's for real)     •

Brennus

#33 » Post by Brennus » 24 Nov 2016 02:56

Fastor wrote:Privacy guaranteed unless you have Barbie wallpaper.
:D

Chaiwallah

#34 » Post by Chaiwallah » 24 Nov 2016 03:03

Brennus wrote:
Chaiwallah wrote:I can't find a config file except for config.wtf in the WTF folder. I can't open it. Should I overwrite that with the realmlist line?
The file you are looking for is realmlist.wtf, located in WoW Install Folder\Data\enUS\, for American English clients, if you have a different language WoW, then choose accordingly.

Examples:
- WoW Install Folder\Data\enGB\ - British English client.
- WoW Install Folder\Data\esES\ - Spanish client.
- WoW Install Folder\Data\deDE\ - German client.
- WoW Install Folder\Data\frFR\ - French client.
- WoW Install Folder\Data\zhCN\ - Chinese client.
and so on...

Hope it helps.
Thanks, I change that every time I redownload the game. I'm redownloading it again with a new Torrent client. Can I start a new account and transfer my progress on the other account to it? Thanks for replying.

Brennus

#35 » Post by Brennus » 24 Nov 2016 03:17

You don't need to start a new account.
Just log your old account into your new game. Simple as that :tick:
Good luck.

Chaiwallah

#36 » Post by Chaiwallah » 24 Nov 2016 03:39

Brennus wrote:You don't need to start a new account.
Just log your old account into your new game. Simple as that :tick:
Good luck.
Thanks. This is the fourth time I'm downloading the game. I think the problem must be cache related and am trying to find where the caches could be. Apparently, Firefox also caches DNS information, so I downloaded a Firefox add-on to clear it. When the game stops downloading, I'll restart and finalize the add-on installation, then use it, use a cmd line to flush DNS, change the realmlist in the game files, and attempt to login again. (sigh)

Chaiwallah

#37 » Post by Chaiwallah » 24 Nov 2016 06:00

Well, I did all that and still cannot login. I'm waiting for the ISPs tech support to get back to me to see if they can clear DNS caches higher up than I can reach. Somehow, my account has been hijacked and logon attempts are going to the wrong server despite realmlist change. So, please answer my question about starting a new account and transferring progress to it. Also, in such a case would I need to use a VPN to mask my IP address?
My first exposure to TrueWOW showed me you've done some great work, but I may have to look elsewhere to play. Thanks for your attempts to help.

Chaiwallah

#38 » Post by Chaiwallah » 24 Nov 2016 08:27

While waiting for an engineer at my ISP to contact me in 5 days, I got in!! You have to open the WTF folder, right click on Config, and uncheck "read only". Then open the config file with notepad and after "SET" insert the realmlist line without the "set". Close and save and voila!

Eronox
MVP

#39 » Post by Eronox » 24 Nov 2016 08:51

Chaiwallah wrote:
Eronox wrote:
Chaiwallah wrote:I was playing the game yesterday after downloading it, but today I can't login. At first I would get stuck at "authenticating", but now after deleting it and redownloading it twice (the second time on another harddrive), the game times out at "connecting". Am I the only one having this problem? Does anyone know a solution?

Check your sexy realmlist, to be properly set as

Code: Select all

set realmlist login.truewow.org
Also check in your config.cfg file in the same directory as WoW.exe, to ensure the realmlist within it actually is changed. For some 3.3.5 downloads this messes up, why is unclear but I've helped several people with the same issue as you and this was the way of redemption! Another possible fix is to set the realmlist to its IP instead.

Code: Select all

set realmlist 170.33.234.49 
If you shall have any issues finding my referenced directories, shoot me a PM and we will clear it out properly ;)
Thanks, Eronox. I changed my password, changed the realmlist by copying and pasting the lines from your post. Currently, the IP address is entered. I can't find a config file except for config.wtf in the WTF folder. I can't open it. Should I overwrite that with the realmlist line?
I still get the same results, timing out at Connecting and a msg to contact Blizzard support.
Thanks a lot for responding to my posts. I really do appreciate it.
Open config.wtf with notepad and find the realmlist part in it. Should be row 1

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Nymunne
Former Staff

#40 » Post by Nymunne » 24 Nov 2016 15:48

Chaiwallah wrote:While waiting for an engineer at my ISP to contact me in 5 days, I got in!! You have to open the WTF folder, right click on Config, and uncheck "read only". Then open the config file with notepad and after "SET" insert the realmlist line without the "set". Close and save and voila!
Why don't you agree on letting Fastor help you? He helped lots of players before with Teamviewer and it can be resolved faster. I am just asking because this is the second time he offers to help and you ignored his reply in both topics. :P

Brennus

#41 » Post by Brennus » 24 Nov 2016 23:00

Fastor wrote:Listen, l already posted you on other topic that you open. Would you like me to check your PC for problem of why WoW is not working? l use Teamviewer.com for that and l need you only to keep looking what lm doing so in case of connection snapping to reconnect again.
Nymunne wrote:Why don't you agree on letting Fastor help you? He helped lots of players before with Teamviewer and it can be resolved faster. I am just asking because this is the second time he offers to help and you ignored his reply in both topics. :P
I guess it will be faster and easier for you if you follow Fastor and Nymunne suggestion. You can download TeamViewer here by the way.

Chaiwallah

#42 » Post by Chaiwallah » 27 Nov 2016 14:56

Nymunne wrote:
Chaiwallah wrote:While waiting for an engineer at my ISP to contact me in 5 days, I got in!! You have to open the WTF folder, right click on Config, and uncheck "read only". Then open the config file with notepad and after "SET" insert the realmlist line without the "set". Close and save and voila!
Why don't you agree on letting Fastor help you? He helped lots of players before with Teamviewer and it can be resolved faster. I am just asking because this is the second time he offers to help and you ignored his reply in both topics. :P

I was reporting that I got the game to work and how I did it. It may be helpful to someone else. Thanks for all your support and help. I'm not inclined to allow someone I don't know to access my computer. I think that's only prudent. This is no judgment on Fastor.

kenedy

#43 » Post by kenedy » 13 Jul 2017 09:11

Great post shared by you...well done.