Transfers from TrueWoW to PrimalWoW

Nyeriah

Transfers from TrueWoW to PrimalWoW

#1 » Post by Nyeriah » 06 Jul 2017 05:26

We have announced this possibility and I know a lot of you have been wondering what's going to be done about that since you haven't heard any news since its announcement.

For the most part, we already have everything we needed to decide to get it done, so all that we need right now is... someone to implement. And when we think of that someone, the arrows tend to point towards me, as I seem to be the one most involved with it from the ones with the skill set required to bring that idea to life.

The thing is, while I am requested to do this, I am also request to do several other things that are more important to our server.

We all want to enjoy the game and have good content releases, but that's not something that comes easy and for the most part that has taken the best of me lately.

Most of my time invested the server on the past weeks has been put into addressing the instability issues we had and pushing as many content fixes as I was able, to then along with the other developers stabilize things and get us closer to where we wish to be.

So in short, what is required for transfers to happen? Time.

While I am requested to this, I also have other projects that I need to address (like our ironman page). So by the end of the day, I have a lot of things to do on my "desk", but too little time to accomplish everything in a way that doesn't debilitate my schedule too much (I realized I do need time to sleep as well... sometimes).

When can we expect transfers from TrueWoW to PrimalWoW to be a thing?
Right now? No, not now, not in the next week, probably not in the week after either. Not until all the remaining issues from our transition have been solved and we are at a place we wish to be.

Is it something hard to do, how would it work out?
I don't assume it'll be hard to implement, in fact, I already had half of it done back when I was trying internal transfers with a different approach. Once the webpage is in place, internal transfers will be automatically processed once requested, given a character can only be transferred once.

PRIMAL -> TRUEWOW transfers will also be a thing.

Vanity items that don't affect the game play (such as the store pets) could also get transferred from one server to another (still up to discussion).

Nyeriah

Re: Transfers from TrueWoW to PrimalWoW

#2 » Post by Nyeriah » 07 Aug 2017 15:38

It is expected for transfers from TrueWoW to PrimalWoW to be available by the next weekend.

Nyeriah

Re: Transfers from TrueWoW to PrimalWoW

#3 » Post by Nyeriah » 14 Aug 2017 04:12

It'll be available at https://truewow.org/compensation once it's ready