New Player, Need Answers!

Newcomers of all levels are welcomed with their questions. There are always helpful and knowledgeable people ready to share some of their wisdom.
frostyspirit

New Player, Need Answers!

#1 » Post by frostyspirit » 14 Jun 2017 19:32

Hey Guys!

I'm glad I found this so fresh into BC! I have a few questions about the 3.3.5a/BC fusion that will affect my class choice.

1/ How are DoT crits functioning? I know that dots didn't crit until wrath and I was wondering if druid bleeds/affliction spells crit on the progressive BC realm?

2/ when the prog realm hits wrath, what are the state of dks? I loved the 2 fast 1h dual wield build that was like 0/21/22 and I'm curious as to whether the state of Dks is ICC based. They got patched a million times, and I just wanna know where they'll sit.

3/ I know server is low pop on prog realm. I'm in NA and would like to raid during reasonable hours even if I'm flexible. Are these options available for both factions or am I best off picking a particular one?

4/ What classes seem to be scarce? I was interested in rolling an alliance shaman since I like being a rarity but my girl REALLY wants to roll a BE. I have a toon on Elysium and Warlocks are unicorns on that server. I'd love to be a unicorn.

Thanks! Looking forward to meeting this new community. I'm an experienced top raider and have held leadership positions in all the raiding guilds I've been in. If any are recruiting strong, consistent raiders with good dps please feel free to let me know. I'm really excited that there's a bc server out, as I PvPd almost exclusively when bc was out so I only hardcore raided vanilla and wrath. It'll all be exciting and new to me! ☺️

Fitzpatrick
Honorary Member

Re: New Player, Need Answers!

#2 » Post by Fitzpatrick » 14 Jun 2017 21:04

1) some classes have access to dot crits via talents and some dont. Its a mishmash.

2) dunno bout dks

3) there are multiple NA-time raiding guilds active at the moment.

4) Dont forget that this is a crossfaction realm. You can play a dranei and blood elf and still raid, group, and PVP together. You just wont be able to quest together. As to what's needed - Id say play what you want and you'll be fine. Be aware tho that right now there are many, many ret paladins.
Fitzsimmons / Bibimbap / Fitzpatrick

Hairbrush

Re: New Player, Need Answers!

#3 » Post by Hairbrush » 15 Jun 2017 08:16

Fitzpatrick wrote:
14 Jun 2017 21:04
As to what's needed - Id say play what you want and you'll be fine. Be aware tho that right now there are many, many not nearly enough ret paladins.
Fixed.