Will TBC content require boosting on WotLK client?

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
Gadoschi
Donor

Will TBC content require boosting on WotLK client?

#1 » Post by Gadoschi » 26 May 2017 21:54

Thread topic is as title suggests - will TBC encounters on Primal receive a boost in damage and hp?

Why do I ask this?

I'll give you a quick and simple example:

- my level 65 retri paladin on WotLK client has virtually limitless mana, does nearly 700-1000 single target dps and 2000 dps when aoeing; i can easily solo 4-6 mobs of up to 3 levels above my own; can solo elites with tens of thousands of hp
- my level 70 retri paladin on TBC client (on a proven 2.4.3. server) is extremely squishy, does 500-600 single target dps on average with a mixture of rare and 2-3 epic items, and requires me to regen health and mana after killing 2 mobs of around my character's level; can barely solo elite mobs with 20-25k hp

If nothing is done in this regard, I believe TBC content will be facerolled, from Kara to Sunwell Plateau.
PC
MB: Asus M5A97 R2.0 (AM3+); CPU: AMD FX 8300 (@4,2GHz); GPU: Gigabyte R9 380 4GB GDDR5 (@1,15GHz); RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 1866MHz (2x4GB Kit); PSU: Coolermaster V550 (80+ Gold); CPU Cooler: LC-CC-120; Case: Antec GX505; Fans: Antec TrueQuiet 120mm x5; Monitor: AOC G2460PF (24'', 1ms, 144Hz, Freesync); Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB (Cherry MX Red); Mouse: Logitech G302; Surface: Roccat Taito Mid 5mm

Floss

Re: Will TBC content require boosting on WotLK client?

#2 » Post by Floss » 27 May 2017 00:26

That's what i tried to explain about the flaw in "Progressive vanilla/TBC" .
The talents and stats are so imbalanced (they basically belong to wotlk), hence classes are not equal and some encounters have to be radically changed/nerfed.

Now it's too late to do it (2 weeks before Patch) cause we're talking about major changes but maybe GMs should consider going for a pure 2.4.3 patch??
I can already till you that PVP will be a mess... Talents just don't add up , i'm trying to work my around it.

Maybe other classes will suffer less or even gain alot from it idk.

Nyeriah

#3 » Post by Nyeriah » 27 May 2017 00:27

No, you're completely out of all the work we've been doing for so long. Check how raids look at the PTR.

Floss

#4 » Post by Floss » 27 May 2017 00:36

Nyeriah wrote:
27 May 2017 00:27
No, you're completely out of all the work we've been doing for so long. Check how raids look at the PTR.
I'm pretty sure that you tested the patch for raids and such , but do you have any idea about what course PvP's gonna take?

Not that we can do much about it cause it's a pve server but i'm positive that PVP is gonna be super imbalanced.

Deim

#5 » Post by Deim » 27 May 2017 00:38

Floss, I would suppose it's gonna be less imbalanced than pvp scene right now on Primal as more talents + ressilience will roll.
More or less similar to how 69 twink scene looked like on TW.
Also as Nye stated, there is a lot happening on PTR and tester forums. Classes are getting custom tweaks to balance them and so on. Ofc it's more PvE oriented as it's the major aim atm. However I'm pretty sure PvE aspect will also get some tweaks here and there as it had been done on Primal previously.
TrueWoW - Retired
PrimalWoW - Retired
Rest in pepperoni Crimson
RIP in pepperoni Aftershock
Spokesman of Aftershock in case of any questions/complaints hit me up in game or via PM.

Disclaimer: What I write on behalf guild doesn't always corelate with my own beliefs.

Floss

#6 » Post by Floss » 27 May 2017 01:10

Deim wrote:
27 May 2017 00:38
Floss, I would suppose it's gonna be less imbalanced than pvp scene right now on Primal as more talents + ressilience will roll.
More or less similar to how 69 twink scene looked like on TW.
Also as Nye stated, there is a lot happening on PTR and tester forums. Classes are getting custom tweaks to balance them and so on. Ofc it's more PvE oriented as it's the major aim atm. However I'm pretty sure PvE aspect will also get some tweaks here and there as it had been done on Primal previously.
You can't compare a twink scene that is usually played by 1~2% of server's population to the major PVP scene.
You can't afford such lack of talents in arena for example.

Anyway no point arguing cause theres nothing to be done about this except going 2.4.3 patch which won't happen.

Altho i'm quite intrigued to learn more about how those tweaks you mentioned are made when it comes to PVP.

Deim

#7 » Post by Deim » 27 May 2017 01:45

The most simple one I could think of right now is additional debuff on selfheals. Before it warlocks and spriests were nearly unkillable.

Custom damage debuff which compensates lack of ressilience im vanilla

Also note that PvP scene was nearly dead before most recent changes like mercenary mode so doubt there was much more applied as nearly no one "tested" it Also class imbalance was huge (as horde caster fighting paladins was pure cancer for classes with dots and thats why majority spriests and afflocks were ally cuz no one could counter them)

Probably some more changes but dunno I was never realy interested that much in PvP tho it's fun now.

Probably Nephyx could give you more detailed info.
TrueWoW - Retired
PrimalWoW - Retired
Spokesman of Aftershock in case of any questions/complaints hit me up in game or via PM.

Disclaimer: What I write on behalf guild doesn't always corelate with my own beliefs.

Futuristics

#8 » Post by Futuristics » 27 May 2017 02:57

But op is asking about mobs and from what i can tell the leveling experience more than the raids. I was wondering the same thing. Tbc leveling in wrath is a complete joke. Pretty much any class can pull a shot ton of mobs and breeze through most elites. I guess getting on the ptr and seeing it for myself is best

Deim

#9 » Post by Deim » 27 May 2017 12:09

Futuristics wrote:
27 May 2017 02:57
But op is asking about mobs and from what i can tell the leveling experience more than the raids. I was wondering the same thing. Tbc leveling in wrath is a complete joke. Pretty much any class can pull a shot ton of mobs and breeze through most elites. I guess getting on the ptr and seeing it for myself is best
I was just answering Floss's question about PvP, although belive me that more than half of the mobs in OL were lacking spells and SAI scripts. Right now some of testers (like me) are working on identifying more and adding them back. After fixing some of them I had hard time with soloing some of them with level 70 test character which was more than decently geared.
TrueWoW - Retired
PrimalWoW - Retired

Mizzeeh

#10 » Post by Mizzeeh » 27 May 2017 17:42

Just like in the Vanilla phase there will be (and has already been close to completed for T4) an attempt at buffing raids and dungeons so that they're difficult with the talents and abilities we have access to.

The way this is being done content will be considerably more difficult than it was in 2.4.3 and probably more difficult than any patch aside from maybe 2.0, for the most part, while still providing plenty of content for more casual or less skilled players to sink their teeth into.

There has also been an effort into looking at PvP balance, seeing if damage and/or healing is too high and if certain classes dominate unreasonably, but this is hard to do without proper feedback and PvPers on this realm as a group are way less organized and prepared to test things than PvEers, so much of this will likely have to be done in real time as it becomes clear on the live realm which classes/abilities need tweaking.

I'm obviously not speaking for the devs here, but I've been very involved in raid testing and following all the TBC testing very closely.

Gadoschi
Donor

#11 » Post by Gadoschi » 27 May 2017 18:46

You got me all wrong.

I'm not asking for extremely difficult or challenging content.

I was only expressing my concern about it being too easy - apparently, you already have it covered, so we might as well close this topic.
PC
MB: Asus M5A97 R2.0 (AM3+); CPU: AMD FX 8300 (@4,2GHz); GPU: Gigabyte R9 380 4GB GDDR5 (@1,15GHz); RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 1866MHz (2x4GB Kit); PSU: Coolermaster V550 (80+ Gold); CPU Cooler: LC-CC-120; Case: Antec GX505; Fans: Antec TrueQuiet 120mm x5; Monitor: AOC G2460PF (24'', 1ms, 144Hz, Freesync); Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB (Cherry MX Red); Mouse: Logitech G302; Surface: Roccat Taito Mid 5mm

Floss

#12 » Post by Floss » 27 May 2017 18:55

Mizzeeh wrote:
27 May 2017 17:42

There has also been an effort into looking at PvP balance, seeing if damage and/or healing is too high and if certain classes dominate unreasonably, but this is hard to do without proper feedback and PvPers on this realm as a group are way less organized and prepared to test things than PvEers, so much of this will likely have to be done in real time as it becomes clear on the live realm which classes/abilities need tweaking.

I'm obviously not speaking for the devs here, but I've been very involved in raid testing and following all the TBC testing very closely.
My name ingame is Flossburn and i'll gladly help as a Tester if GMs see it fit.

I just need 2-3 players that can PVP with me on PTR for a few hours.

Can cover up 2-3 classes that i'm familiar with.

Just /w me and tell me to log PTR anytime you see me online.

majstorfanta

#13 » Post by majstorfanta » 27 May 2017 20:43

It will be more balanced as Deim said than this vanilla phase on wotlk. And even in vanilla phase everything was playable, I think all classes had a chance at rank 1 in arenas (not every spec). Bgs tho are a different story where meele is simply on worse end.
Jackofclubs
Aceofhearts
Kynlovesrets