[TW] Make /CFworld an official public channel or another /CFlfg channel, official and moderated.

smartos

[TW] Make /CFworld an official public channel or another /CFlfg channel, official and moderated.

#1 » Post by smartos » 13 Mar 2017 02:34

Personally I stopped using /cfworld for almost a week now, due to the multiple spams of certain players and the foreign languages conversation between players on the channel. When I asked staff why there is no moderation on the channel, answer was because its not an official public channel. Ok. And here I am.
Why I think /cfworld should be public channel or there should be another /lfg public/moderated channel:

- Proper moderation will be used.
- It was accepted that our server needs Crossfaction to stay active, due to the population number.
- It will inform all players on the server of raiding/pvp/rp activities, without having to spam in 3 different chats.
- New players (yes there are still new players coming here to play and lvl) will actually see the activity of the server. /lfg and /world on either factions are barely being used.
- Common sense.

Now I understand why it was not made a public channel from the start. There are still small number of people who dont fancy the Crossfaction idea, but at the end of the day those people still end up in a CFraid/bg.
Not to forget that if you dont like somebody from the other faction you can always /ignore.
Peace.
Last edited by smartos on 15 Mar 2017 03:52, edited 4 times in total.
Retired and deleted characters.

Zerosolitude - Frost/Unholy DK
Kroton - Retry/Prot Pala
Sweetstrike - Fury/Arms Warr
Erectionmage - Arcane/Fire Mage
Zeroshadows - Shadow Priest
Zeroarrows - MM Hunter
Zeroclaws - Kitty/Bear/Boomy
Zeromercy - CB/Ass Rogue
Zerocurses - Demo/Affliction Warlock
Zerototems - Ele/Enha Shamy

IronSharona
Former Staff

Re: [TW] Make /CFworld an official public channel or go full CF with common /world and /lfg

#2 » Post by IronSharona » 13 Mar 2017 03:26

Personally agree since cf seems to be around to stay on TW for the foreseeable future. I'd like to be able to make it a friendlier place for people to come together to support the activities we do have.

That being said, this may be considered a duplicate/subsuggestion of this topic depending on the results of the comments/votes. I'll leave this thread open for now, but it will be closed if a definitive answer is given in the other thread on this topic or if another mod believes nothing different can be added here.
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)

Eronox
MVP

Re: [TW] Make /CFworld an official public channel or go full CF with common /world and /lfg

#3 » Post by Eronox » 13 Mar 2017 16:33

I agree with this, and staff knows I do since I have actually myself made an internal suggestion about this the other week. We'll see if this gets any attention from the community and takes the steps thereafter, if any.

:tick:

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

blagovest_tonev

#5 » Post by blagovest_tonev » 14 Mar 2017 06:16

+1

The channel has been a salty place ever since the implementation of crossfaction. Either moderate it or make a seperate LFG crossfaction channel for those who don't want to be part of the cfworld channel.

Joh0239

#6 » Post by Joh0239 » 14 Mar 2017 10:17

+1
Mandatory Character List:
Zortax - Fury/Prot
Zortix - Boomkin/Restoration
Zortex - MM
Thepower - Enha/Restoration
Zortux - Prot/Ret
Discbelf - Shadow/Disc
Deathen - Frost/Blood
Oombacca - Restoration/Feral(bear)
Kelbert - Demonology
Froxy - Arcane/Fire

Gnurg

#7 » Post by Gnurg » 14 Mar 2017 13:29

blagovest_tonev wrote:+1

The channel has been a salty place ever since the implementation of crossfaction. Either moderate it or make a seperate LFG crossfaction channel for those who don't want to be part of the cfworld channel.
Aslong as you use cf as prefix you can have any name on your channel. Cfworld just ended up very popular.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

blagovest_tonev

#8 » Post by blagovest_tonev » 14 Mar 2017 16:28

Not my point, there is even an announcement in-game about what you wrote. The thing is the channel is mostly used for players to insult each other and so on. I gave the channel as an example, because it's the most used crossfaction one.

Gnurg

#9 » Post by Gnurg » 14 Mar 2017 16:33

blagovest_tonev wrote:Not my point, there is even an announcement in-game about what you wrote. The thing is the channel is mostly used for players to insult each other and so on. I gave the channel as an example, because it's the most used crossfaction one.
blagovest_tonev wrote:make a seperate LFG crossfaction channel for those who don't want to be part of the cfworld channel.

All you have to do is encourage people to join cflfg, you don't need a staff member to do that for you.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

blagovest_tonev

#10 » Post by blagovest_tonev » 14 Mar 2017 17:15

And all you have to do is state an opinion on the matter, if you have such. Do you have a certain problem that we would like an assistance with resolving the case with that cancerous crossfaction channel? Seriously, don't fill the thread with useless comments, because it's a meaningful suggestion by smartos.

Gnurg

#11 » Post by Gnurg » 14 Mar 2017 17:29

blagovest_tonev wrote:And all you have to do is state an opinion on the matter, if you have such. Do you have a certain problem that we would like an assistance with resolving the case with that cancerous crossfaction channel? Seriously, don't fill the thread with useless comments, because it's a meaningful suggestion by smartos.
He did mention that a solution would be to make a common lfg channel. That's currently possible by just writing /join cflfg.

Other than that, it's the exact same suggestion as this one posted a few days earlier: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=37202.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

smartos

#12 » Post by smartos » 15 Mar 2017 03:38

Gnurg wrote:He did mention that a solution would be to make a common lfg channel. That's currently possible by just writing /join cflfg.
Yes thanks for reminding me to Edit my title, Gnurg. Yes I mentioned one of the solution is to make a common lfg channel, BUT an official public channel, so that it can be moderated properly, random /cflfg without any moderation that might turn into second /cfworld, and even if by any chance it doesnt turn out like that, there is still the lack of moderation, and the fact that it is still a "choice to join" channel and it will exclulde the few ppl who are still not using /CFchats for their own reasons. That is the main reason of this whole thread.

I believe making a Moderated /CFlfg without going full Cross-faction yet is doable. That way there can still be little faction separation (no cf /who for example), every time a player logs he will automatically be connected to the /cflfg (why /cflfg? cus thats is one of the main reasons we accepted Cross-faction in the first place: more ppl to fill raids/bg/rp events, and this is a channel to do it), and /cfworld may still remain as it is: a "choice to join" global chat for the players.

I think if we go full cross-faction now, with all the cross-faction options /s,/w,/ginv,/who it will be a massive outbreak of trolling or abuse and it will just hasten the wind to push us faster down the drain. (<---- i will paste this to the other thread and voice my opinion there too.)

Kroton - Retry/Prot Pala
Zeroarrows - MM Hunter
Zeromercy - CB/Ass Rogue

Gnurg

Re: [TW] Make /CFworld an official public channel or another /CFlfg channel, official and moderated.

#13 » Post by Gnurg » 15 Mar 2017 08:14

In 99 % of those cases, moderation is just "Just ignore the player". It's not going to make people behave better.

People can already badmouth eachother in cfworld, so why would they have to do it in cflfg as well? People already know from the normal channels that lfg is solely for finding groups, so it's likely that players will keep it that way when it comes to cflfg.

Starting to moderate cfworld would make it less welcoming for the ones who finally found a widely used channel where they don't have to worry about a staff member muting them. If anything, only moderate cflfg and other chosen i.e. cfglobal.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

smartos

Re: [TW] Make /CFworld an official public channel or another /CFlfg channel, official and moderated.

#14 » Post by smartos » 15 Mar 2017 19:20

It is up to the ppl themselves how they behave, everyone has their own head on their shoulders.
Ofc. everybody knows what lfg is for, and when it comes to cflfg like u said, they shouldnt badmouth in there aswell. People can keep their /cfwrold with no mutes and continue to badmouth as much they like. When I left /cfworld I thought to myself "How would the other faction be informed of raids i make for example." And thinking of duel loging again and promoting on the both sides while we have crossfaction accepted I just cba to do it. So making another CFlfg random chat with solely that purpose, what would stop or get in the way of ppl having their personal conversations, or native tongues or badmouthing others or whatever again. Making it an officialy accepted /cflfg public and moderated channel at least.
And as far as /ignore goes, with our population is just hilarious. You cant ignore ppl u raid/pvp with on same team every day. As much as I wish I could, I just can not AFFORD this personal comfort If i am to still join raids/bgs.
Thats why a simple moderation goes longer ways here.

Kroton - Retry/Prot Pala
Zeroarrows - MM Hunter
Zeromercy - CB/Ass Rogue

Eronox
MVP

#15 » Post by Eronox » 15 Mar 2017 20:31

CFWorld is one of the most used channels on TrueWoW. From perspective, it can be mentioned to be the Only channel used. For such events Gnurg is speaking of, by just creating a new channel with the cfprefix and move your buddies there would eventually just lead to establishing cancer once again but just in another channel.

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash