Pokimans - 2100 2v2 Fire
Cazzuto - Arms PvE / 1950 2v2
Dextr - Blood Dps PvE / Frost "priority list" Dps PvE
Ribba - Beast Mastery PvP / Survival PvE

My Enhancement PvP guide

Nyeriah

Re: "Partial" Arena season resets problems and possible solutions

#107 » Post by Nyeriah » 17 Jan 2017 19:10

It's better to move the tournament suggestion to another thread since as far as it seems the initial suggestion here presented will not be accepted as it doesn't have the approval of the PvP community by what it seems.

ribbaribbahey

#108 » Post by ribbaribbahey » 17 Jan 2017 19:16

''Approval of the pvp community'', the cringe is real. Fucking indolents.

Ribbaz - 2300 2v2 Enhancement
Pokimans - 2100 2v2 Fire

My Enhancement PvP guide

Eronox
MVP

#109 » Post by Eronox » 17 Jan 2017 19:22

ribbaribbahey wrote:''Approval of the pvp community'', the cringe is real. Fucking indolents.
No need to throw insults just because something won't fullfil your desires.
I'd also be very very careful with the choice of words in the near time if I were you ;)

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

ribbaribbahey

#110 » Post by ribbaribbahey » 17 Jan 2017 19:29

Or else? I'll be spared the time that takes to this server to fully die? Couldn't care less,at this point.

I'll remark my words: it is not by pleasing a group of people mostly consisting in imbeciles that you run a server. What the fuck does ''Approval of the pvp community'' mean? Is there even a pvp community? Half of the people who wrote here isn't even playing anymore. So, if I read bullshit, I point out the bullshit. And that one is particularly smelly.

So cut out the bullshit, if you don't feel like taking action on this matter just fucking say so instead of trying to fool people with fake facade motivations.

Pokimans - 2100 2v2 Fire

My Enhancement PvP guide

Longi

#111 » Post by Longi » 17 Jan 2017 19:33

Eronox wrote:
ribbaribbahey wrote:''Approval of the pvp community'', the cringe is real. Fucking indolents.
No need to throw insults just because something won't fullfil your desires.
I'd also be very very careful with the choice of words in the near time if I were you ;)
Boo boo boo ... oh damn .. last time when I wrote this, get banned for 6 days :D :D

Eronox
MVP

#112 » Post by Eronox » 17 Jan 2017 19:49

Longi wrote: Boo boo boo ... oh damn .. last time when I wrote this, get banned for 6 days :D :D
As it should be ;) :tick:

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Fastor

#113 » Post by Fastor » 17 Jan 2017 19:52

ribbaribbahey wrote:Or else? I'll be spared the time that takes to this server to fully die? Couldn't care less,at this point.

I'll remark my words: it is not by pleasing a group of people mostly consisting in imbeciles that you run a server. What the fuck does ''Approval of the pvp community'' mean? Is there even a pvp community? Half of the people who wrote here isn't even playing anymore. So, if I read bullshit, I point out the bullshit. And that one is particularly smelly.

So cut out the bullshit, if you don't feel like taking action on this matter just fucking say so instead of trying to fool people with fake facade motivations.
He is actually right on all three on this one.

Nyeriah

#114 » Post by Nyeriah » 17 Jan 2017 19:52

I've read all of the replies in this thread, and regardless of them still playing or not, most of them were against it. Very few people were favorable to it. I understand the problems there is when it comes to having a large gear inflation (and that's not about PvP only but in general) but it looks like players simply don't want it. Maybe if more people posted their opinion here that would change, but so far that's how it looks like.

Meanwhile, the tournament suggestion was also presented here and it would be better it if was worked on elsewhere so it doesn't get mixed up with this initial suggestion.

Sorry that my response didn't suit you. Though I'd probably not try to be so disgustingly rude when interacting with others :)

ribbaribbahey

#115 » Post by ribbaribbahey » 17 Jan 2017 20:04

Nyeriah what people wants IS NOT WHAT THE SERVER NEEDS.

I would gladly keep my gears too. People doesn't understand. You cannot give THEM the reins of the server! Y'all are considering the opinion of people that LITERALLY PREFERS TO NOT PLAY PVP rather than play it in reletless gears! Is that not enough for you to understand?

Pokimans - 2100 2v2 Fire

My Enhancement PvP guide

skyx

#116 » Post by skyx » 01 Feb 2017 17:12

Honestly, I have never seen/been on a server that gave less fucks to PvP than Truewow.

Last time I checked, PvP is part of WoW too.

Nyeriah wrote: I understand the problems there is when it comes to having a large gear inflation (and that's not about PvP only but in general) but it looks like players simply don't want it.
Who are these people?

Arena PvP is dead here because no one likes to get farmed by Shadowmorons and full WF geared people.

People have left for Gamer District/Warmane/Atlantiss WoW etc because this server simply caters for PvErs only.

The lack of a PvP community also deters PvPers from joining this server in the first place too; It is a vicious cycle.
Nyeriah wrote: the approval of the PvP community
Who are you fooling? There isn't one.

ribbaribbahey

#117 » Post by ribbaribbahey » 01 Feb 2017 17:51

+1

Pokimans - 2100 2v2 Fire

My Enhancement PvP guide

SomethingWitty

#118 » Post by SomethingWitty » 01 Feb 2017 19:41

skyx wrote:Honestly, I have never seen/been on a server that gave less fucks to PvP than Truewow.

Last time I checked, PvP is part of WoW too.
Yep, this is pretty much obvious by now, just take a look at how hard it is to revert LoS in WSG and the comments in the FAP thread. feelsbadman when you have no one in the staff who actually plays or is decent in PvP #BringBackDiryn

So here's my rant:

All of this would be excusable, e.g. LoS changes, SM's in arena, general PvP balance and general disinterest from staff in PvP matters, if the population was actually high, like the 600+ people online when i first started here, because back then there would always be something to do/the problems would be less pronounced. Now it's <100 during the times i play. You also won't believe the excuses thrown out when TW started losing population,

"Oh, it's because of the summer/winter holidays"
"Oh, people have exams"
"Oh, their pets all died"

and my personal favourite "TW originally never had that much population, it's not the norm, in time it will stabilise at a lower peak" congratz TW i guess you finally stabilised. Instead of thinking of ways to maintain/attract more people, they brushed it off as something of a freak occurence lul. To be more precise, i think it should be "Honestly, I have never seen/been on a server that gave less fucks to PvP and it's wellbeing than Truewow". PvP suggestions made back then which would have improved the scene were shot down as unblizzlike.

When pop dropped down to 300, maybe it would have been better for the staff to announce that someone had stolen their database and everyone had to start from scratch again at Naxx, can't be worse than it is now. Someone wrote something years ago on the forums here about the server lacking foresight and i guess time proved them correct. What's funny/frightening is that there are still people clinging to this idea of "blizzlike" with the server in its current state, the day TW achieves 100% WotLK blizzlike is the day TW shuts down.

/rant

skyx wrote:Arena PvP is dead here because no one likes to get farmed by Shadowmorons and full WF geared people.

People have left for Gamer District/Warmane/Atlantiss WoW etc because this server simply caters for PvErs only.

The lack of a PvP community also deters PvPers from joining this server in the first place too; It is a vicious cycle.
After all these years, i finally started a character on Warmane, shit is buggy as hell but at least there are these things that look like npc's which run around and talk.

To anyone whose wondering about TW:
PvP: don't bother wasting your time here levelling a class, 80% of the time is just spent in rbg queues on non-peak times and absolutely no arenas at those times too.
PvE: don't know, don't care but i hear the scripts are good
Levellers: if you enjoy the single player WotLK experience you're gonna love it here, best quest/environment/general scripting out of all the servers i've been on (better than the shit on Dalaran/Lordaeron)
"he cant even base a shit + he is worst pvp player in here and he tells us we are bad in pvp this is nonesense its like Englez will say that virdo is bad in leading raids and in pve and after virdo asks him why he say that and for what reason englez will say 'i dont want to destroy your statements ive been there done that etc' "-Balanced 2015

Justicelight
Donor

#119 » Post by Justicelight » 01 Feb 2017 20:25

Arena here is dead because people are getting kicked out of their comfort zone when dealing with skilled PvP players.

There are noobs with gear (SM and WF) and big mouth and then there are the ones that are losing the game vs them and care too much about losing + about their opponents trolling/emoting/etc.

I've seen Diryn being called an abuser by people which don't even know how to fully play their main class, so that says a lot about "wrong perspectives" of some people that want to change the pvp here.

Skyx, TrueWoW had good players in the past, but players are only rated as being "skilled" by comparing them with the bad ones. When the merges that brought players like Rock, Templar, Diryn (Irrlicht/Dypra, started to play again after long inactivity), Divovski, Purger, Emcee and others, I personally was able to rate myself as a player. I started losing more than usually due to being matched vs Divovski/Purger, Rock/Templar (hpala/arms comps, which has the power to break double dps teams) and I knew I had to get better to atleast stand a chance vs them.

So here we are today, with good pvp players gone, and geared WF + SM leftover players, maybe not so skilled. This is the challenge players have to overcome if they want to defeat them. No one forbid PVE here, so players can put some dedication into it and get 25 HC offsets, 2/5 WF gear (from VoA) and you reduce that gear difference to minimum.

So, Skyx, stop inciting other players while asking for a change (I myself got incited and made suggestions), instead of promoting more active PvE scene which can greatly improve the PvP scene, for sure BGs can be changed.

Now tell me, 3 WF pieces of gear over 3 Relentless pieces of gear is what makes the difference here? I strongly doubt it. So start putting more into the game and typing less on forum:
1. PvE offsets are accessible to everyone! start promoting PvE raids, because here PvP is mixed with PvE gear, this is what gives the difference.
2. Only 2 gear piece needs "skill" effort to gain and those are Shoulders and Head, do you belive two WF pieces are causing the issue here? the same ilvl gear can be easily obtained, without much effort.
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."

skyx

#120 » Post by skyx » 01 Feb 2017 22:07

Justicelight wrote:...
I just read your wall of text and..........I want my 5 minutes back Jesus.

Everyone knows that HC PvE gear ruined PvP balance in 3.3.5 and yet you are okay with it.

When I talk about the state of PvP here, I speak for EVERYONE, including new players to the server and people wanting to try out PvP.

I am not shit like Pwntato who needs gear to get anywhere. I have played arenas with different classes on my previous servers
and I have legit obtained WF shoulders in 3v3s unlike most "skilled PvP players" here. But that is in the past and I don't really care so much about "high mmr arenas" any more but still, please don't talk down on me like I am some sort of gear carried random PvEr.

Also, I am not going to repeat all the stuff I have said on the forum because I will wasting my time since your head is so far up your own ass. You are nothing special like you make yourself out to be and archaic views like yours are the reason why the PvP is so dead here. I just want positive change and if inciting people is needed then so be it.

I don't know why I bother sometimes. I quit this server before when I transferred here because of the pathetic Gladiator mounts in the vote shop and the crappy Shadowmoron infested 2v2s here back in 2014 and I guess now is a good time to quit again for good.

PS:
Justicelight wrote: (hpala/arms comps, which has the power to break double dps teams)
An arena ladder infested with "hpala/arms" comps is a STRONG indication that the quality of PvP on the server is LOW unlike a ladder with a broad representation of different class/comps. So judging from what you spewed, the quality wasn't really good back then either.