Re: The Kitty's guide PVE 3.3.5a

#16 » Post by Ancestor » 09 Jan 2017 11:37

OT:
[hide]wtb feral pvp guide also plz[/hide]

skyx

#17 » Post by skyx » 09 Jan 2017 11:47

nice guide.

Maybe expand it to Feral tanking and PvP as well in the future.

Criticat

#18 » Post by Criticat » 09 Jan 2017 22:55

Ancestor wrote:OT:
[hide]wtb feral pvp guide also plz[/hide]
Re:
http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=11019 - Dueling guide by Jamhead
Criticat
"Impossible is just an opinion."

Criticat

#19 » Post by Criticat » 09 Jan 2017 22:56

skyx wrote:nice guide.

Maybe expand it to Feral tanking and PvP as well in the future.
Thank you for the feedback. ^_^
Criticat

Brennus

#20 » Post by Brennus » 10 Jan 2017 00:16

Well done. Nice guide.

Although I do not agree with a few things, but that may be just my opinion :D

[hide="Some thoughts of mine"]Professions:
:tick: Theoretically, Blacksmithing+Jewelcrafting combination nets you the most stats.

:tick: On the other hand, Engineering may not offer a lot in terms of stats, but its utility is awesome (Nitro Boots, Haste Gloves, etc.)

:tick: If you like money / love playing the Auction House game, Herbalism+Skinning is also a good choice, as you can gather herbs, loot and skin mobs while in Flight Form, and, while levelling up, at least 3 Druid quests require few herbs.
Also, Herbalism gives you a heal you can use while stealthed/flying and Skinning gives you some critical strike rating. Quite handy, isn't it?

:cross: I don't like Alchemy for druids (but I'm biased against Alchemy). Actually it's not bad.

:cross: Leatherworking makes you save some money with Leg Enchantments, and have a nice Bracer Enchantment, but that's not a big deal in my opinion.

:tick: All the other professions are OK I think.

Minor glyphs:
All of them are useful, I guess it's a matter of opinion.

:tick: I love the Glyph of Aquatic Form, but, yeah, it is kind of useless for DPSing.

:tick: Glyph of Dash and Glyph of Thorns are both very useful, but I don't really like Glyph of the Wild.

:tick: Glyph of Unburdened Rebirth if you want to save a few coins.
In my opinion, buying reagents is not that bad (though it may be a problem if you keep forgetting to) ^_^ , that's why I don't use this glyph.

Talents:
:tick: Cool build, but I'm not a good Feral DPS :oops: (I'd rather tank 8-) ) so my opinion here does not matter.
I would exchange Improved Leader of the Pack for Improved Mangle or Furor.[/hide]

Nice guide mate, I hope it helps a lot of kitties out there :D
•     Currently No longer Once again retired (now it's for real)     •

Criticat

#21 » Post by Criticat » 10 Jan 2017 03:20

Brennus wrote:Well done. Nice guide.

Although I do not agree with a few things, but that may be just my opinion :D

[hide="Some thoughts of mine"]Professions:
:tick: Theoretically, Blacksmithing+Jewelcrafting combination nets you the most stats.

:tick: On the other hand, Engineering may not offer a lot in terms of stats, but its utility is awesome (Nitro Boots, Haste Gloves, etc.)

:tick: If you like money / love playing the Auction House game, Herbalism+Skinning is also a good choice, as you can gather herbs, loot and skin mobs while in Flight Form, and, while levelling up, at least 3 Druid quests require few herbs.
Also, Herbalism gives you a heal you can use while stealthed/flying and Skinning gives you some critical strike rating. Quite handy, isn't it?

:cross: I don't like Alchemy for druids (but I'm biased against Alchemy). Actually it's not bad.

:cross: Leatherworking makes you save some money with Leg Enchantments, and have a nice Bracer Enchantment, but that's not a big deal in my opinion.

:tick: All the other professions are OK I think.

Minor glyphs:
All of them are useful, I guess it's a matter of opinion.

:tick: I love the Glyph of Aquatic Form, but, yeah, it is kind of useless for DPSing.

:tick: Glyph of Dash and Glyph of Thorns are both very useful, but I don't really like Glyph of the Wild.

:tick: Glyph of Unburdened Rebirth if you want to save a few coins.
In my opinion, buying reagents is not that bad (though it may be a problem if you keep forgetting to) ^_^ , that's why I don't use this glyph.

Talents:
:tick: Cool build, but I'm not a good Feral DPS :oops: (I'd rather tank 8-) ) so my opinion here does not matter.
I would exchange Improved Leader of the Pack for Improved Mangle or Furor.[/hide]

Nice guide mate, I hope it helps a lot of kitties out there :D
Thank you first of all, I do really appreciate someone who actually knows what he's talking about. Although, like you said BS and JC would give you the most permanent stats, It's arguable wether +400 AP by tailoring in addition to +340 haste on gloves combined would out come the JC+BS combination, in my opinion I would definitely go with the 2nd option. And lmao, I have glyph of Aquatic form on my Off Spec incase I ever need it (Which I do every once in a while). There couldn't be a better glyph while leveling though.
Criticat

w0lf
Donor

#22 » Post by w0lf » 12 Jan 2017 09:07

Criticat wrote:
When to stack Agility?
When you have armor penetration, hit, and expertise capped. But NOT crit capped.

Armor penetration
When should you start stacking armor penetration? And is it better than agility?
So Agility increases your bleed damage. Armor penetration reduces enemy armor increasing your physical damage, the most important thing you have to know is that most of Kitty dps is done by melee attacks.
You should start stacking armor penetration when you have 50% from gears which is about 700 Armor penetration.
Criticat wrote:ROTATION!
There is no fixed rotation for a feral druid. But there's a list of priority
After applying Faerie Fire (Feral)
Savage Roar > Mangle > Rip > Rake > Shred > Ferocious Bite
Kitty dps is not about spamming spells. Your energy is your girlfriend, the less you pressure her, the more she gives you. You need to keep your Savage Roar, Mangle,FF up at all times and reapply your dots when they're off (Completely) ASAP. So as you can conclude your rotation is based on a set of PRIORITY, and ain't no such a thing as 1234.
Hi Criticat,

Thanks, I've been following this guide in addition to others but I keep coming across the same inconsistencies.

1) Why is your arp threshold so high? Other guides I've been following suggest 400arp via gear before stacking arp gems.
2) Other guides suggest using Rip before SR.
2.1) Again, the suggestion is to let Rake drop then reapply asap, whilst keeping Rip up 100%
3) I'm sure I've missed something implicit along the way, but how do you propose starting with SR with no CP?

At 250arp +agi stacked a solid 50% of all my damage comes from white attacks.
Wilcox wrote:rumor has it, omurtag is still lfm for icc10n
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ |

Longi

#23 » Post by Longi » 12 Jan 2017 09:46

w0lf wrote: Hi Criticat,

Thanks, I've been following this guide in addition to others but I keep coming across the same inconsistencies.

1) Why is your arp threshold so high? Other guides I've been following suggest 400arp via gear before stacking arp gems.
2.1) Again, the suggestion is to let Rake drop then reapply asap, whilst keeping Rip up 100%
3) I'm sure I've missed something implicit along the way, but how do you propose starting with SR with no CP?

1. his threshold is low, from endgame gear you have cca 1250 arpen ( 277iLVL ), from 264 items you have around 1000, people stacking arpen only beacuse they are lazy re-socket all after going close to arpen cap :D agility is better if you have arpen under 1000 lets say
2. SR increasing melle dmg by 30 %, your melle attack is what are you doing while you are afkin, so SR first
2.1 good luck with reapply abilities asap :D
3. he didnt write about " rotations " , he is talking about priorities, so SR is top priority

w0lf
Donor

#24 » Post by w0lf » 12 Jan 2017 13:58

You have answered literally 0 of the questions above, please re-read.

1) I am asking WHY in COMPARISON to OTHER guides, Criticat's threshhold is much higher.
2) At a point where my melee damage does the same as my abilites 50%. Whilst I "afk" lol.
2.1) My argument stems from DoT application similar to DP and VT from Spriests. You let the DoT expire so to take advantage of the final tick, do you not?. I don't see how Rip is any different, hence the question, with regards to the other sources I've been following. Oh and as far as reapplying goes, I can do it with no discernable DPS loss. Can't you?
3) As I stated before, SR requires 1 CP to use, ergo an opening ability is required.

Edit: Going through past encounters in Skada and I can't for the life of me find where I got that 50% figure. It's more like 27%.
Last edited by w0lf on 12 Jan 2017 16:46, edited 2 times in total.
Wilcox wrote:rumor has it, omurtag is still lfm for icc10n
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ |

keez
Donor

#25 » Post by keez » 12 Jan 2017 13:59

Criticat wrote:Your energy is your girlfriend, the less you pressure her, the more she gives you.
lmao thats my boy :D

Criticat

#26 » Post by Criticat » 14 Jan 2017 19:47

w0lf wrote:
Criticat wrote:
When to stack Agility?
When you have armor penetration, hit, and expertise capped. But NOT crit capped.

Armor penetration
When should you start stacking armor penetration? And is it better than agility?
So Agility increases your bleed damage. Armor penetration reduces enemy armor increasing your physical damage, the most important thing you have to know is that most of Kitty dps is done by melee attacks.
You should start stacking armor penetration when you have 50% from gears which is about 700 Armor penetration.
Criticat wrote:ROTATION!
There is no fixed rotation for a feral druid. But there's a list of priority
After applying Faerie Fire (Feral)
Savage Roar > Mangle > Rip > Rake > Shred > Ferocious Bite
Kitty dps is not about spamming spells. Your energy is your girlfriend, the less you pressure her, the more she gives you. You need to keep your Savage Roar, Mangle,FF up at all times and reapply your dots when they're off (Completely) ASAP. So as you can conclude your rotation is based on a set of PRIORITY, and ain't no such a thing as 1234.
Hi Criticat,

Ay brotha, sorry I was busy last couple days..
I.First thing, I'd encourage you to start stacking armor penetration on somewhere around -50% because that's when you can actually start noticing the difference between Agility/Arm combo (It's lovely seeing your shred doing a lot more damage than it used to). You can get very significant armor penetration process such as Needle-Encrusted Scorpion trinket and few other. In addition, low gears don't give you that much critical strike, stacking agility would work best as it will increase your bleeds damage (AP) as well as crit strike for the use of Primal fury talent.

II. Most of kitty damage is done by melee attacks. In addition, Savage roar also increase your spells damage. SR>Rip anytime.
There's no difference between rake and rip, you want to let them drop then reapply ASAP. Because you don't want to lose a tick just for the sake of keeping it on all the time. Also, applying a 5 combo rip right when it drop shouldn't be an issue with more practice you will see how that works.

III. Use SR with atleast x2 combo points. I usually start my rotation with FF>Mangle>Rake>SR to get that SR ASAP.
Note: And during fights it really goes back to priority. So let's say your rip is about to run out at the same time your SR. You might want to get x2 SR real quick (Ideally you want it at x4) then get that rip back ASAP. Again, trust me it sounds confusing trying to explain it, all it needs is just practice.

Best of luck bud
Criticat

Criticat

#27 » Post by Criticat » 14 Jan 2017 19:49

keez wrote:
Criticat wrote:Your energy is your girlfriend, the less you pressure her, the more she gives you.
lmao thats my boy :D
Oh my.. You lovely gnome I missed you, hmu on Skype soon.
Criticat

Thexelez

#28 » Post by Thexelez » 11 Mar 2017 02:03

I always preferred rake , savage roar, mangle , shred, rip for opening on bosses. Felt way more comfortable and got rake idol agi buff stacking asap .

As much as I talked with a friend of mine, the conclusion we reached was that something is/was fucked up with boss crit reduction.
Anyways, I kept stacking agility to the ends of the earth after arpen, exp and hit cap and had fun with it. Fuck stacking attack power. By no means am I saying this is the true cat way.

[hide="le satisfaction"]http://pasteboard.co/HVZ9GR96s.jpg
http://pasteboard.co/HW0wV9NA0.jpg
http://pasteboard.co/HW2Nd07Q2.jpg
This occured a lot in the end when I got near bis and I enjoyed it[/hide]

Try mongoose , shit was amazing :d

edit : /// Cower is a waste of spell, never use it because it's threat reduction is absoulte shit, get a proper tank / hunter in your group and you are fine
Ambaal / Tyrael
Divinity
EU : Tolbajoob - Draenor
xelez#2396 -diskörd

Criticat

#29 » Post by Criticat » 05 Dec 2020 03:01

Links are fixed and some other format and content changes.
-Edited on 04 Dec 2020.
Criticat