[Pending] Solo queue arena on TrueWow

Boxis
Donor

Re: Solo queue arena on TrueWow

Post#16 » 08 Jan 2017 12:48

5v5 is the most inbalanced and stupid ladder in my opinion for competitive playing, that's why Blizzard focused on 3v3 which is the most balanced of all 3.
You won't ever find a competitive ladder on TrueWoW. It's a casual place where the mediocre players, like myself, got a chance at doing well. In terms of balance, we have a mixed gear quality among the players (some with max ilvl, some around ilvl 264 and some below that item level), already ensuring unbalance (atleast considering it's harder to find a raid these days). Bringing all those into a 3v3 match will much more highlight the gear difference compared to if they did 5v5. You can't really use the high-level balance evaluation you got from your AT-experience, as while most teams have a battle plan with CC, gimping, etc. over on AT, here it's all about "Hey, lets kill the healer first" while throwing a stun or fear left and right.

In my opinion, focus on creating a fun, rather than competitive, environment regardless of gear.
I don't think gear makes difference in 5v5 since you will pretty much destroy one target in seconds no matter, if players are more or less balanced gear-wise or, if there is ilevel difference in gear between them (as you said, we are talking about casual players now, right ?). They can go even full pve and the result will be same.

Also, in my opinion, rated arenas (therefore rated soloque as well) should be always known as a competitive part of the game, you are queueing in order to get something (be it gear or APs for 10 games per week), if someone wants to play for fun there is skirmish mode for that. Moreover, I believe 3v3 is better for communication purposes between players during game.

I can't honestly believe that someone would prefer 5v5 over 3v3 really, especially on our server, since it would take twice as long to get arena call in 5v5 soloque than in 3v3 (it won't be easy to get enough players in 3v3 as well). So, I am not sure, if you would even find 10 people online at a time in queue, or, if they would wait for so long in order to get at least one game, therefore almost negating the purpose of the feature.My opinion might be a bit biased because I don't like 5v5 at all
No need to make it so complicated that people will lose interest. Simple solo-queuing with replacing 5v5 panel with it should be enough for start. Then it can be tweaked (if someone actually has the possibility to script it) according to players feedback.
If it's supposed to be 3v3, you can replace the 3v3 panel. It's not like ranked 3v3 team matches are being played anyways.
Yes, this is fine too.

Justicelight
Former Staff

Post#17 » 08 Jan 2017 12:56

I'd like this for 5v5 only. The bigger the teams, the less the gear imbalance matters and easier it would be to make balanced teams
If you get 10 playes and put them in 5vs5 they will most of the time end up playing with atleast 2 of players in same team again.

If you get 10 players and put them in 3vs3 you are gaining an additional team, faster changing partners/enemies and also more people get the chance of experiencing different players in their team.

The bigger the teams, less games can happen due to limited number of queued players we have, since population is limited too. If we want to be successful with this idea, it should be done to please the ones that queue, meaning to fulfill at its best the main advantage of it: more often pvp interaction in arena.
Group queue obviously can't be done.
Ofc, that will kill the purpose of "Solo" que.
Last Man Standing could be reenabled once it's made sure that it's not easy to cheat in this future.
The same system that is implemented for BGs, where you get detected if you queue from multiple chars while one char is in que already/or in bg (not sure), could be use to prevent multi-queueing, so this should be ok.

The main risk of this, will be to get troll players, but judging by the limited population we got, it will be easy to put them in "Hall of Fame" since everyone knows everyone more or less.

And lastly, implementing this could really bring up some experience into new players. More experienced ones will explain their team, before the game starts, what he should do, and in this way everyone could easily learn from each other's pvp experience.
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."
[/i]

Cocopuffs
Donor

Post#18 » 08 Jan 2017 13:36

dopr, but instead of nerfing classes, lower max ilvl available per item slot, or max Gs available to queue, and make it so that we can't change gear back once inside, if that is even a possibility. as far as forum rank, I wanna be called sdodgebob

Justicelight
Former Staff

Post#19 » 08 Jan 2017 14:32

Tbh, the nerfing part can be discussed afterwards, first we have to see if we can get soloq idea pushed through.
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."
[/i]

SomethingWitty

Post#20 » 08 Jan 2017 20:51

+1 to 2v2/3v3

5v5 is a joke bracket

Limit ilevel to 264 and you're gucci
"he cant even base a shit + he is worst pvp player in here and he tells us we are bad in pvp this is nonesense its like Englez will say that virdo is bad in leading raids and in pve and after virdo asks him why he say that and for what reason englez will say 'i dont want to destroy your statements ive been there done that etc' "-Balanced 2015

Gnurg
Donor

Post#21 » 08 Jan 2017 20:58

I'd like this for 5v5 only. The bigger the teams, the less the gear imbalance matters and easier it would be to make balanced teams
If you get 10 playes and put them in 5vs5 they will most of the time end up playing with atleast 2 of players in same team again.

If you get 10 players and put them in 3vs3 you are gaining an additional team, faster changing partners/enemies and also more people get the chance of experiencing different players in their team.

The bigger the teams, less games can happen due to limited number of queued players we have, since population is limited too. If we want to be successful with this idea, it should be done to please the ones that queue, meaning to fulfill at its best the main advantage of it: more often pvp interaction in arena.
Given your format: healer, dps, dps. I would actually say 3v3 would be slower due to the potensial lack of healers. 5v5 could either run 1 or 2 healers. 5v5 is a bit more flexable both in composition and mixing the teams. And on our little server, you're bound to get the same teammates sometimes, it can't be avoided.

I mentioned it once, but cross-faction should be highly considered for this. It would speeded up the games by a lot.

As for item restrictions, it's been suggested 100 times and not been applied. It wasn't applied those times and likely won't be applied at all, so no need to mention it every single arena topic.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Longi

Post#22 » 08 Jan 2017 21:04

+1 this is one of the best idea we had so far :D

Accept it quick before Gnurg brings milions shitty " updates " to it :D

That awkward moment between birth and death

Justicelight
Former Staff

Post#23 » 08 Jan 2017 21:51

Given your format: healer, dps, dps. I would actually say 3v3 would be slower due to the potensial lack of healers. 5v5 could either run 1 or 2 healers.
There is a potential lack of healers. So this means that the number of healers will determine the number of teams formed in the solo queue matching mechanic.

5vs5 would just eat up 10 players per game, decreasing the number of teams x games formed which is exactly the opposite of what is the suggestion trying to achieve, more teams, more games.

Not to mention that 5vs5 soloque would just require more than 6 players to queue, leaving 4 left to queue to start the game, which, when server has low population at a given hour, it will become a limiting aspect, making impossible for the game to start for the players that actually have queued. With these said, they would just get frustrated that they didn`t get any call, even with "brand new soloque system" which was ment to send them in arena faster, so they will eventually quit doing arena, which is already happened in normal 3vs3 ladder. So yea, 6 players per game would be the normal limit, and not 10.

I understand what centers your desire, but try to be more objective than subjective aka your chase of achievement without thinking about durability of suggestions.
[/i]

skyx

Post#24 » 09 Jan 2017 12:42

Interesting. A suggestion from Mr "Remove-all-WF-gear-except-shoulders-cuz-I-am-special" who also vehemently down-voted a gear restriction suggestion.

I would agree to this suggestion however but this is even more un-blizzlike than most of the suggestions ever posted here and I doubt TW devs would bother, especially with Stormhold.

Justicelight
Former Staff

Post#25 » 09 Jan 2017 12:48

I guess the players feedback was somehow positive until now, let`s just see if staff want to accept this and if it is feasible.
[/i]

skyx

Post#26 » 09 Jan 2017 12:58

No, ANY suggestion that IMPROVES PvP here is a +1 from me as long as it is fair, balanced and accessible to all.

However, TW doesn't really have a good track record of doing anything for PvP here except that SM nerf and adding dalaran sewers/rings of valor.

Also Image

enough said.

milanlord

Post#27 » 09 Jan 2017 13:22

No, ANY suggestion that IMPROVES PvP here is a +1 from me as long as it is fair, balanced and accessible to all.

However, TW doesn't really have a good track record of doing anything for PvP here except that SM nerf and adding dalaran sewers/rings of valor.

Also Image

enough said.
If I'm not wrong, they sadly disabled Ring of Valor :(
Retired - Sadly I can't agree with cf bg's being a good choice for the server. The only thing we got with this feature is less bg's nowadays and less people online and I can't participate in this big mistake.

Justicelight
Former Staff

Post#28 » 11 Jan 2017 15:29

Bam bam, bump.
[/i]

Cocopuffs
Donor

Post#29 » 11 Jan 2017 15:54

+1 to 2v2/3v3

5v5 is a joke bracket

Limit ilevel to 264 and you're gucci

i say 251's and 245 trinks :^) rip pseudo gladiators

Vaen
Tester

Post#30 » 11 Jan 2017 16:59

+1 to adding 3v3 solo queue. Restrict pve pieces to 264 and maybe even lower rating required for arena rewards to account for population (season has been running for what, 3 months? and nobody is over 1900 even lol). You might even get more people to raid normal icc again with the ilvl restriction.
Verwandlung - Human Lock
Follow me on Twitch

Return to “Pending”