The Dragonfire Challenge: Onyxia's Lair!

Promote, share and read about the multitude of (in-game and out-of-game) events and creations of the community.
Nyeriah

The Dragonfire Challenge: Onyxia's Lair!

#1 » Post by Nyeriah » 27 Dec 2016 16:40

DRAGONFIRE CHALLENGE
ONYXIA's LAIR

Category
Raid Challenge

Criteria Type
Less is More

Group Size
Max of 3 players

Entry Type
Submission (27.12.2016 - 11.01.2017)

Rewards
6000 gold split evenly among the participants
200 web points to each participant.
Background
  • After being ultimately confronted by Marshal Windsor and the group of heroes following the events of the Great Masquerade, Lady Onyxia retreated to her cavernous lair in the swampy lands of Dustwallow Marsh, developing her plans of controlling humanity and once again reassuring the Black Dragonflight dominance over the other living beings of Azeroth.

Now and then a group of brave heroes gather up to end the threat of the evil broodmother. Whether seeking justice, vengeance, challenge, or the famous, unique [Reins of the Onyxian Drake], whoever engages in this plight is in for a lot of fun.
Challenge Description
  • Players are to gather in groups sizing from 2 up to 3 players and lay siege to the 10 man version of Onyxia's Lair.

Potions, flasks, class buffs, soulstones and any other consumables are allowed (no restrictions!).

Any class combination is allowed. Some class combinations will have an easier time performing this challenge, however every class combination should be viable given the proper role requirements are respected (Healer, Tank, Damage Dealers).
Validation

• Participants who wish to take part in this challenge are required to record their fights and upload their successful attempt to YouTube in order to receive their reward.

• - The uploaded video can be edited at will to shorter the duration or add any effects.
      - Any sound effects and sound backgrounds are allowed.
      - The video must not length less than 5 minutes.
      - The video title should have "TrueWoW" written in it. A link to the TrueWoW website must be present in the video description.
      - The video must be public (not unlisted or private).
      - The PLAYER NAME of all the group members should be included in the video description.
Count me in!

- To participate, simply leave your entry as a reply including the character names and the YouTube Video.
For example:
  • Characters: Skye, Wooleix (2)

[/youtube]
The entry must be sent within the current raid lockout. If you miss the submission period, you'll not receive any rewards!!!

Thanks for your time and happy dragon hunting!

Fastor

Re: The Dragonfire Challenge: Onyxia's Lair!

#2 » Post by Fastor » 27 Dec 2016 17:05

WTF you give time for only current lockout and its few hours till reset?!?! Where the fuck am l going to find 2 healers?

Nyeriah

#3 » Post by Nyeriah » 27 Dec 2016 17:06

Nyeriah wrote: Entry Type
Submission (27.12.2016 - 04.01.2016)
:P

If anyone wants to submit it today, it's fine too. I'll actually change it from 27 to 04

Gnurg

#4 » Post by Gnurg » 27 Dec 2016 17:21

What recording software would you recommend?
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Nyeriah

#5 » Post by Nyeriah » 27 Dec 2016 17:27

I'm using a desktop recorder, but it gives me huge files. Perhaps Fastor has a good list of suggestions to give us :D

Fastor

#6 » Post by Fastor » 27 Dec 2016 17:28

Boxis did topic about it already.

EDIT here is test video of 4 tools for recording from this year
[youtube]S3pYpK63x44[/youtube]
Just jump to 7:20 to see this
Fraps fucking forget 6GB at 60FPS playing
DxTory l have never heard before and l will never use it

Only OBS and Bandicam remain but Bandicam is not free (aka crack it) while its retard friendly, just click and go.

Anyway video does show how to configure OBS so its cool to use.

Nymunne
Former Staff

#7 » Post by Nymunne » 27 Dec 2016 21:08

Nyeriah wrote:
Nyeriah wrote: Entry Type
Submission (27.12.2016 - 04.01.2016)
:P

If anyone wants to submit it today, it's fine too. I'll actually change it from 27 to 04
04.01.2017 not 2016. :D

Nyeriah

#8 » Post by Nyeriah » 27 Dec 2016 21:11

Wops

Fastor

#9 » Post by Fastor » 27 Dec 2016 22:12

Timeline is not strong in this one.

Boxis
Donor

#10 » Post by Boxis » 28 Dec 2016 10:45

Gnurg wrote:What recording software would you recommend?
If you have a Nvidia card then use Nvidia's Shadowplay.
If you have an AMD card then use AMD's ReLive.

I don't think there is a 3rd party software which matches their level when it comes to performance loss/visual quality since it's optimized to use only your GPU to record so expect max 5% loss in FPS.

Gnurg

#11 » Post by Gnurg » 28 Dec 2016 11:03

Boxis wrote:

I don't think there is a 3rd party software which matches their level when it comes to performance loss/visual quality since it's optimized to use only your GPU to record so expect max 5% loss in FPS.
I just want something easy to use for this one time only. No need for HD. Are these like that?
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Boxis
Donor

#12 » Post by Boxis » 28 Dec 2016 11:18

Gnurg wrote:
Boxis wrote:

I just want something easy to use for this one time only. No need for HD. Are these like that?
Both of them require similar one-time setup which is pretty trivial. After you do so, you can keep the overlay always on, if you want, so whenever you want to record something (be it desktop or game) you will just press previously binded record button, to start recording and press it again to stop recording. Simple as that.

Fastor

#13 » Post by Fastor » 28 Dec 2016 11:23

Long time ago when l had GTX660 l tried Shadowplay and instantly regret, that is why l dont recommend it to anyone.

That being said, knowing that you Gnurg bought GTX970 recently and that you are "next>next>next>l accept>next>install>finish>ehfak" type of PC user that installs stuff, you most likely already have Shadowplay installed. Just open user interface called Nvidia Experience and there should be button for Shadowplay.

Gnurg

#14 » Post by Gnurg » 28 Dec 2016 11:24

Boxis wrote:
Gnurg wrote:
Boxis wrote:

Both of them require similar one-time setup which is pretty trivial. After you do so, you can keep the overlay always on, if you want, so whenever you want to record something (be it desktop or game) you will just press previously binded record button, to start recording and press it again to stop recording. Simple as that.
Oki, thanks! :-)

Now I just hope there actually are any people I can group with... >....<
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Ancestor

#15 » Post by Ancestor » 28 Dec 2016 11:31

Anyway seems to be best challenge/promo for server ever