Cross-faction on TrueWoW?

Relina

Re: Cross-faction on TrueWoW?

#181 » Post by Relina » 26 Dec 2016 06:10

Nyeriah wrote: Hello,

As with the current proposal, RDF/RHCs are now crossfaction. Depending on the feedback from the community now we'll decide what actions to take from here.

Regards
Erm are we able to communicate with the player from opposite faction while in rdf/rhc with them ?
If not will make thing a bit annoying.
Truewow: Retired for now.
Peace - Lvl: 80 Paladin

Primalwow: Retired for now.
Relina - Lvl: 70 Paladin

I'm willing to become a stone bridge.
Just...
to catch a glimpse of you passing by.

Regent
Tester

#182 » Post by Regent » 26 Dec 2016 10:40

First Feedback: 26th of December, 2016.

I just did my first run with cross faction RDF. It was Utgarde Pinnacle - heroic.
There were 3 Horde members and 2 Alliance members - a Blood Elf DK, a Blood Elf Paladin, a Tauren Warrior, a Night elf Druid (tank) and myself as Night elf druid (healer).
I was totally unable to use any of my single target healing spells on any of the Horde group members, which obviously made it a bit complicated to keep them healed (only Wild Growth was working on them, and ONLY if i put it on myself by standing near them or the other Alliance member in the group whenever he was near them).
Since I couldn't communicate with any of them either (due to Orcish and Common language restrictions), it was impossible for me to tell them to slow down to allow my Wild Growth to keep them sufficiently healed.
Their AOE attacks didn't seem to be damaging the tank (at least not to my eye) but that may require further verification.
Also, the Horde members all seemed to have nameplates as if they're still hostile targets (like in a BG / Arena). I was expecting them to appear as friendly targets (temporarily at least) just for the sake of the RDF.

That's all for now. You may want to look into the direct healing and friend/foe tag issue because it will cause wipes if not addressed.
You may want to consider lifting the language barrier as well if you want this to work.

Best Regards.
Last edited by Regent on 26 Dec 2016 10:43, edited 1 time in total.
Rest in Peace,
Sarah Melody Jones.
May 20, 1989 - May 12, 2018.
Beloved Girlfriend & Mother-To-Be.
When I close my eyes, I see you.
When I open my eyes, I miss you.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Regent- - - - - - - - -Regentt- - - - - - - - -Regennt- - - - - - - - -Regency

blagovest_tonev

#183 » Post by blagovest_tonev » 26 Dec 2016 10:42

Enable LFG and party chat for both factions. Shared LFG would make forming groups way easier, and shared party chat would make completing the dungeon easier.

bracken819

#184 » Post by bracken819 » 26 Dec 2016 10:46

Was ret pala from regent's rhc group. As paladin i was unable to buff/hand/heal or cleanse alliance members.

I think divine storm may have been healing though, so would support his claims on AoE healing working only. I was able to get buff from the alliance druids, which is party wide so may have been a factor.

Feirus

Gnurg

#185 » Post by Gnurg » 26 Dec 2016 10:56

HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Relina

#186 » Post by Relina » 26 Dec 2016 11:18

Ran a Nexus normal a few mins ago, Ally Tank | Horde Healer, was hilarious till we solved communication issue by having one of us log alt on opposite faction to chat while alt tabbed and made the Horde dps tank while ally tank went dps.

Can confirm above, that healing & buffing/cleansing seems to only work if its an AoE type effect.
And for the love all that is holy can we get LFG / atleast Party chat while in rdf/rhc group to be xfaction too ?
Truewow: Retired for now.
Peace - Lvl: 80 Paladin

Primalwow: Retired for now.
Relina - Lvl: 70 Paladin

I'm willing to become a stone bridge.
Just...
to catch a glimpse of you passing by.

Evildead

#187 » Post by Evildead » 26 Dec 2016 11:24

That is a mess, please remove... :|
Last edited by Evildead on 26 Dec 2016 12:09, edited 1 time in total.
https://imgur.com/NhsJUyc.jpg

Great ideas often receive violent opposition from mediocre minds.

~Albert Einstein.

Gnurg

#188 » Post by Gnurg » 26 Dec 2016 11:31

I changed it and it appears to work locally for me now. Nyeriah will have to review it, but it should be working by next update.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

andriuspel
Former Staff

#189 » Post by andriuspel » 26 Dec 2016 12:07

rhc crossfction isn't working well, we're getting opposite faction players but... we can't heal them, can't chat with them, especially we can kill them xD
A son asked his father (a programmer) why the sun rises in the east, and sets in the west. His response? It works, don’t touch!

Everyone says it's difficult to work with a person while they have a negative attitude or constantly exhibit uncooperative behavior.

benta

#190 » Post by benta » 26 Dec 2016 12:26

andriuspel wrote:rhc crossfction isn't working well, we're getting opposite faction players but... we can't heal them, can't chat with them, especially we can kill them xD
Best
RHC
Ever.

testeromir

#191 » Post by testeromir » 26 Dec 2016 12:43

Blizzlike :D
Truewow:
Proghaan
Testera
Woden
Taman
Mudu
Testeram
Gemark
Frithell
Nibghaan

Primalwow:
Proghaan

Nyeriah

#192 » Post by Nyeriah » 26 Dec 2016 12:49

You can heal them now and whatever else, chat will be in after restart. These things kind of worked when I tried them, but I guess there were issues due to server setting conflicts.

Thank you for looking into it, Gnurg :)

Gnurg

#193 » Post by Gnurg » 26 Dec 2016 14:23

Issues:
  • First boss in the Nexus might be friendly with the same faction? (False)
  • Halls of Reflection - How do the people aboard the gunship at the end interact? (True, but no big deal)
  • Can't resurrect opposite faction? (False)
Resolved issues:
  • Can't chat with opposite faction in party chat
  • Can't buff or heal a opposite faction directly
  • Faction Champions is friendly if you're the same faction. (Confirmed)
  • ICC Dungeons - How do Sylvannas and Jaina interact with different faction? i.e. quest chain. (Confirmed)
If you could confirm the issues above and/or add further issues, that would be very helpful. :-)
Last edited by Gnurg on 07 Jan 2017 09:39, edited 4 times in total.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Klick17

#194 » Post by Klick17 » 26 Dec 2016 18:50

Nyeriah wrote:
Klick17 wrote:Nyeriah, may you,the gm's, and higher ranked staff enable X-faction for the dungeons and the chat in the dungeons only? Exclude the raids, and pvp stuff for this, just the dungeons and the dungeon chat only, and everything should be fine. If these cry babies think that the X-faction thing is for the full realm,even though its for only 2 small parts of the realm as a feature,then their wrong. Just make it in a way that's only for the leveling in dungeons from 1-80 for those who level the pve way, and as for the 80's make sure the raids and bg's are pvp mode,not pve! :) :D ^_^
Hello,

As with the current proposal, RDF/RHCs are now crossfaction. Depending on the feedback from the community now we'll decide what actions to take from here.

Regards
Ok then, thanks anyways for the support,im really glad you gave it! :) , and hopefully everything will be very good on the truewow realm, despite the way you gm's and higher ranks also have a plan in progress for primal wow! :D

chickenbutt
Donor

#195 » Post by chickenbutt » 26 Dec 2016 20:48

I did Halls as Horde with Jaina and was able to attack and kill NPCs on the alliance gunship
:=) My Mini Enhancement Shaman PvE Guide

https://soundcloud.com/open_minded_97/fullat - a punk song I wrote and produced with a friend from music community college in 2019