Transfer Questions

ythealien99

Transfer Questions

#1 » Post by ythealien99 » 15 Dec 2016 07:37

- Can I transfer a character from another private server without providing my account information and using screenshots only, similar to how you accept transfer from retail?
- What if the character being transferred has the same name as a character already on the server?

mcheka

Re: Transfer Questions

#2 » Post by mcheka » 15 Dec 2016 09:17

You can't transfer from another private server without providing your account information. Retail is a special case because Battle.net accounts store banking information. If you're like most people and engage in rampant password reuse, your safest bet is to temporarily change your password on that server, wait for the transfer to complete, then change it back.

You'll get a free character customization on your first login, which includes a rename. You can choose a new name, but you won't be able to get the name you have on your other server if it's already taken here.
Aurelian the Immortal
<Massive Forearms>
Danuvius of Inquisition

ythealien99

#3 » Post by ythealien99 » 15 Dec 2016 09:50

Thanks for the information. Unfortunately there is absolutely no way I'm going to allow access to my accounts anywhere else, so I'll just level up normally.

Nymunne
Former Staff

#4 » Post by Nymunne » 15 Dec 2016 10:47

ythealien99 wrote:Thanks for the information. Unfortunately there is absolutely no way I'm going to allow access to my accounts anywhere else, so I'll just level up normally.
As you wish. Then I'll be moving this to resolved as your questions have been answered.