Cross-faction on TrueWoW?

Intervention
Former Staff

Re: Cross-faction on TrueWoW?

#106 » Post by Intervention » 13 Dec 2016 12:48

Garadan wrote: Alliance has always been the problem on TW, no matter what was tried
Free transfer from Horde to Alliance / Server Merges and w/e else
They used to be better, back in 2010/2011 when Roel and Intervention still played
Better When Immortal No More still played but they're all gone now.
You're god damn right....!

Garadan wrote: What caused all this? Bad decisions by staff, such as Peithne and others along the way.
At some point we were not even able to discuss our issues with staff members on forums anymore, playing dictatorship on us.
What did that do to the server?

Hmmm...
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

Triblatri

#107 » Post by Triblatri » 13 Dec 2016 13:33

Guys i cant belive that you are so blind , if crossfraction happan it wont save server, you think only 5days ahead , think 5months ,atleast we still get some new players leveling , but with crossfraction we gonna lose current players and 0 new players (who will come as new player on server with crossfraction?)so ti wont happan anything better just worse.Ppl said Omegawow worked good with crossfraction till it wosnt shut down.SO we right now wanna make date when truewow gonna shut down with crossfraction?

Garadan

#108 » Post by Garadan » 13 Dec 2016 14:29

Garadan wrote:What the Alliance faction needs is a proper leader, they're scattered have no one to lead them
Gnurg, I suggest you make your own guild on Alliance and start making things right over there.
That would be the best thing you would have ever done in TW.
Don't you ignore me Gnrug.
Garadan from Garadar.

Gnurg

#109 » Post by Gnurg » 13 Dec 2016 15:27

Garadan wrote:
Garadan wrote:What the Alliance faction needs is a proper leader, they're scattered have no one to lead them
Gnurg, I suggest you make your own guild on Alliance and start making things right over there.
That would be the best thing you would have ever done in TW.
Don't you ignore me Gnrug.
This is very off-topic...

You need to make up your mind though. First I am the problem that TrueWoW needs to get rid of, and now you want me to be the saviour that unites the Alliance.

My personal interests when in comes to playing on TrueWoW are casual battlegrounds and raids. I like the idea of just writing LFM Naxxramas, filling the raid with anyone regardless of gear and experience and just doing our best to take down the raid fairly fast. I hate having long static weekly guild raids, where you have to show up every single week at the same time (kind of like work) and you are expected to have the gear and skill to take down the instance for the nth time. The ones who don't meet the expectations end up being left out.

In addition to disliking the guild raid concept, I don't really have any leadership skills, nor do I think all the Alliance players would want to join one big guild.

I think cross-faction would open for more PuG raids, where the open-minded players can tag along, and the others can dwell inside their dark caves. Right now, it's "impossible" to gather a 10 player pug or battlegrounds larger than 5v5, so the TrueWoW realm has very little appeal to me in its current state.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

milanlord

#110 » Post by milanlord » 13 Dec 2016 16:38

I may be harsh in my first comments about this and hot headed, but I always tried to share what is the best in my opinion for this server. I still think its the good thing to go first cross faction RDF and I'm glad staff changed their decision.

I would give later on my +1 on this, if we start losing more people and things don't get better, but the recent things which happened give me faith it will get better and we won't have to have full cross faction.

Also I wanted to share my opinion about Gnurg's suggestions. I have to say that I agree with some parts which Virdo said and with some I disagree. Firstly, I think Gnurg is valuable member of this community and it would a big loss if we lose her. She indeed is trying to help server and I think she had some really good job.
I don't mind if she spams forum about some suggestions which has irrelative change on game( even if its like she said, to keep the forum is active), But when she propose suggestions that are game breaking like this one or some similar, than I have to voice my opinion against it, why?

Because I think you already did so much work on PVE part of server, that you don't have to work on it anymore, expect some bugged quests or idk animations of the boss if you like. The only part which needs to be fixed is PVP things ( talents, pets, spells). BG is fine, it just depends on with what people you play and there are still some people who sadly abuse queue. No matter what you change, people won't return cause of that, they will come back for some other reasons.

At the end I would propose Gnurg, if you really want to help server and care about population, try to find some kind of event which won't affect the game, but people will enjoy in it. You did fantastic job with that Gnomeathon, that event was super fun, I'm sure you can come up with something nice like that was again. For that, you will always have my support and help if needed. Cause in the end, that's what we need to get people back. We have to show that something is happening and show them the best parts of our server which will attract old/new people , not cross faction, not removal of SM, not restricted BG queue, just that.
Retired - Sadly I can't agree with cf bg's being a good choice for the server. The only thing we got with this feature is less bg's nowadays and less people online and I can't participate in this big mistake.

Garadan

#111 » Post by Garadan » 13 Dec 2016 16:45

Again with "events"
Garadan from Garadar.

Brennus

#112 » Post by Brennus » 14 Dec 2016 13:39

Noticed this yesterday. Good idea.

My suggestion: give us more time, at least one or two more weeks, so people reading that auto-broadcast message may have their chance of voting.
•     Currently No longer Once again retired (now it's for real)     •

XxEggMannxX

#113 » Post by XxEggMannxX » 15 Dec 2016 12:40

I am still all for X-Faction but after reading all the comments against it i do fear that current players would leave and all id like is for the population to rise not fall
if there is a way to enable X-Faction for only PvE players or perhaps give people an option in game say check box or something that would be great (though that last part is a lot easier said than done) please do X the RDF for now as a trial at least
(Rest of reply is background on me, can ignore)
I am a PvE player and cant speak to PvP style game-play but for PvE i feel X-Faction would be amazing i share the enjoyment of hating ether faction but only whenever im on as ether faction i do fear the fun server branding but when looking for other servers this is and still would be by far the most blizz-like out there with the highest population ive seen many other servers try for blizz but land far short with bugged classes or races and bugged to shit quests, AH, RDF, etc... its not like im saying TW is our only option but thats pretty much exactly what im saying at least for a true blizz-like experience

Cocopuffs
Donor

#114 » Post by Cocopuffs » 15 Dec 2016 13:29

pve doesn't need xfaction, pvp does. but whatever

Nyeriah

#115 » Post by Nyeriah » 15 Dec 2016 14:25

Horde pve doesn't *

chickenbutt
Donor

#116 » Post by chickenbutt » 15 Dec 2016 16:59

Honestly when I saw this thread I thought the purpose of it was to bring back active PvP to this server... It might not have a large impact on arena but it will certainly make battleground activity skyrocket.
Alliance are so sick of losing to the same overgeared players and having the same low geared/dumb players on their teams and Horde are so sick of waiting hours just to get into a few BGs a day which usually result in a stomp which will either be super boring because there's no challenge, or because there LITERALLY is no challenge because all the Alliance left the BG...

If Alliance and Horde could have mixed BG teams, they would become substantially more balanced. I doubt anyone who logs on to queue BGs at least a few times a week can disagree with that.
In terms of what's "needed" for server activity, or what will boost the activity the most it would likely be cross-faction BGs rather than cross-faction raids, because then BG queue would go from the way it currently is (0 Alliance & 5+ Horde in queue most of the time) to BGs happening pretty much ALL the time... The only thing that would need to be fixed is the occurrence of multiple BGs happening at the same time, that could prove annoying.
:=) My Mini Enhancement Shaman PvE Guide

https://soundcloud.com/open_minded_97/fullat - a punk song I wrote and produced with a friend from music community college in 2019

Brennus

#117 » Post by Brennus » 15 Dec 2016 18:59

I don't really agree with PvP Cross-Faction. That defeats the purpose of having factions in the first place.

In my point of view, cross-faction should be enabled only for RDF. But, as some staff member stated before, it requires some custom hacks to be injected into the server. If that's the case, then cross-faction RHC is also okay.
I believe this will not have impact big enough for haters to leave the server, and it should keep the community active.

The optimal solution is, however, doing some stuff like .settings xfaction on (pretty much like the Transmog - and those who like the idea or just don't care will use it, and those who don't like it won't use it).

Keep in mind this is just my opinion, and it may be challenging to implement.
•     Currently No longer Once again retired (now it's for real)     •

hjason3
Donor

#118 » Post by hjason3 » 15 Dec 2016 22:59

I also do not agree with it. Its sad this server has lost population lately I think its a great server and I've played for years first with spermik and now with truewow I go through times where I dont play alot but thats life. I guess I do not completely understand what they are trying to do with this as well, if its just horde and alliance can do RDF together I guess that wouldnt be too bad maybe temporarily. But guilds and everything else I do not like I think there has to be lines drawn between the 2 thats been the point ever since Warcraft 1. Also maybe you could make it an option when searching for dungeon if like in my case if I want to play with alliance as well or not. But honestly I think all servers have their ups and downs I still believe this is a great server and also I am kinda glad its not like top 3 because that would make it a target for Blizzard to shut down. In the event they shutdown another top server there will be many more people searching for other servers to join so I dont believe that its all downhill from here I think theres plenty of reasons to feel optimisic and Ive been trying to do my part in voting more lately to get it up a little bit higher last month the ranking went up on every site.

Milio
Donor

#119 » Post by Milio » 16 Dec 2016 01:08

YES!!!!

exchanger1

#120 » Post by exchanger1 » 16 Dec 2016 01:20

Crown aka Poslednji