Main realm

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
andriuspel
Former Staff

Main realm

#1 » Post by andriuspel » 07 Dec 2016 09:58

Hello,
I would suggest to change realms order, for like truewow or primalwow realms as primary instead of test server because each time you reconnecting with truewow realmlist (I mean, no wtf default settings are made for choosen realm yet and similar), you're getting redirected to test realm which is always empty. Its easy to change realm by one click but it would confuse newcomers at start which as you know could be lazy to set something :D
A son asked his father (a programmer) why the sun rises in the east, and sets in the west. His response? It works, don’t touch!

Everyone says it's difficult to work with a person while they have a negative attitude or constantly exhibit uncooperative behavior.

Gnurg

Re: Main realm

#2 » Post by Gnurg » 07 Dec 2016 10:56

+1
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Fastor

#3 » Post by Fastor » 07 Dec 2016 13:20

Hold on a second, PTR should be shown Locked or Offline to people that just created account and did not clicked PTR button in account settings. Are you telling that realm is ON by default?

andriuspel
Former Staff

#4 » Post by andriuspel » 07 Dec 2016 15:23

not sure actually, my main account was transfered from bloodcraft long time ago but i created account for my brother like few months ago at this summer without unlocking public testing realm (PTR) and he still gets redirects to test server if i clear WTF folder.

I doubt actually that this option even works
Last edited by andriuspel on 07 Dec 2016 16:20, edited 1 time in total.
A son asked his father (a programmer) why the sun rises in the east, and sets in the west. His response? It works, don’t touch!

Everyone says it's difficult to work with a person while they have a negative attitude or constantly exhibit uncooperative behavior.

Roel
Founder

#5 » Post by Roel » 07 Dec 2016 15:36

From what I have seen, the client does the ordering and it does so alphabetically. So PrimalWoW would show on top for new players. However after creating a character, it orders by the number of characters you have per realm. This number is shown between brackets after the realm name and might not be completely accurate to what you actually have. I am assuming this means your number for the PTR is the highest, I might be wrong though.

andriuspel
Former Staff

#6 » Post by andriuspel » 07 Dec 2016 16:16

well, https://trinitycore.atlassian.net/wiki/ ... almlist-id by this information, they could set flag to recommended or similar, so it would push it to front.
Also by setting timezone to test server, it will move this realm to PTR TAB (Test server)