Why are people leaving the server?

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
Hansrutger
Former Staff

Re: Why are people leaving the server?

#16 » Post by Hansrutger » 05 Dec 2016 04:23

Well for Longi and Royo, I really don't see a reason why a player has to stick to one server, a lot of people play on multiple servers. I for one am not in denial but rather being realistic when I say that it's possible to play on more than just one server. Am I saying that everything is like it used to be before but that people have magically found 5 hours to spend on other servers while still being on TW all the time? Not entirely what I meant but sorry if you misunderstood me.
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

TrueWoW main: Palamaster

bracken819

#17 » Post by bracken819 » 05 Dec 2016 08:12

I feel this thread has covered the main points, about reaching the end-point of wotlk, is hard to retain players for many years once this point is reached.

However, new people such as yourself do come, and so to those I say, Fairy Tale (Horde Side) is starting on 10n ICC progression and gearing Raids, usually around 3am server time. Times are still being ironed out. We have new players who are experiencing ICC for the first time and so if you are approaching 80 and are Horde, you could consider joining this guild.

On a personal level, I am able to raid more than enough, even with small server population. Finding a guild/making good friends is best WoW experience to me. Hope you enjoy your time here on TW :)

x00er00

#18 » Post by x00er00 » 05 Dec 2016 11:24

It seems there are many rumors around the supposed fact that Inquisition permanently left truewow , or that we had transferred our avatars or other stuff of the same.

Since there is no clear information about this let me clear some doubts and help people understand :
Inquisition is a guild that was founded a long time ago on Bloodcraft and all along the years like a caterpillar it evolved into a beautiful butterfly , we are no longer just a guild <- since guilds have flaws of themselves with peoples loosing interest / having real life issues kicking in ( be it uni/work/family related ) thus we evolved into a Gaming Community .

Inquisition didn't leave Truewow so no point in being sad Vena we are here just one login away , we are waiting and we didn't lost faith in Truewow but rather we had to keep our peoples interested and invested somehow and thus we came up with the method described above.
To the ones saying we transfer our avatars and things like that let me clear something out no one plans to do such a thing ( ex. in my case i play what is now Aftermathzz since the fall of 2004 back when i first started her on Ravencrest -> then all trough Gaming Consortium and now on Truewow ) most peoples in guild are of the same mindset peoples like us will never transfer avatars or let some other use our avatars.

In closing i will let you all ponder on something to better describe all the above ... even as i quote myself:
"In the end we had concluded we must be creators and keepers both.We instead created our own solution , our own rebirth and death , and in so doing we will always protect our people.And so do not despair for we shall lay our souls on troubled waters ,and thus watch over for all time that which we have so carefully wrought,and which is now safeguarded and inviolate".
mAtH

mcheka

#19 » Post by mcheka » 05 Dec 2016 13:55

The reasons for people leaving the servers have been mostly covered, and the end of progression is indeed a big part. Many players have played here for a long time and they've done it all in WotLK, and have simply lost interest. One other reason is that TrueWoW simply depended too heavily on a handful of people to lead raids. When these people became busy with real life (as happened in Hellraisers, Divinity and Inquisition, at one point or another), the raiding suffered and as a result so did the population.

Since people have talked about Inquisition this, and Inquisition that in this thread, I'll clarify a few things on that front as a staff member of Inquisition, on behalf of the Inquisition officers/leaders.

Sadly, it's true. Officially, Inquisition has left TrueWoW.

The reasons were not primarily population, but rather the fact that our 25-man raid leaders almost all stopped leading raids for out-of-game reasons -- real life, reduced interest, etc -- within a 2-3 month period. We are simply not viable as a 25-man WotLK raiding guild anymore, so many of us have moved on together to another expansion (not like we'd play anything other than TrueWoW if we planned to continue WotLK...).

I can't stay that we won't get the itch to play WotLK again, and who knows -- when Primal hits WotLK, those of us still playing might be eager to dive back into our overall favourite expansion with new raid leaders, or the same leaders if they have more time again in the future.
Aurelian the Immortal
<Massive Forearms>
Danuvius of Inquisition

Floss

#20 » Post by Floss » 06 Dec 2016 23:07

ItchyVortex wrote:Personally I got bored of WoW, if I ever got motivation to come back I would love to play here again but with so much people I've met moving to a different server I might find the idea of following them more attractive, sadly.

I did exactly that - Moved with Divinity to one of the most populated servers and spent the last 2 months there.

Result - Started from zero , got geared and deleted the char without thinking twice cause i'm too attached to my main here.

Community still has something that keeps me tight and matters more than the gaming experience itself, i guess not everyone feels this way about it.
Bottom line - if i will end my journey in wow one day , i'd rather do that here.

Maybe that raises hope in a some people , maybe not.

Eronox
MVP

#21 » Post by Eronox » 06 Dec 2016 23:11

'Cuz of the people in it

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

thequinn1485

#22 » Post by thequinn1485 » 13 Dec 2016 19:47

You know I've only been here 2 years but the experience has been good. The only other time period where I was happy with WOW was TBC. And all the crap that came after it is garbage in my opinion. I prefer a server that doesn't allow instant 80's because I like the leveling process and I feel like others who may be new to the game may miss out. Plus on those instant 80 servers you are starting you're professions at zero. Which means get ready to spend you're first couple weeks farming, or even worse LOCKPICKING, as I am finding out on my newest toon.

I think a really good way to expand the playerbase starts with us, the players. Forget about the players leaving. Encourage friends and former wow friends to sign up. I mean this is pretty much a free game. My biggest gripe (and it is no fault of my own, or the servers) is timezone. When I get on at night in EST it's a ghost town. No way to get a dungeon going at low levels and generally a healer short on the RHC.

The proposed faction merge may help this. But really it's up to us to get the word out. We can use reddit and other forums to do so. Also it might not be a bad time to encourage the more vocal and visual people in the private server community to cme back for some type of community event. Someone like a Mrgamemasterreviews or doddgykebaab.

I would also like to extend myself to anyone looking for extras on raids. I'm generally available Mondays, Wednesdays and sunday nights EST. I take in game mail to may main Quinnius druid on the alliance side. But I also have an 80 hunter on horde, Quinntor and I am leveling a rogue whose 45.

skyx

#23 » Post by skyx » 13 Dec 2016 20:52

Floss wrote:
I did exactly that - Moved with Divinity to one of the most populated servers and spent the last 2 months there.

Result - Started from zero , got geared and deleted the char without thinking twice cause i'm too attached to my main here.
Interesting. The opposite is also true for players on other servers.

Maybe if TW does some 1:1 poaching from other servers it might change that.

skyx

#24 » Post by skyx » 13 Dec 2016 20:52

Floss wrote:

Interesting. The opposite is also true for players on other servers.

Maybe if TW does some 1:1 poaching from other servers it might change that.

Also maybe do something about the state of PvP here.

Eronox
MVP

#25 » Post by Eronox » 14 Dec 2016 17:27

So much complaining so little dedication

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

warangels

#26 » Post by warangels » 15 Dec 2016 13:46

Server is dying cause of retarded person like Longi, bad on the forum, too many kids on this place, face the truth

Overdosed

#27 » Post by Overdosed » 16 Dec 2016 19:05

Mostly because the GMs are harassing people in game. GMs on this server think they're god sent or something and people don't like that.

Nyeriah

#28 » Post by Nyeriah » 16 Dec 2016 19:29

GMs don't interact with players in-game in any way unless they're doing tickets or their interaction requires them to in order to assist players (guiding them, moderating channels and other things that are GM prerogatives).

However, I see you have no TrueWoW characters, so I'm not particularly sure where that complaint comes from. Regardless, you can also file to the admins complaints if you're feeling harassed by anyone.

Locking this thread now because it has already proved that it won't be contributing with anything in any way. Similar threads may share the same fate.