How to start to play on TrueWow

Fastor

Re: How to start to play on TrueWow

#16 » Post by Fastor » 03 Mar 2016 14:52

Here is how it should be when downloaded, please upload screen shot how its at your folder.

LadyScorpio

#17 » Post by LadyScorpio » 03 Mar 2016 15:36

ill try that, thank you!

Longi

#18 » Post by Longi » 04 Mar 2016 00:16

Wohoo, my topic is helpful :D
Edit : I did add " warning " about do not log to the game with email adress :)
If you have some ideas how to improve this topic ... Bring them ! D: dont be shy ;)

PS :
LadyScorpio is your game working now ? :D

Fastor

#19 » Post by Fastor » 20 Oct 2016 17:53

Why this not Sticky?

Nymunne
Former Staff

#20 » Post by Nymunne » 20 Oct 2016 17:59

Fastor wrote:Why this not Sticky?
Had the feeling there was a sticky on the topic. :?

Anyway, it has one now.

Nyeriah

#21 » Post by Nyeriah » 20 Oct 2016 18:01

Probably to do with the fact every thread in this section is sticky which rather trivializes the fact they are sticky in the first place

Fastor

#22 » Post by Fastor » 20 Oct 2016 18:03

And when you think more about this topic, this should be in that Announcements window with Montly vote and Rules.
Also in http://www.truewow.org/download A .torrent file with full pre-installed game. Simply download and run Wow.exe. No installation needed! More info
Replace More info with this topic.

Dreadnought101

#23 » Post by Dreadnought101 » 14 Nov 2016 08:22

I returned after a long hiatus and am having trouble logging in, I may have accidently updated my wotlk client because I entered my email in and it started auto updating, is 12340 (3.3.5) version the correct one? If so I may need more help =/
Degaris
-
A wise man once introduced me to this game "It shall protect your virginity my lad." He said...

Fastor

#24 » Post by Fastor » 14 Nov 2016 10:12

12340 is correct.

Chaiwallah

#25 » Post by Chaiwallah » 23 Nov 2016 12:59

I was playing the game yesterday after downloading it, but today I can't login. At first I would get stuck at "authenticating", but now after deleting it and redownloading it twice (the second time on another harddrive), the game times out at "connecting". Am I the only one having this problem? Does anyone know a solution?

Eronox
MVP

#26 » Post by Eronox » 23 Nov 2016 23:10

Chaiwallah wrote:I was playing the game yesterday after downloading it, but today I can't login. At first I would get stuck at "authenticating", but now after deleting it and redownloading it twice (the second time on another harddrive), the game times out at "connecting". Am I the only one having this problem? Does anyone know a solution?

Check your sexy realmlist, to be properly set as

Code: Select all

set realmlist login.truewow.org
Also check in your config.cfg file in the same directory as WoW.exe, to ensure the realmlist within it actually is changed. For some 3.3.5 downloads this messes up, why is unclear but I've helped several people with the same issue as you and this was the way of redemption! Another possible fix is to set the realmlist to its IP instead.

set realmlist 170.33.234.49 
If you shall have any issues finding my referenced directories, shoot me a PM and we will clear it out properly ;)

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Nymunne
Former Staff

#27 » Post by Nymunne » 23 Nov 2016 23:25

Eronox wrote:
Chaiwallah wrote:I was playing the game yesterday after downloading it, but today I can't login. At first I would get stuck at "authenticating", but now after deleting it and redownloading it twice (the second time on another harddrive), the game times out at "connecting". Am I the only one having this problem? Does anyone know a solution?

Also check in your config.cfg file in the same directory as WoW.exe, to ensure the realmlist within it actually is changed. For some 3.3.5 downloads this messes up, why is unclear but I've helped several people with the same issue as you and this was the way of redemption! Another possible fix is to set the realmlist to its IP instead.

If you shall have any issues finding my referenced directories, shoot me a PM and we will clear it out properly ;)
He posted here as well and the topic is on-going there: http://truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=36553.

Chaiwallah

#28 » Post by Chaiwallah » 24 Nov 2016 01:33

Eronox wrote:

Thanks, Eronox. I changed my password, changed the realmlist by copying and pasting the lines from your post. Currently, the IP address is entered. I can't find a config file except for config.wtf in the WTF folder. I can't open it. Should I overwrite that with the realmlist line?
I still get the same results, timing out at Connecting and a msg to contact Blizzard support.
Thanks a lot for responding to my posts. I really do appreciate it.

Chaiwallah

#29 » Post by Chaiwallah » 24 Nov 2016 01:54

Nymunne wrote:
Eronox wrote:

He posted here as well and the topic is on-going there: http://truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=36553.
Thank you again. I replied to him. Also, I use Vuze Bittorrent if that matters.

Chaiwallah

#30 » Post by Chaiwallah » 24 Nov 2016 02:38

I checked for malware (Malwarebytes), flushed the DNS cache with a command line, rebooted the router, rebooted the computer, deleted the Cache, Data and WTF folders and tried to login. Same result as before.