[Rejected] Transmog - Remove the stat requirement

Gnurg

[Rejected] Transmog - Remove the stat requirement

#1 » Post by Gnurg » 28 Oct 2016 14:31

There exists a IgnoreReqStats variable for the transmog system, which would let items without stats to be transmog. It just has to be enabled.

This would remove the requirement to manually add item exceptions for the items without stats. Less work for the staff.

Item quality (epic, rare, normal etc) is handled by a different variable, meaning that this change won't allow transmog of poor/normal items.

I don't know why there is a restriction for this, but if you know why, please let us know. It might be central in the decission.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Doctor_J
Developer

Re: Transmog - Remove the stat requirement

#2 » Post by Doctor_J » 28 Oct 2016 14:47

Well the transmogrification rule about only items with stats been able to used for transmog must hae stats is from Blizzard and that is also used by Blizard but could this be due to the fact that on retail only uncommon, rare, epic and heirloom items can be used for transmog and also fishing poles and certain other items ie a weapon that looks like a fish, etc

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Transmogrification

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#3 » Post by Hansrutger » 28 Oct 2016 14:57

Staff is far away from Blizzard. No need to follow them in this point either.

+1
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

TrueWoW main: Palamaster

Gnurg

#4 » Post by Gnurg » 28 Oct 2016 15:23

Doctor_J wrote:Well the transmogrification rule about only items with stats been able to used for transmog must hae stats is from Blizzard and that is also used by Blizard but could this be due to the fact that on retail only uncommon, rare, epic and heirloom items can be used for transmog and also fishing poles and certain other items ie a weapon that looks like a fish, etc

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Transmogrification
All those cases are taken care of by other checks: https://github.com/Rochet2/TrinityCore/ ... n.cpp#L404

Code: Select all

if (!AllowFishingPoles && proto->Class == ITEM_CLASS_WEAPON && proto->SubClass == ITEM_SUBCLASS_WEAPON_FISHING_POLE)
return false;

Code: Select all

if (!IsAllowedQuality(proto->Quality)) // (proto->Quality == ITEM_QUALITY_LEGENDARY)
return false;
The question is if there is any specific reason for the restriction besides these. I can't really see any reason myself.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Doctor_J
Developer

#5 » Post by Doctor_J » 28 Oct 2016 17:00

Ye was only pointing out that restriction is blizzlike but no idea why restriction exists

Nyeriah

#6 » Post by Nyeriah » 28 Oct 2016 19:38

Doctor_J wrote: ie a weapon that looks like a fish
This ^

And other cosmetic items that normally wouldn't be able to transmog (furmigator mask, lovely rose... et cetera)

Gnurg

#7 » Post by Gnurg » 28 Oct 2016 20:33

Nyeriah wrote:
Doctor_J wrote: ie a weapon that looks like a fish
This ^

And other cosmetic items that normally wouldn't be able to transmog (furmigator mask, lovely rose... et cetera)
There exists a NotAllowed and Allowed list. I suppose you add exceptions to the AllowedList to make them pass through.

This fish has stats, so it should pass through unless in the NotAllowed list. It should not according to wowhead.

From browsing through the holiday events:
  • Brewfest Steins have the misc sub-category, gets caught by other check.
  • Forever Lovely Rose is misc sub-category, gets caught by other check.
  • Santa outfit (5) will go through.
  • Hallowed Helm goes through.
  • Vile Fumigator's Mask goes through.
Question is if it's better to add these 7 holiday items to the NotAllowed list and let items without stats go through. At least considering it doesn't seem to catch all items like the fish linked above.

There are other cases besides the holiday items like this one, which can't be transmogged, but on the other hand they (Blizzard) let the same item-model pass through with this item... They're not very consistent with the regulations here. =P
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

mcheka

#8 » Post by mcheka » 28 Oct 2016 23:06

+1

We have transmog in 3.3.5, why is anyone even arguing for Blizzlikeness... Let's have our own system, not some version from an arbitrarily-chosen future Blizzard ruleset that didn't exist in wotlk anyway. This will save the staff work too.
Aurelian the Immortal
<Massive Forearms>
Danuvius of Inquisition

Longi

#9 » Post by Longi » 28 Oct 2016 23:25

I had to farm few sets few months instead of buying them-same looking (without stats/ allowed type and so on, look at rules) from vendor :-D when TW team gave us transmog, we accepted some rules about it. So shooo :-D dont be greedy! :-D

Gnurg

#10 » Post by Gnurg » 29 Oct 2016 00:32

Longi wrote:-1
I had to farm few sets few months instead of buying them-same looking (without stats/ allowed type and so on, look at rules) from vendor :-D when TW team gave us transmog, we accepted some rules about it. So shooo :-D dont be greedy! :-D
?
What uncommon+ items can you buy that doesn't have stats?
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

kermo14k

#11 » Post by kermo14k » 29 Oct 2016 01:25

*cough* Can we add Vile Fumigator's Mask to the transmog list and make it cross armor class xmogable? I want to look cheeki breeki ! :D
Wtfnoheals Prot PvE/Retri PvE
Izu - Marksmanship PvE/PvP
Windcaller - Resto PvE/ Ele PvP
Retired from TW.Went off to find cheeki breeki in different places. Didn't find it here!

Gnurg

#12 » Post by Gnurg » 29 Oct 2016 01:28

kermo14k wrote:*cough* Can we add Vile Fumigator's Mask to the transmog list and make it cross armor class xmogable? I want to look cheeki breeki ! :D
That's for another suggestion.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Longi

#13 » Post by Longi » 29 Oct 2016 10:59

Gnurg wrote:
Longi wrote:-1
?
What uncommon+ items can you buy that doesn't have stats?
Any item can be "uncommon", depends from which side you are looking on it :-D but well, to be honest I didnt read whole your post, so I missed that part about normal and poor items which are mostly in group of same model items with different stats / name and so on. (For example Green-blue items, weapons from vannila / tbc have in wotlk copy in normal quality and specific vendor is selling it) so you can farm them or buy from vendor and at end you have same look.

But anyway... there is how many 2-3 new no stats items per month ? Even less :-) its not that Hard do it manually. I think we dont need automatic system for it

Gnurg

#14 » Post by Gnurg » 13 Dec 2016 17:58

Errorista wrote:Summoning the thread repear
No longer needed as it recognises most items nowadays.

Can be moved to rejected.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE