Issue with ICC Buff Being Disabled by Random Players

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
Regent
Tester

Issue with ICC Buff Being Disabled by Random Players

#1 » Post by Regent » 24 Sep 2016 13:30

Having been a solo free-lancer type of player lately for personal reasons, my experience with random PuG raids that I decide to help out with has been less than stellar.

Minor background into this drama and the cause of me making this topic:
Spoiler:
I was Main Tanking in a pug ICC 10 normal when a random holy priest (that claimed he was rolling for holy spec) (This Guy) decided to disable the ICC buff when he lost the 10-normal spellcaster neck from Saurfang to a holy paladin (This Guy) (who was also rolling for holy spec). I offered to help out as a tank after I saw the raid leader struggling to find people on the LFG channel. The priest died on Marrowgar by standing next to me while the paladin pretty much did the lion's share of the work to keep the raid alive the entire time for the next 4 bosses + trash clearing. And no, I'm not friends or enemies with either of them. Just an unbiased outsider's perspective who's been to ICC enough times to know what's going on.

I'm personally tired of having my time wasted by random idiots that get butthurt during PuG raids about losing loot or about any other in-game drama and then resort to disabling the buff before leaving the raid / logging off (and basically fuck the raid for the other 9 or 24 people, depending on the raid).

It's hard enough to put a raid together or wait for someone else to pug a raid together with TW's population shrinking day by day thanks to players and guilds either ditching the server or people who just stop playing altogether.

The last thing a pug raid needs these days on TW is to be forced to wait 30-60 min after disbanding the group and then re-entering ICC to check if the buff returned.
Apparently, it's supposed to come back after 30-60 minutes following a disbanding and remaking of the raid group.
We checked about 45 minutes after the incident (remade the group and everything, though lost 3 people in the process who had to leave or go off) and the buff didn't return at all.

Time is precious. The few remaining people on this server don't always have an ample amount of time to spend waiting for the ICC buff to come back; time which they had allocated to actually making progress in gearing up and learning tactics so they can move up to the harder bosses - and later on - harder difficulties in ICC.

Message to counter-arguments:
Spoiler:
Oh if anyone's response to this is: "Well don't join PuG raids then, your frustration is your own fault." then don't even bother posting because that reply has absolutely no credibility. On a normal population server where it's easy to find replacements, that counter argument could be considered valid. But considering that the population here is literally less than 100 during non-peak hours (especially US raiding times), then it doesn't even apply. And don't bother telling me "just join INQ or HR" because people shouldn't be forced to join 1 of the only 2 active guilds just to avoid bullshit like this during their own PuG run / PuG + Guild mixed run.
Ergo, I'm suggesting the following:
Please make it so that only raid leaders can disable the ICC buff
OR (if and only if the first option is not doable in the code)
Please remove the ability to disable the ICC buff completely.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Best Regards,
Regent
Rest in Peace,
Sarah Melody Jones.
May 20, 1989 - May 12, 2018.
Beloved Girlfriend & Mother-To-Be.
When I close my eyes, I see you.
When I open my eyes, I miss you.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Regent- - - - - - - - -Regentt- - - - - - - - -Regennt- - - - - - - - -Regency

arnis5
Banned

Re: Issue with ICC Buff Being Disabled by Random Players

#2 » Post by arnis5 » 24 Sep 2016 13:48

Disabling ICC buff ability is kinda of stupid, idk why do we even have this ability when noone uses it and I mean this expansion was released 7 years ago so there is nothing to prove anymore lol. If you wana do something hard then go to Ruby Sanctum. I vote for removing this totaly.
Arnis - Marksmanship Hunter PVE/PVP
Predatoor - Death Knight Hybrid Tank/Blood Dps PVE
Restoration - Shaman Resto/Ele PVE
Arniscat - Druid Feral Tank/Restoration PVE
Arnisrocks - Paladin Protection/Retribution PVE
Arnislock - Warlock Demonology PVE
Stanimalo - Rogue Combat PVE
Mazdean - Priest Shadow/Holy PVE
Pecaros - Warrior Protection/Fury PVE
Arniskhanna - Mage Arcane PVE
The Demonic Lord!
If you're going through hell, keep going.

milanlord

#3 » Post by milanlord » 24 Sep 2016 14:35

I agree with Arnis, that option is useless. Also I feel bad for Regent, cause you had to go through all of that with all other raid members. That was really dishonorable move to do,from that guy.
Retired - Sadly I can't agree with cf bg's being a good choice for the server. The only thing we got with this feature is less bg's nowadays and less people online and I can't participate in this big mistake.

Eronox
MVP

#4 » Post by Eronox » 24 Sep 2016 14:46

+1 Arnis

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Nymunne
Former Staff

#5 » Post by Nymunne » 24 Sep 2016 14:59

This was implemented because it is actually blizzlike and in case none of you remembers there have been lots of topics asking for ICC buff to be removed then other players saying it shouldn't be removed then players actually wanting the NPC to work and have it the blizzlike way.

I think there already was a talk/suggestion of this being available only to the RL somewhere in the forums and the reply was already given but at the moment I got no time to look for it. Will try to find it later...

Dymond
Senior Game Master

#6 » Post by Dymond » 24 Sep 2016 16:01

If I remember it is not possible to make it only available to the RL.
"Grief is the price we pay for love."

Liqueur
Honorary Member

#7 » Post by Liqueur » 24 Sep 2016 16:08

I like Regent's suggestion. The feature could be made available to raid leaders and possibly assists only, or if that's not possible, it could be removed completely without any negative consequences. I doubt anyone deliberately removes the buff to try and attempt the raid like that. The only times I've ever seen it being removed was either by "accident" or out of retaliation like in the case Regent described. +1.
Liqueur ~ level 80 Blood Elf Paladin (PvE Ret/PvP Holy)
Caffeine ~ level 80 Undead Warrior (Fury/Prot)
Narcotic ~ level 80 Undead Priest (Disc/Shadow)
Megalomaniac ~ level 80 Orc Death Knight (UH DPS/Frost-Blood hybrid tank)
Lemuria ~ level 80 Troll Hunter (MM/BM)
Daisy ~ level 80 Tauren Druid (Balance/Resto)
Eszti ~ level 80 Human Warlock (Destro/Affli)
Gummybear ~ level 80 Blood Elf Paladin (Holy/Prot)
Lazy ~ level 80 Troll Rogue (Combat)
Foamy ~ level 80 Troll Priest (Holy/Shadow)
Bloodcow ~ level 80 Tauren Death Knight (Blood Tank/Blood DPS)
Neuroticfish ~ level 80 Night Elf Druid (Feral Cat/Bear)
Soilbleed ~ level 80 Orc Shaman (Enha/Resto)
Anemia ~ level 80 Blood Elf Mage (Fire/FFB)
Rottenmaiden ~ level 60 Undead Warlock

mcheka

#8 » Post by mcheka » 24 Sep 2016 16:37

+1 to it being available only to the raid leader if it can be implemented.

We will also look into having a word with the offending player as he is an Inquisition member but it's not the first time he acts like a tool in PUGs.
Aurelian the Immortal
<Massive Forearms>
Danuvius of Inquisition

Nyeriah

#9 » Post by Nyeriah » 24 Sep 2016 18:49

You can also just open a ticket and we should be able to enable it for you again.

Eronox
MVP

#10 » Post by Eronox » 24 Sep 2016 19:52

Nyeriah wrote:You can also just open a ticket and we should be able to enable it for you again.
Not meaning to sound rude, as I know how it is to be a part of a staff team, but people will always live up a point where no one is active at that very point and therefor will start to blame the staff instead of the troll who disabled the buff :?

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.

- J.R Cash

adiba

#11 » Post by adiba » 24 Sep 2016 20:33

+1 for leaders to be the only one who can do that
Idiots go all "ooooh what does this button do" and its pathetic

Gnurg

#12 » Post by Gnurg » 25 Sep 2016 00:05

Nyeriah wrote:You can also just open a ticket and we should be able to enable it for you again.
You do that by respawning the NPC? If so, could you make the NPC respawn by choosing a gossip option (or just have him reenable the buff in whatever way you solve it)?

Making it possible for user to solve this by themselves would be a lot more convient for them and the staff.

Or just disable the gossip option. Not even the almighty Inquistion uses it (except for when they are trolling raids).
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Jiranthos
Admin

#13 » Post by Jiranthos » 25 Sep 2016 00:08

Gnurg wrote:
You do that by respawning the NPC?
No. We actually update the instance data. There's a "switch". A variable "on/off" that we can turn on with a command. Nothing to do with NPCs.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

Gnurg

#14 » Post by Gnurg » 25 Sep 2016 00:27

Jiranthos wrote:
Gnurg wrote:
You do that by respawning the NPC?
No. We actually update the instance data. There's a "switch". A variable "on/off" that we can turn on with a command. Nothing to do with NPCs.
Can the npc hit the switch through gossip?
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Eronox
MVP

#15 » Post by Eronox » 25 Sep 2016 00:31

Gnurg wrote:
Jiranthos wrote:
Gnurg wrote: You do that by respawning the NPC?
Can the npc hit the switch through gossip?
There can be a feature created for that, a NPC gossip handler, indeed.

- J.R Cash