Rework: The Twin Emperors

Nyeriah

Rework: The Twin Emperors

#1 » Post by Nyeriah » 10 Sep 2016 05:06

REWORK:
THE TWIN EMPERORS

[hr=10][/hr]
BRIEFING
The Twin Emperors pose as the last encounter before players are allowed to face the Old God C'thun in the Temple of Anh'Qiraj.

Delighting in the pain they inflict upon others, these two inseparable brothers are capable of commanding a swarm of mutating bugs to pester their foes or explode them hazardously.

This rework takes place to line up the final release of the Temple of Anh'Qiraj raid at our PrimalWoW realm.
Instance: Temple of Anh'Qiraj (40-Raid).
Expansion: Classic.
Encounter: The Twin Emperors.
Mechanics
  • - Bosses have a shared health pool.
    - Bosses are immune to taunt effects.
    - Vek'nilash is immune to all spell damage (except holy).
    - Vek'lor is immune to all physical damage.
    - After using [Twin Teleport] bosses reset threat and seek out the nearest player.
    - Bosses heal each other rapidly if brought within 60yards of each other by casting [Heal Brother].
Abilities
  • Vek'lor
    • [table][tr][th]Ability[/th][th]Description[/th][th]Timer[/th][th]Target[/th][th]Status[/th][/tr]
      [tr][td]Shadowbolt[/td][td]Deals moderate shadow damage.[/td][td]---[/td][td]Current Target[/td][td]Working[/td][/tr]
      [tr][td]Blizzard[/td][td]Deals area damage and slows.[/td][td]10-15 Seconds[/td][td]Random Target[/td][td]Working[/td][/tr]
      [tr][td]Arcane Burst[/td][td]Deals damage and knocks back nearest targets.[/td][td]---[/td][td]AoE / Nearest Target[/td][td]Working[/td][/tr]
      [tr][td]Explode Bug[/td][td]Infuses a bug with energy, causing it to explode after some time.[/td][td]5-10 Seconds[/td][td]Closest Ahn'Qiraj Scarab or Scorpids[/td][td]Working[/td][/tr][/table]
    Vek'nilash
    • [table][tr][th]Ability[/th][th]Description[/th][th]Timer[/th][th]Target[/th][th]Status[/th][/tr]
      [tr][td]Uppercut[/td][td]Damages and knocks back a random player within melee range.[/td][td]10-15 Seconds[/td][td]Random Melee Target[/td][td]Working[/td][/tr]
      [tr][td]Unbalancing Strike[/td][td]Damages and reduces the main target's defense skill.[/td][td]10-30 Seconds[/td][td]Current Target[/td][td]Working[/td][/tr]
      [tr][td]Mutate Bug[/td][td]Mutates a random bug, turning it hostile, increasing it's health, damage and granting it combat abilities.[/td][td]10-30 Seconds[/td][td]Closest Ahn'Qiraj Scarab or Scorpids[/td][td]Working[/td][/tr][/table]
    Anh'Qiraj Scarab & Scorpion
      [tr][td]Pierce Armor[/td][td]Next-swing ability that reduces armor.[/td][td]---[/td][td]Current Target[/td][td]Working[/td][/tr]
      [tr][td]Virulent Poison[/td][td]Each melee attack has a chance to infect the target with poison.[/td][td]Chance on hit[/td][td]Current Target[/td][td]Working[/td][/tr][/table]
Bugs Fixed
  • - Introduction roleplay event scripted.
    - [Twin Teleport] should no longer malfunction and cause either boss to not teleport.
    - Bugs can now trigger [Virulent Poison] on melee attacks.
    - Vek'nilash is no longer immune to holy damage.
    - Both bosses are now immune to taunt effects.
    - Threat added after reset reduced substantially.
    - I've added Twin Emperors' and Skeram's doors.
    - I've corrected Twin's spell timers with retail research.
    - Qiraj Scarabs and Qiraj Scorpions scripted (they'll now cast their abilities).
    - Scarabs and Scorpions won't give experience or reputation anymore.
    - Added C'thun whisper to intro event.
    - Fixed the loot issues following Kurthos' schema at the bug tracker (each boss will drop 1 piece of offset, 1 tier and chance to drop 1 armament/regalia/enchanting recipe)
    - Linked Anubisath Defenders (and scripted them) to boss
    - Added on defeat lines
    - Improved the pathing of the Qiraj Scarabs/Scorpions
Known Issues
    Retail Video (DEVELOPMENT PURPOSE ONLY)
    • [youtube]dGc0KP9-nog[/youtube]
    Showcase Video
    • [youtube]drIsWEJkkHs[/youtube]
    Help testing and reporting issues!

Eronox
    MVP

Re: Rework: The Twin Emperors

#2 » Post by Eronox » 10 Sep 2016 12:24

Wish I had the capability of yours :D
    Nice work!

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
    But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
    You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Nyeriah

#3 » Post by Nyeriah » 13 Sep 2016 06:25

Changes:
    • - I've added Twin Emperors' and Skeram's doors.
      - I've corrected Twin's spell timers with retail research.
      - Qiraj Scarabs and Qiraj Scorpions scripted (they'll now cast their abilities).
      - Scarabs and Scorpions won't give experience or reputation anymore.
      - Added C'thun whisper to intro event.

oooooooooolde
    Donor

#4 » Post by oooooooooolde » 13 Sep 2016 08:12

Now we just need release date ;)

kronic

#5 » Post by kronic » 13 Sep 2016 15:20

Amazing work, very impressive. I was worried the last few niggles wouldnt be fixed on release. Very nice layout as well with the spell breakdown. Big round of applause please.

Can we get the same on Ouro and C'Thun? I actually haven't tried those encounters on PTR yet since 6 months ago when Ouro was stuck underground.

Nyeriah

#6 » Post by Nyeriah » 15 Sep 2016 08:12

All things in their due time :P

I've most likely done the final line up of them prior release. On this update I have:
    • - Fixed the loot issues following Kurthos' schema at the bug tracker (each boss will drop 1 piece of offset, 1 tier and chance to drop 1 armament/regalia/enchanting recipe)
      - Linked Anubisath Defenders (and scripted them) to boss
      - Added on defeat lines
      - Improved the pathing of the Qiraj Scarabs/Scorpions
    And that's all from the check list I had. If you find any further issues please report them. I'll keep this thread open for discussion for a week as I did with my previous rewrite and then lock it afterwards. After locked, please report issues exclusively at the bug tracker.

Regards.

Glonz

#7 » Post by Glonz » 16 Sep 2016 05:06

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVuPmDuGXpI

After Teleporting, Twin Emperors should stand still and not attack for 2-3 seconds, THEN choose the closest target for threat addition and then resume attacking/casting.

Nyeriah

#8 » Post by Nyeriah » 16 Sep 2016 07:13

Well, I'm rather sad that there are still issues :/ I'll try to solve them as soon as I can.

Vaen

#9 » Post by Vaen » 16 Sep 2016 07:19

No need to feel down Nyeriah, the improvements you did to the encounter are massive already and I think most of us appreciate the hard work. At the moment I think the encounter's pretty close to what it should be. Was fun trying it out.
    Vaen - Human Warrior
    Verwandlung - Human Lock
    Parallel - Human Priest

Follow me on Twitch

Glonz

#10 » Post by Glonz » 16 Sep 2016 20:23

Indeed, we're grateful for fixing this, thanks.

Speaking of fixes, Twin Emperors don't combat pulse after pulling them as well.

Probably also change the droprate for Regalia/Armaments to 5-10% each and the enchanting pattern to 40%, since that seems more reasonable (from what I'm gathering atm)

Nyeriah

#11 » Post by Nyeriah » 17 Sep 2016 11:27

Glonz wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVuPmDuGXpI

After Teleporting, Twin Emperors should stand still and not attack for 2-3 seconds, THEN choose the closest target for threat addition and then resume attacking/casting.
    I've increased it, can you please check it out? I'll deal with the loot later.

Also, I really need some hard testing of the teleport to be sure it's not malfunctioning anymore. I've done some heavy rewriting of the script so it needs to be checked out asap. As soon as I get feedback from it I can apply the changes to live.

This is my testing of the teleport after the latest changes:

[youtube]tHUHCkTv5iw[/youtube]

Glonz

#12 » Post by Glonz » 18 Sep 2016 07:35

You forgot to add the part where they don't do anything for 2-3 seconds x)

Currently, after teleport, they just move to whatever target they feel like and only add 1300 threat after 2-3 secs to the closest player.

Check the video I linked (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVuPmDuGXpI) and look at their behaviour (standing still and not attacking after teleport)

Rest seems fine to me, have to check LoS stuff still

Glonz

#13 » Post by Glonz » 23 Sep 2016 02:50

Were the recent PTR fixes applied to live servers?

Nyeriah

#14 » Post by Nyeriah » 23 Sep 2016 03:10

Glonz wrote:Were the recent PTR fixes applied to live servers?
    Yes

Nyeriah

#15 » Post by Nyeriah » 28 Sep 2016 09:04

Well, I'll consider this done and move on to something else. If there's still anything to be noted, reply until tomorrow.