Add another weekly Arena Flush.

Bloodshade

Add another weekly Arena Flush.

#1 » Post by Bloodshade » 16 Aug 2016 18:48

This has been discussed a bit here and there but I don't really think it was actually considered. Adding another flush every week would make new players be able to catch up to old ones who have full wrathful gear on all of their toons, because they have been playing for years in this server. I've seen some new faces trying to start arenas lately with pretty low furious or relentless gear and I think this would motivate them and hopefully many others to play more arenas, because they will actually have a chance vs geared people much faster. When I started playing here, after switching many servers I also had this problem, I felt powerless versus the countless full geared people playing arenas and it took me months to get decent PVP gear. This would probably not be a problem if there were more people playing on the server, as they would have more enemies with similar gear, but in the current situation I think this change could help.

I'd love to hear what other people think about this.
- - -Wrathful chiken - - - - - Salty chiken - - -
ImageImageImageImage

Regent
Tester

Re: Add another weekly Arena Flush.

#2 » Post by Regent » 16 Aug 2016 19:00

+1
Since the current flush is set for mid-week, a new one should be added for the end of the weekend to better accommodate weekend arena players.
This should, theoretically, increase activity as well since players would be able to benefit from 2 flushes by playing at least 20 matches per week, up from the usual 10.
Theories aside, the practical situation is always different (of course), but at least this would be a step in the right direction to ease the gear gap between under-geared players and endgame-geared players.
Rest in Peace,
Sarah Melody Jones.
May 20, 1989 - May 12, 2018.
Beloved Girlfriend & Mother-To-Be.
When I close my eyes, I see you.
When I open my eyes, I miss you.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Regent- - - - - - - - -Regentt- - - - - - - - -Regennt- - - - - - - - -Regency

Relina

#3 » Post by Relina » 16 Aug 2016 19:13

+1.
Regent wrote:This should, theoretically, increase activity as well since players would be able to benefit from 2 flushes by playing at least 20 matches per week, up from the usual 10.
Hopefully what Regent said might come true.
Truewow: Retired for now.
Peace - Lvl: 80 Paladin

Primalwow: Retired for now.
Relina - Lvl: 70 Paladin

I'm willing to become a stone bridge.
Just...
to catch a glimpse of you passing by.

Bloodshade

#4 » Post by Bloodshade » 16 Aug 2016 19:57

Regent wrote:+1
Since the current flush is set for mid-week, a new one should be added for the end of the weekend to better accommodate weekend arena players.
I think that if it's accepted, the best case scenario would be Monday(for the people who play on weekends as you said) and Friday(for everyone that plays during the weekdays)
ImageImageImageImage

Fastor

#5 » Post by Fastor » 16 Aug 2016 20:39

Long ago Arena and Raid locks were reset at different time wednesday and sunday. Now that they are merged into wednesday, l dont think monday would be great for second lock because its only two days between resets. If you want monday then set other reset elsewhere like tuesday.

kermo14k

#6 » Post by kermo14k » 16 Aug 2016 22:11

+1 from me, would be nice to catch up with the better geared ones. Hopefully will bring more new faces to the arena aswell.
Wtfnoheals Prot PvE/Retri PvE
Izu - Marksmanship PvE/PvP
Windcaller - Resto PvE/ Ele PvP
Retired from TW.Went off to find cheeki breeki in different places. Didn't find it here!

Tululu

#7 » Post by Tululu » 16 Aug 2016 22:13

Bloodshade wrote:Adding another flush every week would make new players be able to catch up to old ones who have full wrathful gear on all of their toons, because they have been playing for years in this server.
+1
Cuz im bored... U know...

taunka1

#8 » Post by taunka1 » 16 Aug 2016 22:52

+1 that will help pple getting arena points

Gnurg

#9 » Post by Gnurg » 17 Aug 2016 00:51

I would only favour this if there was made an arena point cap for every flush, like 400 or so.

How 2s arena point is awarded: 256 + (your rating - 1500, if you are above 1500 rating. So if you're 1200 rated, you get 256 and if you're 2000 rated, you get 756.

If you allowed full arena points as before with 2 flushes, the high rated teams would flood in arena points, which would be very beneficial for these teams.

The intention of the suggestion is to grant less geared players some extra arena points. They are likely at low rating, considering they want to upgrade from furious to relentless, so for them a 400 cap wouldn't do any harm. It would just ensure that the highest ranked teams won't gain too much from this suggestion.

Another alternative would be moving the bonus start to 1750, and one arena point for every 2nd rating above 1750. So a 2k team would get 381 points each flush, putting them at the about the same weekly points (762 vs. 756) as before, while the ones below would gain twice as much weekly (512 vs. 256).
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Tenebro
Honorary Member

#10 » Post by Tenebro » 17 Aug 2016 01:22

This idea is bullshit, most of lowbies that play arenas here want to get their weekly ap to buy rele they ain't gonna bother reaching 1950 rating or more to get WF pieces because they lack both gear and experience to fight against top teams which are mostly bis geared with 277/284 ilvl items and SM 4/5 WF. Giving them double points per week will just make them get rele gear twice faster than they should and in the end they won't play anymore cuz no point, maybe some of them will bother reaching 1.6k for wf chest but after that they will have to face only geared and experienced teams. I'm playing arenas here every week on few chars and I see what kind of ppl are queueing all the time, 90% of the new ppl that reach 80 and are interested in pvp dont even bother with getting more than 1.4/5/6k rating. This idea will help gear up faster just those ppl that reach high rating and they can buy full sets + weps cuz that will require alot of arena points, I bet that's why you made this suggestion actualy cuz you're at 2.2k rating with only 1 wf piece and you have to wait like 2 months to get enough arena points to buy your set, self profit only.

Bloodshade

#11 » Post by Bloodshade » 17 Aug 2016 01:23

Gnurg wrote:I would only favour this if there was made an arena point cap for every flush, like 400 or so.

How 2s arena point is awarded: 256 + (your rating - 1500, if you are above 1500 rating. So if you're 1200 rated, you get 256 and if you're 2000 rated, you get 756.
Close enough, but not really, there is a complex formula, if rate is above 1500 then 1511.26/(1+1639.28*2.71828^(0.00412*[Rating])), 2v2 teams get 76%, 3v3 88%, 5v5 100%. Below 1500 its 261 for 2v2.
Gnurg wrote: If you allowed full arena points as before with 2 flushes, the high rated teams would flood in arena points, which would be very beneficial for these teams.
Firstly, there are a hundred people on the server with 10 gold capped heroes in their possesion, gold is hardly a factor anymore.
Secondly 1511 is the absolute maximum points you can get by arenas in wotlk. At 2500 in 5v5 you would get 1432. Which means that people in retail were actually getting this much points every week. The restriction seems pointless.
Gnurg wrote: The intention of the suggestion is to grant less geared players some extra arena points. They are likely at low rating, considering they want to upgrade from furious to relentless, so for them a 400 cap wouldn't do any harm. It would just ensure that the highest ranked teams won't gain too much from this suggestion.
It is kinda not that motivating to do another 10 arenas for a mere 139 points more, I really don't see the point of this cap.
Gnurg wrote: Another alternative would be moving the bonus start to 1750, and one arena point for every 2nd rating above 1750. So a 2k team would get 381 points each flush, putting them at the about the same weekly points (762 vs. 756) as before, while the ones below would gain twice as much weekly (512 vs. 256).
I don't think changing the arena formula is possible or even if it is, it would be probably extremely hard to do so. But I guess making some limitation to points farming is possible.
Last edited by Bloodshade on 17 Aug 2016 01:39, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage

Bloodshade

#12 » Post by Bloodshade » 17 Aug 2016 01:34

Tenebro wrote:This idea is bullshit, most of lowbies that play arenas here want to get their weekly ap to buy rele they ain't gonna bother reaching 1950 rating or more to get WF pieces because they lack both gear and experience to fight against top teams which are mostly bis geared with 277/284 ilvl items and SM 4/5 WF. Giving them double points per week will just make them get rele gear twice faster than they should and in the end they won't play anymore cuz no point, maybe some of them will bother reaching 1.6k for wf chest but after that they will have to face only geared and experienced teams. I'm playing arenas here every week on few chars and I see what kind of ppl are queueing all the time, 90% of the new ppl that reach 80 and are interested in pvp dont even bother with getting more than 1.4/5/6k rating.
I am sorry to tell you, but I have seen decent people playing with low gear and it was actually kind of sad for me to play vs them because I was seeing that they are playing good but they just can't do anything about the gear difference.

There are indeed people who can't play PVP, like you, those people aren't forced to play arenas. They also aren't a majority between the lines of arena players. I hardly see people who don't play for rating, unless they are completely starter gear and can't even try that is.

Even if some indeed play only to get relentless gear, isn't it better to have them use relentless gear in Battlegrounds, instead of furious or even worse full pve gear? People constantly complain about having lowbies in their Battleground team.
Tenebro wrote: This idea will help gear up faster just those ppl that reach high rating and they can buy full sets + weps cuz that will require alot of arena points, I bet that's why you made this suggestion actualy cuz you're at 2.2k rating with only 1 wf piece and you have to wait like 2 months to get enough arena points to buy your set, self profit only.
Accusing me of this is just pathetic. I have the most expensive piece, the shoulder and I have the Tier 2 weapon and about 1500 points in me. I need probably a month and a half, maximum 2 to get full gear, what is the point of making this suggestion, which will probably take weeks to be applied even if it gets approved? Do you really think I would do all of this to reduce my gearing up with 2-3 weeks?
ImageImageImageImage

Gnurg

#13 » Post by Gnurg » 17 Aug 2016 01:43

Bloodshade wrote:
Gnurg wrote:I would only favour this if there was made an arena point cap for every flush, like 400 or so.

Close enough, but not really, there is a complex formula, if rate is above 1500 then 1511.26/(1+1639.28*2.71828^(0.00412*[Rating])), 2v2 teams get 76%, 3v3 88%, 5v5 100%. Below 1500 its 261 for 2v2.
Gnurg wrote: If you allowed full arena points as before with 2 flushes, the high rated teams would flood in arena points, which would be very beneficial for these teams.
Firstly, there are a hundred people on the server with 10 gold capped heroes in their possesion, gold is hardly a factor anymore.
Secondly 1511 is the absolute maximum points you can get by arenas in wotlk. At 2500 in 5v5 you would get 1432. Which means that people in retail were actually getting this much points every week. The restriction seems pointless.
Gnurg wrote: The intention of the suggestion is to grant less geared players some extra arena points. They are likely at low rating, considering they want to upgrade from furious to relentless, so for them a 400 cap wouldn't do any harm. It would just ensure that the highest ranked teams won't gain too much from this suggestion.
It is kinda not that motivating to do another 10 arenas for a mere 139 points more, I really don't see the point of this cap.
Gnurg wrote: Another alternative would be moving the bonus start to 1750, and one arena point for every 2nd rating above 1750. So a 2k team would get 381 points each flush, putting them at the about the same weekly points (762 vs. 756) as before, while the ones below would gain twice as much weekly (512 vs. 256).
I don't think changing the arena formula is possible or even if it is, it would be probably extremely hard to do so.
You missunderstood the cap, it's for each flush, not per week. So you can max get 800 a week.

Your suggestion is in order to help less geared (aka low rated), my alteration does the same, but it ensures that no one else besides the low rated gains a lot from this.

Without this limitation to the bonus AP gain, I would not be in favour of this, -1.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Bloodshade

#14 » Post by Bloodshade » 17 Aug 2016 01:46

Gnurg wrote: Without this limitation to the AP gain, I would not be in favour of this, -1.
Yes, I edited my answer to you a few min later, some cap for farming is probably a good idea. For 1900+ teams, maybe a 50% reduction in the 2nd flush? There could be a lot of ideas, but I don't think your suggestion about it will work.
ImageImageImageImage

ribbaribbahey

#15 » Post by ribbaribbahey » 17 Aug 2016 05:25

-1 stop the custom server pl0x

Ribbaz - 2300 2v2 Enhancement
Pokimans - 2100 2v2 Fire
Cazzuto - Arms PvE / 1950 2v2
Dextr - Blood Dps PvE / Frost "priority list" Dps PvE
Ribba - Beast Mastery PvP / Survival PvE

My Enhancement PvP guide