Yes
57%
No
43%

Total votes: 89

Nyeriah

[Rejected] Disabling SM in Arenas

#1 » Post by Nyeriah » 19 Jun 2016 15:45

Resuming the discussion from http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=35237

Hopefully with less flames etc

ItchyVortex

Re: Disabling SM in Arenas

#2 » Post by ItchyVortex » 19 Jun 2016 16:29

Esunna, Feral Druid | Elainn, Discipline Priest

Wilcox

#3 » Post by Wilcox » 19 Jun 2016 16:54

its a little bit uncertain though. what part of that suggestion does this poll refer to? from what I see there were three main arguments there

1 remove chaos bane
2 remove sm
3 limit ilvl 264 offset items

so if i vote yes or no, which among these will i be voting for?

Relina

#4 » Post by Relina » 19 Jun 2016 16:56

Wilcox wrote: so if i vote yes or no, which among these will i be voting for?
I guess its option 2, since that is the title of the poll.
Also option 3 should be limiting use of all PvE gear to items with a maximum of ilvl 264 not just offset items, but hey we can compromise & add that as option 4 :D
Truewow: Retired for now.
Peace - Lvl: 80 Paladin

Primalwow: Retired for now.
Relina - Lvl: 70 Paladin

I'm willing to become a stone bridge.
Just...
to catch a glimpse of you passing by.

Bloodshade

#5 » Post by Bloodshade » 19 Jun 2016 20:10

Disabling Shadowmourne will render warriors/retris completely useless in pvp, you can maby disable the shadowbane effect, not the whole weapon
- - -Wrathful chiken - - - - - Salty chiken - - -
ImageImageImageImage

Fastor

#6 » Post by Fastor » 19 Jun 2016 20:11

Bloodshade wrote:Disabling Shadowmourne will render warriors/retris completely useless
Considering putting this in signature. ^_^

Bloodshade

#7 » Post by Bloodshade » 19 Jun 2016 20:23

Fastor wrote:
Bloodshade wrote:Disabling Shadowmourne will render warriors/retris completely useless
Considering putting this in signature. ^_^

Well its true, mainly because no one will allow them to roll for the LK 25hc polearm which is the only weapon decent enough
ImageImageImageImage

Bloodshade

#8 » Post by Bloodshade » 19 Jun 2016 20:37

Also I bet every single player that doesn't play warrior will vote YES, because they want to have easier opponents.
The main problem is most of the server can play warr with some heals in 2v2 and almost no one can play decently rogues/ferals/mages/priests etc., I can literally name 1-2 people max from those classes that are good.
ImageImageImageImage

Amoriann
Donor

#9 » Post by Amoriann » 19 Jun 2016 21:10

I'd recommend that we have a server announcement INGAME so ppl know about this topic and come share their vote .....
Professional Dps.

Gnurg

#10 » Post by Gnurg » 19 Jun 2016 21:49

Everyone voting here, please give your vote in this thread as well: http://truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=35250 . It's kind of the same, just a bit lesser change.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Polkic
Former Staff

#11 » Post by Polkic » 19 Jun 2016 23:00

a bit OT; Its hunter weapon anyway...

benzviliran

#12 » Post by benzviliran » 19 Jun 2016 23:24

for those who does not know, warrior arms was OP in wrath of the lich king and it was announced by blizzard which in cata and next expansions decided to reshape his abillities and ofc add other classes abillities that could help a bit to encounter an arms warrior.

as for arms warrior his mortal strike was found too OP and blizzard decided to reshape it and nerf it right after wrath of the lich king-

"Cataclysm-Logo-Small Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Now reduce healing by 10%, down from 25% and also does 150% weapon damage, down from 185%."

it was later changed again and again and again but mostly small changes that comes with new abillities and changes that made wow pvp far from wrath of the lich king but they never returned it to more than 25% healing reduction at max .

so out of many reasons why arms warrior is OP against disc priests i found the healing reduction as the main reason why arms warriors are OP and so did blizzard also decided to reduce it.

nevertheless i believe we should not reshape or touch it or any other abillities for many reasons which are not relevant atm, however as shadowmourne looks most reasonable and blizzlike to forbid in arena 2v2 so i believe thats the best option for now.

also i would like to know if blessed recovery heals are stacked properly:

"After being struck by a melee or ranged critical hit, Blessed Recovery heals you for X% of the damage taken over 6 sec. Additional critical hits taken during the effect increase the healing received."

been crited without any effect of shields or dmg reduction for about 5k from arm warrior (no mortal strike etc) and got critted again for another 5k while still under the effect of blessing recovery and the first 5k crit was giving me 226 hp (which is btw not 15% of 5k) and after the next crit while still unders the effect i was healed for 19 per thick instead of having any amount higher than 226.

so since this talent is very important and vital against any physical dpsers for example arms warrior i believe if fixing this talent into proper healings it could also be nice.

also this talent is very good against feral druids which constantly make critical hits .

sorry for writing alot but i think this info is vital for people who might not be awared of what was written xd.
I am the swarm

Bloodshade

#13 » Post by Bloodshade » 20 Jun 2016 00:27

benzviliran wrote:for those who does not know, warrior arms was OP in wrath of the lich king and it was announced by blizzard which in cata and next expansions decided to reshape his abillities and ofc add other classes abillities that could help a bit to encounter an arms warrior.

as for arms warrior his mortal strike was found too OP and blizzard decided to reshape it and nerf it right after wrath of the lich king-

"Cataclysm-Logo-Small Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Now reduce healing by 10%, down from 25% and also does 150% weapon damage, down from 185%."

it was later changed again and again and again but mostly small changes that comes with new abillities and changes that made wow pvp far from wrath of the lich king but they never returned it to more than 25% healing reduction at max .

so out of many reasons why arms warrior is OP against disc priests i found the healing reduction as the main reason why arms warriors are OP and so did blizzard also decided to reduce it.

nevertheless i believe we should not reshape or touch it or any other abillities for many reasons which are not relevant atm, however as shadowmourne looks most reasonable and blizzlike to forbid in arena 2v2 so i believe thats the best option for now.

"After being struck by a melee or ranged critical hit, Blessed Recovery heals you for X% of the damage taken over 6 sec. Additional critical hits taken during the effect increase the healing received."

been crited without any effect of shields or dmg reduction for about 5k from arm warrior (no mortal strike etc) and got critted again for another 5k while still under the effect of blessing recovery and the first 5k crit was giving me 226 hp (which is btw not 15% of 5k) and after the next crit while still unders the effect i was healed for 19 per thick instead of having any amount higher than 226.

so since this talent is very important and vital against any physical dpsers for example arms warrior i believe if fixing this talent into proper healings it could also be nice.

also this talent is very good against feral druids which constantly make critical hits .

sorry for writing alot but i think this info is vital for people who might not be awared of what was written xd.

Blizzard completely changed the gameplay of all classes in later expansions, not only mortal strike was changed, EVERY healing reduction was changed and nerfed to 10%. Every class in later expansions has a burst damage and some sustain, there are hardly any differences in DPS classes (yes I have played every single expansion, don't try to talk bullshit). Warriors are very strong in all of the expansions, they just have different play style. ALSO, in later expansions FURY is the better PVP spec, not Arms.

PS: I think there is some bug with Blessed recovery, however that's completely irrelevant to the Shadowmourne problem.
ImageImageImageImage

benzviliran

#14 » Post by benzviliran » 20 Jun 2016 17:20

Bloodshade wrote:
benzviliran wrote:for those who does not know, warrior arms was OP in wrath of the lich king and it was announced by blizzard which in cata and next expansions decided to reshape his abillities and ofc add other classes abillities that could help a bit to encounter an arms warrior.

Blizzard completely changed the gameplay of all classes in later expansions, not only mortal strike was changed, EVERY healing reduction was changed and nerfed to 10%. Every class in later expansions has a burst damage and some sustain, there are hardly any differences in DPS classes (yes I have played every single expansion, don't try to talk bullshit). Warriors are very strong in all of the expansions, they just have different play style. ALSO, in later expansions FURY is the better PVP spec, not Arms.

PS: I think there is some bug with Blessed recovery, however that's completely irrelevant to the Shadowmourne problem.
i dont see why u claim i am speaking bullshit, after all what you said after just strengthen my claim that arms warr in general is OP in WOTLK it was knowleged by blizzard, yes many spells were changed and it was all completely different but doesnt change the fact that warrs were OP in wotlk.

anyway shadowmourne makes warr potentional even more OP since its a huge amount of additional dmg and burst so removing it from the arena could be a good idea thats why i voted yes.
I am the swarm

Justicelight
Donor

#15 » Post by Justicelight » 20 Jun 2016 18:45

Bloodshade wrote:Disabling Shadowmourne will render warriors/retris completely useless in pvp, you can maby disable the shadowbane effect, not the whole weapon
Glorenzelg is a very nice weapon substitution for retribution PvP. But even so, equiping a pvp weapon would put more pressure on them to gather 277ilvl items.

Retri paladins should try to replace any non-strength item with strength items, and by using PvP weapon instead of PvE one, this will force them to chase more pve offsets in order to make up for the missing stats. I can write a list of BiS retri gear list depending on faction, with SM or without SM sets, if anyone want.
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."