[REJECTED] "Partial" Arena season resets problems and possible solutions

ribbaribbahey

Re: "Partial" Arena season resets problems and possible solutions

#46 » Post by ribbaribbahey » 30 May 2016 19:41

Man please stop pretending to sum up the idea with the actual intent of calling names on it. It is not noob-friendly nor custom, it is more Blizzlike than the situation we have at the moment with gear saturation. If you call any player that has not AT-level skills a noob, that is your problem, not ours. I think I gave you already enough reasons in the replies to you alone to make you understand.

PS: being elitist doesn't improve your charism. Let go this dumb internet ego.

Ribbaz - 2300 2v2 Enhancement
Pokimans - 2100 2v2 Fire
Cazzuto - Arms PvE / 1950 2v2
Dextr - Blood Dps PvE / Frost "priority list" Dps PvE
Ribba - Beast Mastery PvP / Survival PvE

My Enhancement PvP guide

keez
Donor

#47 » Post by keez » 30 May 2016 22:26

Im just telling you like it is, if you make a poll so ppl vote on this you would see how many are against this suggestion :p

Fastor

#48 » Post by Fastor » 30 May 2016 22:39

keez wrote:Im just telling you like it is, if you make a poll so ppl vote on this you would see how many are against this suggestion :p
Thats why it needs to be forced. Just like that stupid law that forbids killing people.

ribbaribbahey

#49 » Post by ribbaribbahey » 30 May 2016 22:46

@Keez
I would love to see how the players respond, and that is why i also suggested an ingame poll informer. To ask to the forum alone now is to ask a small clique of TW loyals, therefore to a group with a very biased position.

Pokimans - 2100 2v2 Fire

My Enhancement PvP guide

Vaen

#50 » Post by Vaen » 31 May 2016 01:06

Ribbaz I believe your suggestion is good, however I see two fundamental flaws:

1. Getting the relentless gear after you have wrathful. This one isn't so problematic, but since I don't think the idea of forcing people to buy lower gear is appropiate, I believe they should somehow have a compensation system where a person with a wrathful item gets a relentless item automatically in that same slot.

2. Getting lower ilvl pve pieces. This is the real problem. Unless you implement a compensation system, it forces PvPers who dread raiding to raid again (and by raiding I mean raids that are done in much less frequency than ICC, such as Ulduar or ToC) in order to get decent pieces that won't even last them the whole season. Even if we used a compensation system as described above, the stat distributions of lvl 245 items are not the same as those of lvl 264 items, for instance; and it's not so clear what piece you would compensate another piece with.
Vaen - Human Warrior
Verwandlung - Human Lock
Parallel - Human Priest

Follow me on Twitch

ribbaribbahey

#51 » Post by ribbaribbahey » 31 May 2016 02:00

I know it can sound annoying at first, but those are not insurmountable things. Especially your first suggestion should be easy to code, but i wanted to keep it the simplest possible. And mainly, having to get some Honor would start the engine of pvp very effectively.

For (1), people with WF surely have spare arena points (which can also be used to buy Honor). If not, the next season is very far, doing BGs once in a while will anyway allow you to buy what you need.

For (2), the game offers plenty of trinkets with a easy access. The Battlemaster's ones are very effective especially when the roof itemlevel is the one of the Relentless gears, but you also have Wintergrasp trinkets which gain added value when you decrease the stat difference they give to the endgame items. I personally use the Battlemaster's on both my mage and my shaman, and the "freedom"+ spell power/crit ones on my mage. The list goes on, for warriors (that usually make no use of the PvP trinkets) you got ToC5's and FoS hc's trinkets which are again really good when all the stats are tuned down. Hell, Keosu, that was considered the best warrior on the server for a while, was using Needle-encrusted scorpion!
What I am saying is that there are tons of viable trinkets, and that the "best" trinkets will have a very little superior stats compared to the easily accessible ones. Who is willing to farm old raids to have that really small advantage is free to do so, and I am sure that the others won't really mind the small difference.

Pokimans - 2100 2v2 Fire

My Enhancement PvP guide

Psychotic

#52 » Post by Psychotic » 31 May 2016 10:29

ribbaribbahey wrote: Thank you captain obvious. Probably you can get more players by praying the Holy Spirit, but since we other poor idiots can't, we need to understand how to make that happen by making the server more welcoming to new players.
We other poor idiots write all those walltexts to argument and discuss how to do it.
Hey sweetie, go out and smoke something. Also you are a indeed an idiot, because nobody even quoted you and yet you make my post seem so personal.
ribbaribbahey wrote: people with WF surely have spare arena points
And your system is shit because you base every suggestion on assumptions, not facts.

Every other system will be shit because the regular one is quite fine and you wont make it more welcome to anyone by changing shit, it just needs more players to support itself, thats why i wrote that, i could have said -1, which i will do now.
Im done with this shit respond to this if you want more attention, im sure that there will be more people willing to quote you in the sand in vagina topic.

Supernova

#53 » Post by Supernova » 31 May 2016 10:44

Alright than let the arena/server exist for thos top 5 egocentrics that are so pro ,but playing here,afraid to go on biggest server,where they can meet players at theyr or higer lvl skills : D
Diabla - Blood Elf Paladin
Ambrosia - Blood Elf Death Knight
Supernova - Orc Shaman
Bladespinner - Orc Warrior

ribbaribbahey

#54 » Post by ribbaribbahey » 31 May 2016 10:48

lol pschotic stop embarrassing yourself. It wasn't personal tho, I was just annoyed by yet another irrelevant comment claiming to resolve the situation. Because in the past years the "we just need more population and things will work out" approach lead to brilliant results.

Pokimans - 2100 2v2 Fire

My Enhancement PvP guide

strahinja

#55 » Post by strahinja » 31 May 2016 17:46

it would be nice to have your suggestions available, but i think it will never happen..

get rid of expertise, get rid of armor penetration, boost resilience, fix broken talents (those that work as intended)
ability ratios
damage over time effect ticks should not be equal to damage that mortal strike makes, or should it ?
not a single expansion was balanced in any aspect, that is, i guess, the reason of such dramatic changes in every new expansion.
pvp is going from fast to slow, from slow to fast, there is no true balance

so i vote for everything you said, but like this:
- special pvp challenges
- new gear introduced each month
- no pve items allowed
Last edited by strahinja on 31 May 2016 22:20, edited 1 time in total.

Wilcox

#56 » Post by Wilcox » 31 May 2016 18:31

strahinja wrote:it would be nice to have your suggestions available, but i think it will never happen..

get rid of expertise, get rid of armor penetration, boost resilience, fix broken talents (those that work as intended)
ability ratios
damage over time effect ticks should not be equal to damage that mortal strike makes, or should it ?
not a single expansion was balanced in any aspect, that is, i guess, the reason of such dramatic changes in every new expansion.
pvp is going from fast to slow, from slow to fast, there is no true balance

so i vote for everything you said, but like this:

- special pvp challenges
- new gear introduced each month
- no pve items allowed

Its this, or to be honest, should we play some other game ?
I love world of warcraft, but this is not pvp game in it's soul, at least not yet.
Dota and lol are more like it

Hearthstone is very cool game, worth investing money, noone forces me on monthly subscription so it is very nice imo
there is luck involved and there are decisions you make each turn and there is understanding of other cards and classes in creating your own deck.

sorry because i went far out of topic,
i do i agree with you, i would like to see these changes that you suggested
can you name the substance you've been using, please? i want to get as high as you, too

Shaharan

#57 » Post by Shaharan » 31 May 2016 20:11

I think its unfair for people who have been playing here for years working their ass off to farm the WF gear. Doing this would give the new player the same benefits as somebody who has been working on it for months, if not years. Newcomers can gear up by playing for points until they get rele and then eventually improve their skills by practicing. As Keez said earlier, once you get good at your class you can win against full geared people (as long as you are better than them skillwise). People people who are geared now (with the exception of Ebay accounts or extra hard carried nabs) once had to fight full geared teams while being low and they eventually got geared as they played and got better or on the same skill level as those geared teams.

my 2 cents

ribbaribbahey

#58 » Post by ribbaribbahey » 31 May 2016 21:00

I get your disappointment, but it I remind you that to use a WF piece again it would be enough to only reach the rating it is needed to buy it, you won't be forced to buy it again (that is the real big and annoying limitation when you gear up). Once again I am in the position to ask you to choose between two scenarios:
-to keep your WFs and to use them rarely and more rarely until the only use they have is for showing off outside the bank because literally PvP is unplayable
-to temporarily use a lower tier set and have a hugely more fluid pvp. More people means that "pro" teams will climb the MMR faster, making the arena matching much more fair. Hopefully, it would bring to life some 3v3s as we had back before the DDOS. It may take a couple of seasons for it to work out, but if you'd have the bigger picture of what TW is becoming you would get to my same conclusion that with this suggestion of mine the server has nothing to lose.
Many of you keep saying the fact that "newcomers must learn to play better to enter TW's pvp scene", I suspect mainly because of envy, because we had to do it in the first place and it wasn't a pleasant experience in its whole. Well, all these years we had to do that in order to play, and look where we are now. That situation is the normality in TW, and makes things worse every season. Believe me now?

Pokimans - 2100 2v2 Fire

My Enhancement PvP guide

ribbaribbahey

#59 » Post by ribbaribbahey » 04 Jun 2016 20:51

I like to think GMs aren't speaking up because they are discussing privately about it

Pokimans - 2100 2v2 Fire

My Enhancement PvP guide

ribbaribbahey

#60 » Post by ribbaribbahey » 25 Jun 2016 13:24

Bump

Pokimans - 2100 2v2 Fire