Mac Client for Truewow

All things that player must know or can be of their use such as general information, policies, rules, FAQ, guides and instructions, various language translations.
Fastor

Re: Mac Client for Truewow

#31 » Post by Fastor » 08 Apr 2016 13:44

^_^ Actually l was planned to do video of both windows and Mac but anyway since l was planing that for 2 years and havent even started a think (my lazines is awesome), here is how we gonna do it.
PART 1
longi wrote:Don´t you have WOTLK client ? You can simple Download it with torrent from our forum (Game has already set realm and No installation needed! 16.6 GB )

1 - From where to download game

2 - Download link
You can Download torrent from this link : http://tiny.cc/TrueWoW

3 - uTorrent

For MacOs, you can Download uTorrent client with this link http://www.utorrent.com/intl/en/downloads/mac
Question: Why uTorrent ?
Answer: Some guys had problem with different types of torrent client. uTorrent is working 100%, but it doesn´t mean you can´t use another Torrent client ;-)

Are you Mac user, because Windows susks ? You can play Wow too !
If you are using MacOS, you have to add a little app to your Wotlk client
PART 2
Download this and copy paste it in wow Folder http://tinyurl.com/Truewow-Mac-app
PART 3
longi again wrote:
Step 3 - Get a Game account
[/size]

1 - Account manager
After you login to the forum you will have access to your Account Manager

2 - Creating an account for game
→Create username for the Game, Add Email for the Game ( you can´t use same email as you used for the Forum account )
→Set password for the Game (DO NOT SHARE your password with anyone, TrueWow Staff will never ask for your password)
→Press Create and Link
→Congratulation, you have the Game account !
→Now you can login to game with your Username and password (DO NOT USE your email adress for login to the game )

So... Enjoy your gameplay :D
Aaand that would be pretty much it, call if you got any problem :)

tobydecks

#32 » Post by tobydecks » 24 Apr 2016 14:51

I'm getting a message telling me to restart to apply a patch, then when I do, it tells me it failed to apply it.
Any ideas what that might be?
It's version 3.3.5 (12340) on OSX 10.10.5
Also, it wont accept anything other than the account email address for the game login.

I'm clearly doing something wrong... :)

EDIT: So I guess it's because it won't let me login with my TrueWOW username. It only does anything if I use an email address, otherwise it tell me information is invalid.

Fastor

#33 » Post by Fastor » 24 Apr 2016 15:29

tobydecks wrote:I'm getting a message telling me to restart to apply a patch, then when I do, it tells me it failed to apply it.
Any ideas what that might be?
It's version 3.3.5 (12340) on OSX 10.10.5
Also, it wont accept anything other than the account email address for the game login.

I'm clearly doing something wrong... :)
Seems yes. And so far l can only imagine what happen but here is something you should know.
We are working on 3.3.5 patch as you said you are using that client, but there are two options that trick you into updating patch. One of them is that you enter Email instead Username, so if you already did that and game updated, you can only download again and try again but only this time use Username instead of Email.
l am telling about Ingame account username which you can make here http://www.truewow.org/account-manager in case you have not.

Anyway, if still having problem l could enter your Mac with your permission and have a look at what could be problem.
Privacy and all other settings guaranteed unless Justin Bieber wallpaper is on.

tobydecks

#34 » Post by tobydecks » 24 Apr 2016 17:25

Hey,

So I changed the realm list in realmlist.wtf to another server, which worked, then back again to truewow and it's fixed it :)

Cheers :)

metzpe

#35 » Post by metzpe » 09 May 2016 02:49

For anyone having failed login attempts

The MegaSync download Fastor provided has a realmlist.wtf for eternal wow, NOT truewow.

As such, you need to change its contents to "set realmlist 178.33.234.49" in order to login

Feel free to delete this post and add it to your instructions, Fastor

Fastor

#36 » Post by Fastor » 09 May 2016 02:53

What MegaSync? Only things l provided are Truewows own torrent with its own truewow realmlist and GoogleDrive Wow.app which does not even contain realmlist.

metzpe

#37 » Post by metzpe » 09 May 2016 15:55

My bad, I actually got a MegaSync client from elsewhere.

BUT, the reason I had to do that is because the torrent you posted had 0 seeds. Don't know if my torrent client was broken or if the torrent just wasn't getting seeded.

In any case, as a mac user who completed the whole process as of yesterday (5/8), I was able to download the 3.3.5a client from here: http://preview.tinyurl.com/pdomt44

Like any other windows WoW client download, you need to edit the realmlist.wtf file located in Data > enGB AND put the WoW.app file into the folder to be able to launch the game and login.

I hope this helps anyone who was unable to download the torrent file Fastor posted.

Fastor

#38 » Post by Fastor » 09 May 2016 21:25

Matzpe, problem with 0 seeders is not directly related to my work. That torrent is of Windows client and is distributed on download page. Problem is that it have dead tracker (for 2 years) and only way to make that torrent work is to use uTorrent since that client have PeerExchange feature that act as tracker.

Problem has been reported 10+ times and no one care, everyone else got used to it.

PS, you had in guide already mentioned how to bypass problem.
longi wrote:For MacOs, you can Download uTorrent client with this link http://www.utorrent.com/intl/en/downloads/mac
Question: Why uTorrent ?
Answer: Some guys had problem with different types of torrent client. uTorrent is working 100%

metzpe

#39 » Post by metzpe » 09 May 2016 23:18

Yes but I know a lot of people don't like to use utorrent because of the recent adware infestation.

Just thought I would provide an alternative client source which is direct download and in my opinion, simpler and less risky than the torrent

Fastor

#40 » Post by Fastor » 09 May 2016 23:48

metzpe wrote:Yes but I know a lot of people don't like to use utorrent because of the recent adware infestation.

Just thought I would provide an alternative client source which is direct download and in my opinion, simpler and less risky than the torrent
Then make new topic. As l said this Torrent that l linked is not mine but of this site, and as such its moderated by admins, not me.
Dont think lm trying to be rude or something, its just you are pointing out something which people (me mostly) reported thousand times and only thing we got is removing of Launcher.exe which stopped all those spamming about autoupdate. Tracker is still not solved.

Criticat

#41 » Post by Criticat » 23 Sep 2018 18:55

Can't get it to work. Fastor, you got time to help out if you are still active?
Criticat
"Impossible is just an opinion."

Fastor

#42 » Post by Fastor » 24 Sep 2018 15:00

What seems to be a problem.
Solved. Was some security problem. l hate Mac
http://osxdaily.com/2012/07/27/app-cant ... developer/