So apparently, abusing other players is fine on this server

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
vclan

So apparently, abusing other players is fine on this server

#1 » Post by vclan » 22 Apr 2016 18:07

I'm sure you've all encountered opposite-faction d*cks who would kill you for no reason - despite vastly out-leveling you, so it gives them absolutely nothing. Sure, that happens - but what about having some dude ambush players in a low-lvl, opp-faction area, killing them repeatedly, then camping their corpses for a long time? Well, as it turns out, such behavior is completely legal on TrueWoW, and the GM I spoke to, despite really being nice and wanting to help, said his hands are tied. And I ask, why? why is this community ok with such behavior?

Gnurg

Re: So apparently, abusing other players is fine on this server

#2 » Post by Gnurg » 22 Apr 2016 18:14

Yes, TrueWoW is a PvP realm.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

vclan

#3 » Post by vclan » 22 Apr 2016 18:23

Gnurg, that isn't PvP. PvP would be killing a player of roughly your level for either the challenge or the honor points then moving on, not killing a lowbie 5 times in a row by camping his corpse.

candre23
Donor

#4 » Post by candre23 » 22 Apr 2016 18:36

That's just life on a PvP server. It's frustrating, but that's how it is on every PvP server, private or retail. People who corpse-camp lowbies are jerks, but they're not breaking any rules.

If you don't want to deal with the griefers, roll on a PvE server like Primal. That's the only way to avoid it.

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#5 » Post by Hansrutger » 22 Apr 2016 18:45

Being on a PvP server can also bring you closer to the community. Let's say you actually get ganked and camped. If you don't have a higher level alt, you'd be stuck there. What I used to when I only had my Palamaster as main was to ask in /g for help, someone would always come and start ganking them because these corpse campers are usually no-skilled players. If /g is not available, ask in LFG chat etc. One of aspects of the game that Blizzard partly removed by implementing these auto-join systems RDF/LFR is that you get less connection with other players. It might look like a ridiculous little thing, what, bonding over someone who ganked you? But it is actually. :P Anyways of course if you don't want to play on a PvP server then don't lol. I'm just saying that out of bad things can also good things pop up, depending on how you handle the situation.
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

TrueWoW main: Palamaster

vclan

#6 » Post by vclan » 22 Apr 2016 18:48

I'm not asking about how it is, I'm asking about why is this community, which is definitely the nicest WoW community I've seen, totally ok with jerk behavior going undisturbed and unpunished? Just because "that's how it is on every PvP server"? Don't you at least want to have a better reason for doing something other than "that's how it is elsewhere"?

RayBow

#7 » Post by RayBow » 22 Apr 2016 18:55

Ganking has been part of wow since forever. In fact ganking is present in any MMO with game mechanics that allows it. So I don't know if you are new to WoW or MMOs in general, but you better get used to it because it won't be going away :)

vclan

#8 » Post by vclan » 22 Apr 2016 18:59

I'm not new to this, I have 6 80's on this server, and still I get pissed over jerks like that. as for the rest of what you've said, you too are completely missing the point, by basically saying "that's how it is", instead of actually answering my question: why is it considered ok? and if your only reason is "that's how it always was", well, maybe it should change?

candre23
Donor

#9 » Post by candre23 » 22 Apr 2016 19:04

That's like asking why Canadians, who are generally so nice, allow hockey to be so violent. Hockey wouldn't be hockey without the fights, and PvP servers wouldn't be PvP servers without the ruthless ganking. The fact that you can be killed at any time by someone at a higher level, with no reasonable chance to defend yourself, is integral to the PvP leveling experience. Some folks thrive on that. Most WoW players (particularly on private servers) demand it, which is why 95% of private servers are PvP. Personally, I hate that nonsense, so I choose to play on a PvE server. You have the same choice.

You can't get upset about gankers on a PvP server, because griefing lowbies is what they do. It's like getting mad at a tiger for mauling you after you climbed over the fence into its cage - that's what tigers do. If you don't want your face bitten off, stay out of tiger cages.

vclan

#10 » Post by vclan » 22 Apr 2016 19:11

Looks like I won't get an answer to the question "why is rewarding jerk behavior ok" out of any of you. "it's what jerks do"? really? can't you do any better than that? You cannot make a tiger stop being a tiger, but is jerk behavior on the same level of a "given", so much that while the guys running the community can actually affect it, they simply don't want to?

and by the way, for burglars, taking your stuff when you're out or asleep is "what they do", too. are you suggesting that this shouldn't be punishable, at least if I happened to knowingly move into a "bad" neighborhood?
Last edited by vclan on 22 Apr 2016 19:14, edited 1 time in total.

Dr. Who

#11 » Post by Dr. Who » 22 Apr 2016 19:11

@vclan thats totally legal even in retail.
i got camped for 2hours when i was lvling 1 alt until i got tired and stared playing on other char on other area.
get use to it.

but there is still some things that you can do:
--make ticket and prey for 1 GM come and ask them to stop (same thing we do in retail when we are been camped)
--you can do as i said i did in retail, start play on other char till the guy gives up or leaves the area.
--ask some Guild hight lv to come save your ass. ;) but that i dont recommend since violence only brings more violence and by that i mean you bring 1 friend and the guy calls a friend too etc. the area become a war Area. ^_^
You did a bad think? Does it affect me? No? Them Suffer in Silence.
You Crying now? You have no reason to cry, if some one cries is because they are sad.
For example,i cry because people are stupid what makes me sad.
And i'm not insane, my Mother had me tested.
by: "The Big Bang Theory -Sheldon Cooper"

Blacklustersoldier
Honorary Member

#12 » Post by Blacklustersoldier » 22 Apr 2016 19:13

nobody is rewarding the jerks, just ask for someone to help you, or log onto a new char... sadly there is nothing staff can do about it
RETIRED
Contact info:
[hide]Skype: bone.link90
Battle tag EU: bonelink90#2702
E-mail: bone.link90@yahoo.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Mihai.Udrescu90
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198138722978/[/hide]
Char list:
[hide]Blackluster
Katra
Mystral
Sepinia
Shanira
Stasher
Lightluster
Soreya
Dastan
Xeria
Runya[/hide]

Dr. Who

#13 » Post by Dr. Who » 22 Apr 2016 19:26

and bay the way. if you thinking in leave server because of this... and i'm not saying that is what you said , i mean , is just what you made me think that you are thinking in do, well i think i'm saying this for every one even if i dont know you ingame:

i'm sad if you leave , will be 1 less person to have fun with. but even if you leave and go to other server will it be any different? there are jerks every where and we cant do nothing about that so... will you be changing server's every week or stay here where you already made many friends (i guess you did or at least i hope you did) ?
Last edited by Dr. Who on 22 Apr 2016 19:31, edited 1 time in total.
You did a bad think? Does it affect me? No? Them Suffer in Silence.
You Crying now? You have no reason to cry, if some one cries is because they are sad.
For example,i cry because people are stupid what makes me sad.
And i'm not insane, my Mother had me tested.
by: "The Big Bang Theory -Sheldon Cooper"

Fastor

#14 » Post by Fastor » 22 Apr 2016 19:27

Why people gank some low level players:
1. They know who are those which they gank.They are their friends and doing it for gig, or their enemies and they work toward to ruin their gameplay.
2. They kill low level players to prevent them doing stuff which gankers or players that gankers are also doing, such as same quest.
3. They kill low level players because they feel powerful and so, they feel like they are doing something right in their life. It does not matter they dont even get Honor Kills, or that noone else care, their mind is set that they are Awesome and they continue doing it no matter it does not benefit to anyone but their ego, and makes lost to both players they gank and to gankers faction (they could spending time in BG rather than gank).

We had example of one of Number 3 players where he braged in his 10 min video how he ganked low levels for 3+ months.

candre23
Donor

#15 » Post by candre23 » 22 Apr 2016 19:29

vclan wrote: the guys running the community can actually affect it, they simply don't want to?
No, they can't affect it. Not without massive negative consequences.

First of all, like I said, the people who gravitate toward PvP servers actually want that behavior. Some because they're jerks who want to do the griefing, but most just because they want the challenge. They understand what a PvP server is and that's how they want to play - grief and all. If you take it away, they'll leave.

Second, how do you define griefing? How much level difference does there have to be before it's "abuse"? How many times can they kill you before they're "camping"? It's entirely subjective. Even if you go through the hassle of coming up with exact scenarios that are unacceptable, how do you prove it? How many GMs do you think there are to look into the hundreds of reports per day? How long do they have to spend going through combat logs to see who killed who and when? Even if you had clear rules, they could never be enforced fairly or consistently. There would be constant arguments over what is or isn't griefing. This would create even more drama, and more people would leave.

You can't keep a tiger from biting off faces, but you can keep them in a cage. PvP servers are the cages that we keep jerks in. Don't go in the cage if you don't want to get bit.