Model Editor for Items?

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
mcheka

Model Editor for Items?

#1 » Post by mcheka » 13 Apr 2016 23:45

Since it seems all but certain that we will have transmogrification in the near future, I would like to try to make local edits to the models so that I do not see people's transmogs (i.e. so all equipment is shown to me locally, at my client, is the "proper", un-transmogged gear -- i.e. what we currently see on TW).

I want to ask, since I know some people here have some experience with model editing: could anyone recommend some tools for this? I have no interest in changing anything except to change how every single piece of gear looks, so ideally it would be something that I could do programmatically (if the tool supports it).

Even if it doesn't have scripting capability, that's okay, I can probably work around that -- ideally would be a command line tool since that's easy to automate.

Any help would be appreciated, and if I can get this to work I'll release it as an alternative TrueWoW WotLK client for people who are like me and really do not want transmog.
Aurelian the Immortal
<Massive Forearms>
Danuvius of Inquisition

gecko32

Re: Model Editor for Items?

#2 » Post by gecko32 » 14 Apr 2016 00:44

Option 1 having never deleted your cache folder continue to never do so. Could work not 100% no display/trans gear/old gear all may possible.
Option 2 item cache edit info here
https://wowdev.wiki/WDB
https://wowdev.wiki/ItemCache.wdb
https://wowdev.wiki/DB/Item
Find item id hex value in item cache if line doesn't equal below value use it.
would need to get display info info from this dbc or use trinitycore display info id from item_template
convert display id to hex and switch the first 2 values with the last 2 exp. 45cf -> cf45
since you would some
guide using a hex editor,
http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/world-o ... epost.html
using
Option 3 Maybe someone will write some thing server side command that allows disable that would be theoretically possible.

gecko32

#3 » Post by gecko32 » 14 Apr 2016 21:26

After further thought option 1 & 2 will not work server only sends client entry id of the visible item.

mcheka

#4 » Post by mcheka » 14 Apr 2016 22:42

And option 3 won't work for the same reason (without potentially a major rewrite of a deep core system in TrinityCore), since the visible (transmogged/untransmogged) id is sent in the Player class without a way to specify the target client (Nye has already said as much). Sadface.
Aurelian the Immortal
<Massive Forearms>
Danuvius of Inquisition

gecko32

#5 » Post by gecko32 » 16 Apr 2016 00:43

wrote command for option 3 core side changes are minimal ~7 lines total. Can have it on server if people want it if transmogrify gets accepted.

Nyeriah

#6 » Post by Nyeriah » 16 Apr 2016 00:48

Well, now that's interesting! :D

mcheka

#7 » Post by mcheka » 16 Apr 2016 00:55

Wow! From the little I tried, I couldn't get it to send updates to the specific client, so when I had 3 accounts logged, the visuals would periodically change between the transmogged and un-transmogged gear, for both the client that had transmog enabled and the one that didn't.

I'm curious as to what your change was, but more importantly hats off to you for being a better programmer than I am. If it does indeed work, then you can safely ignore all my crying (as if you didn't already) in the transmog thread and I'm suddenly a +1 for this feature. Awesome!

You're just made my day :)
Aurelian the Immortal
<Massive Forearms>
Danuvius of Inquisition

Fastor

#8 » Post by Fastor » 16 Apr 2016 01:13

Hold up, let me see if l understood correctly since its 1.00 in morning.

You just made On/Off switch for will players see other peoples items Transmoged?

Nyeriah

#9 » Post by Nyeriah » 16 Apr 2016 01:27

Frewdis please push it to the repo, if it really works as I think it does then we can even start the experimental week as early as tomorrow or Sunday seeing the vast majority of votes are favorable anyway. And if people can disable it then there's no reason for hold up on that.

Dr. Who

#10 » Post by Dr. Who » 20 Apr 2016 23:48

will be there any plans to upgrade the transmog fixture in the future?
make it more close to the original.
when i say make it closer the original i mean make it be able to transmog:

1hand Sword transmog on 1h. Sword
1h. Sword transmog on 1h. Axe
1h. Sword -> 1h. Mace
1h. Axe -> 1h. Axe
1h. Axe -> 1h. Sword
1h. Axe -> 1h. Mace
1h. Mace -> 1h. Mace
1h. Mace -> 1h. Sword
1h. Mace -> 1h. Axe

same for 2hand :arrowu: (sword / Mace / Axe)

Staff transmog on Polearms and vice sersa

First weapons on Daggers and vise versa

Bow on Bow
Bow on Crossbow
Bow on Gun
......etc

you got the idea (i hope) =)
You did a bad think? Does it affect me? No? Them Suffer in Silence.
You Crying now? You have no reason to cry, if some one cries is because they are sad.
For example,i cry because people are stupid what makes me sad.
And i'm not insane, my Mother had me tested.
by: "The Big Bang Theory -Sheldon Cooper"