Is the Realm Offline?

Nymesis
Donor

Re: Is the Realm Offline?

#16 » Post by Nymesis » 08 Mar 2016 16:43

mcheka wrote:Do you have any software such as PeerBlock/PeerGuardian running, that could block certain connections? (Although I doubt it's the case, since it probably would have blocked the ping too). Maybe your firewall is program-based and blocking your WoW.exe from opening connections?
I've never heard of this software, but checked anyway - these programs are not on my pc.
“If you suffer your people to be ill-educated, their manners corrupted from birth; then punish them for those crimes which their first education disposed them, then what else is to be concluded, but that you first make thieves and then punish them.”

Mortium

#17 » Post by Mortium » 08 Mar 2016 16:46

And you are sure you are logging in with your ingame account and not forum account? Your forum account name is Nymesis and your ingame account is the one you created in Account Manager, will not state the ingame account name here for security reasons.

Pitiless78

#18 » Post by Pitiless78 » 08 Mar 2016 16:47

its not working for me either

Mortium

#19 » Post by Mortium » 08 Mar 2016 16:48

Pitiless78 wrote:its not working for me either
Please make sure you have created an ingame account from the Account Manager. Look for "Create account" here: http://www.truewow.org/account-manager

Nymesis
Donor

#20 » Post by Nymesis » 08 Mar 2016 16:49

disabled my firewall - still can't connect - same error. tried running both as administrator and not.
“If you suffer your people to be ill-educated, their manners corrupted from birth; then punish them for those crimes which their first education disposed them, then what else is to be concluded, but that you first make thieves and then punish them.”

Nymesis
Donor

#21 » Post by Nymesis » 08 Mar 2016 16:49

Mortium wrote:And you are sure you are logging in with your ingame account and not forum account? Your forum account name is Nymesis and your ingame account is the one you created in Account Manager, will not state the ingame account name here for security reasons.
yes i am sure - they are different names.

Pitiless78

#22 » Post by Pitiless78 » 08 Mar 2016 16:55

i cant login either it still says there is some kind of error logging in and all my stuff is set up correctly

Pitiless78

#23 » Post by Pitiless78 » 08 Mar 2016 16:57

i cant login either it still says there is some kind of error logging in and all my stuff is set up correctly
Mortium wrote:
Pitiless78 wrote:its not working for me either
Please make sure you have created an ingame account from the Account Manager. Look for "Create account" here: http://www.truewow.org/account-manager
lol i have an account

Mortium

#24 » Post by Mortium » 08 Mar 2016 17:05

You didn't have an account when you posted that, the account was not linked to your forum account or the website did not update yet. Either way, you and Nymesis don't seem to have the right problem because Nymesis cannot login at all, on your account Pitiless78, it has already been registered that you were able to login.

@Pitiless78, which error do you get when attempting to login?

Nymesis
Donor

#25 » Post by Nymesis » 08 Mar 2016 17:09

so is there a patch file of some kind that maybe needs to be run? all i have is what came in the bulk main download file from your download page. is there a special patcher? any other suggestions?

Jiranthos
Admin

#26 » Post by Jiranthos » 08 Mar 2016 17:14

Nymesis wrote:so is there a patch file of some kind that maybe needs to be run? all i have is what came in the bulk main download file from your download page. is there a special patcher? any other suggestions?

You should have Wrath of the Lich King patch 3.3.5a. It doesn't matter if it come from TrueWoW or you got it anywhere else. If it's that client version, with the appropriate realmlist settings, you should be able to play here.

Your problem is really strange, though. "Unable to connect". Does this message pop up instantly as you try to log in, or does it try to "Connecting..." for a little bit and then say it was unable to connect?

Edit: I remember having this issue at one point, too. Try releasing and renewing leased IPs. (http://www.tp-link.us/faq-96.html)
If you have a home router, try going in it's web browser-based administration page and just restarting it, or, if that doesn't work, try unplugging it from electricity and waiting 10 seconds before plugging it back in. Just take care with all these actions if you don't know what you are doing.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

Nymesis
Donor

#27 » Post by Nymesis » 08 Mar 2016 17:27

its nearly instant - i get the "connecting" box for perhaps a second, maybe less. perhaps i should just make a copy of the folder i use for the other server and overwrite the config.wtf & realmlist.wtf files then, if that is the case.

Jiranthos
Admin

#28 » Post by Jiranthos » 08 Mar 2016 17:30

Nymesis wrote:its nearly instant - i get the "connecting" box for perhaps a second, maybe less. perhaps i should just make a copy of the folder i use for the other server and overwrite the config.wtf & realmlist.wtf files then, if that is the case.
You can definitely try that, just for research purposes. Firstly, though, try just using your other servers folder's realmlist.wtf (change it to "set realmlist login.truewow.org") but don't touch the config.wtf file and try logging it. If it works, then you can change back to whatever the realmlist was and then copy the whole folder and just change the realmlist, if you don't want to manually change realmlists to switch servers. Note, though, that there are special launcher programs that change realmlists for you for private server use out there, so you can save those Gigabytes of HDD space by not copying and just using that. I know it exists, but I can't link it or anything because I don't use it, because I only play here and retail and haven't searched for it for many many years.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

Jiranthos
Admin

#29 » Post by Jiranthos » 08 Mar 2016 17:34

You can also try setting the realmlist to your other server on the folder you downloaded from TrueWoW and see if that other server works with our client (if it's also WOTLK 3.3.5a patch) and that way we can isolate if it's truly a network issue or a client issue.

Nymesis
Donor

#30 » Post by Nymesis » 08 Mar 2016 17:38

Jiranthos wrote:
Nymesis wrote:its nearly instant - i get the "connecting" box for perhaps a second, maybe less. perhaps i should just make a copy of the folder i use for the other server and overwrite the config.wtf & realmlist.wtf files then, if that is the case.
You can definitely try that, just for research purposes. Firstly, though, try just using your other servers folder's realmlist.wtf (change it to "set realmlist login.truewow.org") but don't touch the config.wtf file and try logging it. If it works, then you can change back to whatever the realmlist was and then copy the whole folder and just change the realmlist, if you don't want to manually change realmlists to switch servers. Note, though, that there are special launcher programs that change realmlists for you for private server use out there, so you can save those Gigabytes of HDD space by not copying and just using that. I know it exists, but I can't link it or anything because I don't use it, because I only play here and retail and haven't searched for it for many many years.
i actually did try that first, doesn't work. in fact i get a big scary "termination of service" notice - eek - when i tried it. whats even more odd tho is, several of my friends transfered here this week... they told me all they had to do was change the realmlist and all was good for them, no downloading of anything. i'm completely baffled here.