Is the Realm Offline?

Nymesis
Donor

Is the Realm Offline?

#1 » Post by Nymesis » 08 Mar 2016 15:28

I have been trying to login for about 40 minutes now but it keeps saying its not able to connect, is it offline? The server status tool says its up, but the note on the login screen says there are restarts today, so I'm confused.
“If you suffer your people to be ill-educated, their manners corrupted from birth; then punish them for those crimes which their first education disposed them, then what else is to be concluded, but that you first make thieves and then punish them.”

Jiranthos
Admin

Re: Is the Realm Offline?

#2 » Post by Jiranthos » 08 Mar 2016 15:31

Which realm are you talking about? PrimalWoW (Vanilla) or TrueWoW (WotLK)?

Either way both realms are online. I just logged onto TrueWoW with no problems.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

Nymesis
Donor

#3 » Post by Nymesis » 08 Mar 2016 15:37

I didn't realize there were 2 - True WoW. I just finished downloading the bit torrent file a little while ago. I've made a forum account and also created a game login account under the account manager, which I linked to the forum account. I launched the game from the wow.exe file but the login doesn't work - are there instructions somewhere for this? I'm getting nowhere =/
“If you suffer your people to be ill-educated, their manners corrupted from birth; then punish them for those crimes which their first education disposed them, then what else is to be concluded, but that you first make thieves and then punish them.”

Jiranthos
Admin

#4 » Post by Jiranthos » 08 Mar 2016 15:43

You have to enter your game account name where it asks for your e-mail and your password where it asks for password.

Try this thread http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=92&t=12340 to search for answers.
Also it would be helpful if you described everything in detail what happens. When you open wow.exe do you see Sindragosa landing, does it ask you to patch? Do you have the realmlist set correctly? When you enter your credentials what is the message that pops up?

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

Nymesis
Donor

#5 » Post by Nymesis » 08 Mar 2016 15:52

To avoid conflicts with any other versions of the game I have, I downloaded the full folder off this site. I'm launching from the wow.exe file that was included in that folder, with the realmlist file that also came with it - it says: set realmlist login.truewow.org

I am not using the launcher file. Yes I see Sindy landing with the usual roaring noise and the typical login screen music from WotLK is playing. I enter the account name for the game account I created, not the forum account, and the password I made. The error message states "Unable to connect. Please try again later. If the problem persists, please contact technical support."

Nymesis
Donor

#6 » Post by Nymesis » 08 Mar 2016 15:56

thank you for the link but unfortunately that thread/topic is of no help.

Jiranthos
Admin

#7 » Post by Jiranthos » 08 Mar 2016 15:57

Hmm, seems you're doing everything right then.
If you're on Windows, try opening the Command Prompt (Windows key + R and type cmd.exe and press ENTER) and in command prompt type "ping login.truewow.org" or "tracert login.truewow.org" and see if you can reach the login server.

Seems like a connection issue.

Nymesis
Donor

#8 » Post by Nymesis » 08 Mar 2016 16:11

Jiranthos wrote:Hmm, seems you're doing everything right then.
If you're on Windows, try opening the Command Prompt (Windows key + R and type cmd.exe and press ENTER) and in command prompt type "ping login.truewow.org" or "tracert login.truewow.org" and see if you can reach the login server.

Seems like a connection issue.
yes - pings fine and the tracert completed successfully

Nymesis
Donor

#9 » Post by Nymesis » 08 Mar 2016 16:13

Nephyx wrote:Hello,

also be sure your realmlist is set correctly. You can find your realmlist in: WoW/Data/enGB/Realmlist.wtf

Open it in notepad and be sure inside is only:
set realmlist login.truewow.org
If it is set like this, try to open WoW.exe and be sure that you are logging in with your in-game account name and password(the one you created inside your account manager), not forum account or e-mail.
as stated, those have been checked.
one thing I did notice tho is that the default Data folder I received is enUS not enGB - is this important?

Nephyx
Former Staff

#10 » Post by Nephyx » 08 Mar 2016 16:20

It does not matter, it is just different language version. As long as you have the correct realmlist, it should work.

Please try to also double check your config.wtf (found at "../World of Warcraft/WTF" folder) file and make sure it's also set to "login.truewow.org".
Right Conquers Might

Nymesis
Donor

#11 » Post by Nymesis » 08 Mar 2016 16:29

Nephyx wrote:It does not matter, it is just different language version. As long as you have the correct realmlist, it should work.

Please try to also double check your config.wtf (found at "../World of Warcraft/WTF" folder) file and make sure it's also set to "login.truewow.org".
ah hah - we may be on to something. there is no section in the config.wtf for login - can you please tell me what to add? here is what it currently has listed:

SET locale "enUS"
SET timingTestError "3"
SET hwDetect "0"
SET gxWindow "1"
SET gxResolution "1680x1050"
SET gxRefresh "60"
SET gxMultisampleQuality "0.000000"
SET gxFixLag "0"
SET videoOptionsVersion "3"
SET movie "0"
SET Gamma "1.000000"
SET readTOS "1"
SET readEULA "1"
SET showToolsUI "1"
SET Sound_OutputDriverName "System Default"
SET Sound_MusicVolume "0.40000000596046"
SET Sound_AmbienceVolume "0.60000002384186"
SET farclip "727"
SET specular "1"
SET groundEffectDensity "24"
SET projectedTextures "1"

I tried adding:
SET login.truewow.org"
to the end - but that didn't fix the problem. Also you may want to update your download file, since I did get the config.wtf from your downloader - assuming this is the culprit anyway.

Mortium

#12 » Post by Mortium » 08 Mar 2016 16:30

After the SET locale "enUS", type in following on new line:

Code: Select all

SET realmList "login.truewow.org"
Not sure if this will help as this is set after you login but let's try.

mcheka

#13 » Post by mcheka » 08 Mar 2016 16:30

Do you have any software such as PeerBlock/PeerGuardian running, that could block certain connections? (Although I doubt it's the case, since it probably would have blocked the ping too). Maybe your firewall is program-based and blocking your WoW.exe from opening connections?
Aurelian the Immortal
<Massive Forearms>
Danuvius of Inquisition

Jiranthos
Admin

#14 » Post by Jiranthos » 08 Mar 2016 16:32

Although you're saying your pings go through and receive answers, try adding wow.exe (that specific one in your TrueWoW WoW folder) to a firewall exception. "Unable to connect" usually means there's connection/network issues. Although it does seem strange that your ICMP requests go through. If your config.wtf file contains the line "SET realmList "login.truewow.org"" and your realmlist.wtf file contains only "set realmlist login.truewow.org" you should be able to connect.

Nymesis
Donor

#15 » Post by Nymesis » 08 Mar 2016 16:42

Mortium wrote:After the SET locale "enUS", type in following on new line:

Code: Select all

SET realmList "login.truewow.org"
Not sure if this will help as this is set after you login but let's try.
added, but still not working - same error as before :(
i cross-referenced your suggestion with how the other server I was on has it listed and it looks like you should be correct, too.