The silent minority/ 3rd party interest.

Off-topic posts of interest to the World of Warcraft community.
belendor

The silent minority/ 3rd party interest.

#1 » Post by belendor » 07 Mar 2016 18:10

As of recent events, I feel like I need to speak up for the few of us who don't want to pick sides in this drama. In my case this whole thing is tearing me apart.

Before any side claims my support for 1 faction or another, be assured I'm neutral in this whole thing and intend to stay so. Many of you I've known for years(up to 6years). Many of you have been my brothers in arms all this times, I'm looking at all the people from the 6 bane runs I did in practice for RF lk25hc.

Alot of things have happen the last few months, but could both sides just take a chill pill and let bygones be bygones? This whole situation is even more saddening than the whole eoe25 debacle.

I want a reunited HR, just like we used to be. I know this is asking alot because some wounds are to deep and certain people left us.

This is why all I ask is stop the constant cancer chat and douchebag moves, or get mad if people raid with guild a and b. If you won't do it for my sake, do it for the sake of this server. This is not encouraging towards new people.

Sincerely,
Belendor.

@gms, the moment someone starts with a cancerstorm just lock this topic. This topic is purely to express where I stand on this issue, should someone care, which I doubt due to the blind hatetred.
Belendor lvl 80 prot/holy paladin - The original

No need to mention the other paladins.

Best word in west flemish 'toetoet'

Mortium

Re: The silent minority/ 3rd party interest.

#3 » Post by Mortium » 07 Mar 2016 18:19

We don't always lock the threads, we give sometimes chances for the other parties to act in a rather mature way, to see whether they do or not. Usually it happens that they do not and that's when we simply lock it. There are situations where the OP is so provoking that we also lock the thread before someone has a chances to reply to it (if we see it in time). And just sometimes we hope that good will be brought by players expressing their feelings/emotions/opinions about certain things. Maybe not holding each other's hands but hopefully getting closer to that.

Mostly it's about how people decide to respond and with what they respond.

Just a headsup for future comments: Even though this section is Off-Topic, it doesn't mean you can go too far off-topic in specific threads.

Errorista
Issue Tracker Leader

#4 » Post by Errorista » 07 Mar 2016 18:39

belendor wrote:@gms, the moment someone starts with a cancerstorm just lock this topic. This topic is purely to express where I stand on this issue, should someone care, which I doubt due to the blind hatetred.
You can lock your own topic right?

Matsy

#5 » Post by Matsy » 07 Mar 2016 19:12

Matsy pls
Mats - Frost PVE Troll Death Knight - Retired
Matsy - Moonkin/Restoration Druid (Laz0r Chicken)
Mat - Beastmaster Orc Hunter
Matz -Retribution Paladin
Matu - Troll Shadow Priest
Bolts - Elemental Troll Shaman
Kungfu - Orc Fury Warrior
Trollage - Troll Arcane Mage
Mato - Orc Affliction Warlock
Findme - Troll Assassination Rogue

I Pity the Fool who's illogical
Friends are just people you hate the least
I reject your reality and substitute my own

shaun03

#6 » Post by shaun03 » 07 Mar 2016 19:16

Ok, I've been reading through the various threads relating to this situation (I'm only calling it that now, because if I call it what I really think it is, I'd risk having this topic locked prematurely). I am however, going, to say what I feel on the subject, and I will be blunt, and direct in my review.

Both parties, need to grow up a little. Never has there been such a desperate to seek attention from an entire community based on one group's issues. When Divinity had it's issues, they didn't go and create (MORE THAN ONE) threads on a public forum relating to it's problems. Neither did Eternity. Neither did Immortal No More. Neither did Timeless Circle (and goodness they had their drama).

You all should take a look at yourselves and how you've behaved throughout this whole thing, and realise that gaining attention through this kind of medium is not, and never will be, warranted. Goodness, you were one of the best guilds that ever called Truewow home. Yet, both factions feel as if you need to publicly disgrace what you all worked so hard to build up. You could easily resolve all this through an in-game whisper, or a private message across the forum board. Hell, you could even put a little effort into it and have a conference call over skype, or whichever communication software you used in your raids. But instead you're only validating the people's reasons as to why you'll never be taken seriously, in game, or in life.

In addition, what really starts pissing me off is when people who post in these threads are claiming that "it's bad for potential new players". Then don't effing post them in the first place.

So stop being childish, sort your shit out privately and don't bring every person that plays on the server into it.

[hide="Oh, and Belendor"]Every Empire was meant to fall
Image[/hide]
Feeling as though I've infringed your right to freedom of speech?

[hide="Yes"]Stop being so sensitive, and practice what you preach.[/hide]

[hide="No"]Good for you, your opinion wouldn't matter anyways.[/hide]

mcheka

#7 » Post by mcheka » 07 Mar 2016 19:26

Thank you Bele for your take on things as a longtime core member of both Hellraisers and the TrueWoW community, and for injecting us all with some much-needed sanity.
Aurelian the Immortal
<Massive Forearms>
Danuvius of Inquisition

benzviliran

#8 » Post by benzviliran » 07 Mar 2016 19:35

Belendor can i give you a hug ?
I am the swarm

Wilcox

#9 » Post by Wilcox » 07 Mar 2016 19:36

benzviliran wrote:Belendor can i give you a hug ?
belendor is property of wilcox drug organisation now, no you may not

good post

Jiranthos
Admin

#10 » Post by Jiranthos » 07 Mar 2016 19:51

Never accept a hug from Kerrigan, the Queen of Blades. Just ask Jimmy Raynor.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

benzviliran

#11 » Post by benzviliran » 07 Mar 2016 21:40

Jiranthos wrote:
Never accept a hug from Kerrigan, the Queen of Blades. Just ask Jimmy Raynor.
never say never
I am the swarm

Saddie

#12 » Post by Saddie » 07 Mar 2016 22:42

Hands off my bele yall :evil: and on a more serious note, about time someone would bring some sense to this whole situation, it sucks what it has come to, now, I don't expect things to get back to what they were just months back, but I hope that you all start living in peace with other, because as bele and others have already said, this doesn't affect only you, it affects the entire community and our population can't afford to keep losing players at the moment :roll:

Bluebell
Former Staff

#13 » Post by Bluebell » 07 Mar 2016 22:47

Captain Virdo/Horde - Civil War
Why join the winning side if you can change the winner?

Justicelight
Donor

#15 » Post by Justicelight » 08 Mar 2016 01:52

Well said Belendor, but there are some flaws. Altough I am a Timeless Circle original, a reunited HR is far to be happening, people quited and few people quited on some people.

From what I see happening, an average guild on a low population server (higher chances for same players to meet in raids) is slightly susceptible to look alike other guilds.

What drives a player to be in a guild?
1) Following a leader.
2) Following certain players.
3) Seeking gear leverage.
4) Socializing in relative environment.
5) Want a taste of every guild on the server (if enough alts).

Every guild have this kind of players.

Now about the conflict between the two guilds: Hellraisers and Paramount. I've seen a debate related to "Hellraisers members are leaving and joining Paramount". Well isn't this a bit weird? The more people one guild takes from the other one, the more that certain guild will start looking like the previous one, unless 3rd party people join (those players which are not in Hellraisers or Paramount).

I personally didn't like one particular thing. People, ex-Hellraisers members, how can you flag a progression in the face of your ex guild? I give the credit the original Paramount people for heroic raids kills, but ex-Hellraisers, don't forget, each Paramount's win has a contribution from Hellraisers.

So you like it or not, Hellraisers and Paramount are like Ying and Yang at the moment, constantly changing their colours. What will be the outcome of this whole "guild-war"? Zero. I can really call it "guild tug-of-war" at the moment, all this fight. Players are jumping from one side of another, unbalancing the odds, some are going "neutral", actually hurting the guild they left because of losing the good guild members advantage.
Paramount getting better = rising competition. Hellraisers keeping its integrity = increasing endurance in times of low server population..
In conclusion: Let it all go as the wind blows. Things will not settle, balance should not be created. Balance means no change, no activity, dead. Chaos is the way to go in these situations.

Every guild on TrueWow looked at some point like Divinity, Hellraisers, Inquisition, WarZone Warriors, Immortal No More, Timeless Circle, Happy Guild, FeW, Ascension and the rest of them, you must flow in same direction with our 4th dimension that brings change all the time...: time. ^_^
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."