Relying on the Forums

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
.kurthos

Relying on the Forums

#1 » Post by .kurthos » 11 Sep 2015 14:16

Currently, I've noticed most of the changes outside of the bugtracker result from a consensus opinion of the vocal few on the forums. If you want a realistic opinion of raiding guilds on any number of topics I would suggest breaking down the barriers and talking to the officers/guild masters of major guilds on skype or an IRC Channel where we can vocalize our concerns or you can bounce ideas off of us as players.

There seems to be a broken line of communication between the Developers, GMS, and guild leadership which is fine if you want to follow the same path as other private server administration, but I highly encourage if you want this community to grow, you take your focus off of only the forums and talk to the community.

Even a monthly "State of the game" type QA session could be great for the server. Could be streamed and recorded to promote the server.

Its all of our responsibilities to make this server great; give us the tools to make it happen.

Snow22

Re: Relying on the Forums

#2 » Post by Snow22 » 11 Sep 2015 14:18

Love this idea

Dungeon Dan

#3 » Post by Dungeon Dan » 11 Sep 2015 14:21

Wonderful post! I wouldn't mind chatting over Skype with the GMs in a dungeon. :tick:

Mizzalina

#4 » Post by Mizzalina » 11 Sep 2015 14:25

Thumbs up!

The lack of communication between the high-end raiding guilds and the development team is hurting the server. If this can be set up so you can get some proper feedback and as Kurthos said, use us to bounce ideas off of it would be great.

Raiding Randy

#5 » Post by Raiding Randy » 11 Sep 2015 14:28

I highly suggest this! What better than to ask the high end raiding guilds. Kurthos might have the snuffles right now, but he'll give you a talking to!

Roel
Founder

#6 » Post by Roel » 11 Sep 2015 14:57

The TrueWoW IRC channels can already be used for this: http://irc.truewow.org
I have also linked this domain although you need to add the port in that case: http://irc.primalwow.org:9090
As the website merge comes along, the external features for both servers need to be centralized in one place.

Arturo

#7 » Post by Arturo » 11 Sep 2015 16:03

+1 Kurthos I completely support this!
Rosario
Lilith
Machismo
Rosa

Mezcal
Savage

Dreadnought101

#8 » Post by Dreadnought101 » 14 Sep 2015 06:33

Prime wrote:The TrueWoW IRC channels can already be used for this: http://irc.truewow.org
I have also linked this domain although you need to add the port in that case: http://irc.primalwow.org:9090
As the website merge comes along, the external features for both servers need to be centralized in one place.
The devs dont seem to respond to iirc, the amount of people that leave/join iirc is also annoying because it takes up chat space as iirc announced when someone joins or leaves, is there a way to turn that off?
Degaris
-
A wise man once introduced me to this game "It shall protect your virginity my lad." He said...

.Sorrugis

#9 » Post by .Sorrugis » 15 Sep 2015 17:44

I completely agree with this.

The issues with blink and charge to me are a few of the largest issues I'd like to see addressed.

But I'm definitely a fan of GMs approaching the officers of a few of the progressing guilds to get an idea of what should be patched and in what priority.

gecko32

#10 » Post by gecko32 » 19 Sep 2015 21:24

Created a channel in game called DevQ&A if you wan't to ask questions specific to Development. Not To be used for admin/gm questions or gm help(Don't have gm char).

.Sorrugis

#11 » Post by .Sorrugis » 20 Sep 2015 15:36

Do developers spend much time in game? Gonna give it a try and see how it goes. If it becomes a problem channel where it gets spammed out, maybe we can reserve speaking privileges to officers and leaders of raiding guilds. Hopefully it doesn't come to that though.