Overpowered Classes in PVP

Discuss Player versus Player mechanics and tactics with both stout friends and vanquished foes from the battlefield.
.landgin

Re: Overpowered Classes in PVP

#31 » Post by .landgin » 10 Sep 2015 23:12

Prime wrote:Vanilla doesn't really offer the best balance in PvP and neither does level 60 twinking in WotLK. Obviously we want to provide the best balance but it's hard to judge what actually needs to be balanced. From what I have seen, literally every class has been declared overpowered in some way.

I am not yet sure if warlocks gain the full benefit from self healing in PvP, it's something that would need to be tested. If they do then it might be better if all classes get the healing debuff, at least in PvP.
I'm curious Prime if you tested this or just knee jerked it? Most of the healing was pet healing. we already had a healing debuff before the change. Now were sitting at 40-50 hp with drain life tic. My vanilla 60 warlock does closer to 150, never mind it can be interpreted, dispelled, silenced, ect. That leaves death coil and healthstone (both which are timers) and siphon life if the warlock is spec'd into. Not to mention it can also be displled.

Guess all the non warlocks know best.

To my friends here, I hope you guys do well, but ridiculous moves from the developers here have pushed me to where I no longer want to find time to play here.

Farewell,

Land

Exed

#32 » Post by Exed » 10 Sep 2015 23:47

I second what Land is saying. I think that Prime just decided it was a nice idea to pull a number out of the clouds and remove it from the total that warlocks heal (33% for the illiterates in here). First off, most of you fail to understand how warlocks work. The defensive abilities that warlocks have are product of the damage that is dealt and the healing that is produced in relation to the initial damage produced. To mention some examples, Drain Life, Death Coil, Siphon Life (Talent), (and another defensive ability which is Sacrifice (Voidwalker Shield)). With the damage nerf which was rolled out a couple of weeks ago, warlocks and shadow priests heal less because of the principle mentioned previously, besides the obvious damage reduction (WHICH I AGREE WITH BECAUSE IT WAS OUT OF HAND). The additional healing nerf is outrageous given that we are being "double nerfed", both by means of damage dealt which affects self healing produced and a global healing reduction apart from the damage nerf. The numbers that Land has put up are accurate and Silverheart has also tested them and obtained similar numbers (slightly more given he has more SP). On top of all of the idiotic nerfs which have rolled out, we have no dispel protection, like Unstable Affliction, making it much easier to limit our self-healing by means of dispelling Corruption.

TL:DR: Warlocks got healing reduction on top of a previous global damage reduction which basically obliterate any form of defensive ability warlocks have.

>inb4 "You can't solo the whole battleground anymore"
>inb4 "stop trolling you overpowered warlock"
>inb4 "stop crying about it"

As an additional comment to anybody entering PrimalWoW which has a mediocre aspiration to PvP: roll a direct damage class which does not have any healing abilities and you will do just fine. (Mage, Hunter, amongst others).
Last edited by minimop on 11 Sep 2015 00:00, edited 1 time in total.

Exed

#33 » Post by Exed » 10 Sep 2015 23:51

I forgot to include that Prime must take a look at Conflagrate in the destruction tree. The scaling is most definitely wrong. Guess it's time to get that destruction tree fixed up and roll a pseudo-mage.

.kurthos

#34 » Post by .kurthos » 11 Sep 2015 13:04

If your goal is to set survivability to be the same across the board, you should look at mage absorb/resists and nerf them to be in line with warlocks.

Garland

#35 » Post by Garland » 11 Sep 2015 17:57

I agree Kurthos. Mages currently have the most burst, the most CC, and the most survivability. I'm fine with the first two, as they are supposed to be glass cannons, but they should at least be able to be gibbed. The resist/absorbs are the biggest issue. It takes me 5 globals just to dispel a mage because every cast is resisted.

Shave

#36 » Post by Shave » 11 Sep 2015 18:18

I made this thread a month ago, when i wast the first to mention Frostmages, nobody cared.Anyways iam sure now, that nerfing things and buffing things will not work.

useronly

#37 » Post by useronly » 11 Sep 2015 18:33

Yes, and I was the first one to mention the imbalance of absorbs at the end of July. Do we both get rewarded?

.night

#38 » Post by .night » 11 Sep 2015 22:01

Im still lvling so i havent got into the finer details yet, but shields are flat value + sp arent they?
And using mana shield gimps yourself if you cant get away.

Also... Resist is a talent. That runs the risk of the same BS blizz goes through in pve vs pvp balance

Exed

#39 » Post by Exed » 11 Sep 2015 22:54

Why don't shadow priests get their healing reduced as well? They have the same characteristics as warlocks due when healing through dots.
Why don't mages get their shields nerfed a little bit as well? They are outscaled with the current global damage nerf?
Why do warlocks still have fear and death coil? They should be removed from the game because they break PvP.

Just a couple of thoughts for more balancing that should be done.
Fentanyl - Alliance - Warlock

.Sorrugis

#40 » Post by .Sorrugis » 16 Sep 2015 16:21

Exed wrote:I forgot to include that Prime must take a look at Conflagrate in the destruction tree. The scaling is most definitely wrong. Guess it's time to get that destruction tree fixed up and roll a pseudo-mage.
It's true. The amount of burst this tree is able to produce is quite impressive.