Use Character name as forum ID

ceh789
Donor

Use Character name as forum ID

#1 » Post by ceh789 » 26 Aug 2015 21:04

I dislike the anonymity of these forums and feel that it takes away from serious discussion of issues.

I'd much prefer displaying the highest leveled or most-frequently played character on the account. This would help us to sort out suggestions/comments to take seriously (from people who frequent the server and are known to be quality players) and which to disregard or give less merit to (from people who just started, trolls, etc.)
Fishie, Level 60 Undead Priest

.lordingmar1
Donor

Re: Use Character name as forum ID

#2 » Post by .lordingmar1 » 26 Aug 2015 21:18

ceh789 wrote:I dislike the anonymity of these forums and feel that it takes away from serious discussion of issues.

I'd much prefer displaying the highest leveled or most-frequently played character on the account. This would help us to sort out suggestions/comments to take seriously (from people who frequent the server and are known to be quality players) and which to disregard or give less merit to (from people who just started, trolls, etc.)
I agree.
Voldemorph <Vanilla Knights>

.cosminn123

#3 » Post by .cosminn123 » 26 Aug 2015 21:23

ceh789 wrote:I dislike the anonymity of these forums and feel that it takes away from serious discussion of issues.

+1
Image Wulf - Restoration Shaman

Image Tedd - Feral Combat Druid

Image Marax - Beast Mastery Hunter

Roel
Founder

#4 » Post by Roel » 26 Aug 2015 21:29

I am afraid that won't really make a difference.

People who want anonymity will create a separate forum account. We can't limit forum access for new accounts due to support requests of new players.
People who don't want anonymity will already use their character name as username at the forums. Or they will show the character names in their signature.

Foosbooty

#5 » Post by Foosbooty » 28 Aug 2015 22:22

I have 6 charactors, 5 alliance 1 horde. Which one would you use?