[Rejected] Fast Track To BC.

Ministry

[Rejected] Fast Track To BC.

#1 » Post by Ministry » 25 Aug 2015 02:26

Alright guys, let's be honest here.

Vanilla content really isn't all that on the Wrath client. It's way too damn easy and the rewards aren't really there / class/spec irrelevance is a HUGE problem in both PvE and PvP.

My suggestion is that you fast-track the Vanilla content over the course of ONE year or even 9 months, releasing things very fast - perhaps even with a half-week raid lock so that we can get on to BC content ASAP.

BC Provides good gear for all classes and specs and will remove the irrelevance of non-healing Paladins and perhaps even the other useless specs.

I've spoken to a lot of people about this today and in all honesty, most people want BC as fast as possible now because this server is getting boring and the content just doesn't require any effort / there's no real incentive to gear.

I think a lot of what made Vanilla what it was is the sheer grind you had to put into your character. The difficulty in finding dungeon groups. The difficulty in dungeons and the hours it took to do them.

Unfortunately Vanilla content on Wrath is just too quick to go through and you're just left feeling like you've completed the game in a very short period of time.

I hope you will consider this as I honestly don't think this server is going to make it to BC if it ships content this slowly. In all honesty a lot of people don't even care about gear that much anymore because of how well you can do with dungeon gear / crafted items.

.poperp98

Re: Fast Track To BC.

#2 » Post by .poperp98 » 25 Aug 2015 02:44

I'm of a different opinion. What made Vanilla great to me was getting into a raid group with 39 other raiders with the goal of being the best.

I know it's easy to get frustrated with little content, and this is the least content portion of time possible on a server like this. Be patient! ZG and Ony release in a week at which point everyone is going to be spamming their ZG lockouts for guild runs, alts, pugs, possibly even gdkp's. We're getting a lot of content all at once very soon. The new gear releases with PvP an PvE implications are also huge.

We'll be farming this for 3 months which will afford guilds a chance to prepare for BWL. Again, this is a lot of content to all release in one year.

Here's the deal; you can't fast track vanilla content. If you give us two raid lockouts a week players of every variety are going to burn out quick. Real quick. The raiding atmosphere will die off and population will only drop. Most guilds do not want to raid four days a week if they can help it. At the moment we're happy with 1-2 nights of raiding.

I know you're excited about BC raiding. I am too! It'll be awesome to go in and kick Illidan's ass again. But, as is with Vanilla, the destination is worth the wait. We'll all regret getting rushed into BC and skipping so many possible experiences.

So for now kick back, relax. Level an alt or create a toon on another server (like truewow, sister server) if you're craving more content. Participate in Corecraft beta tests if you must get that BC fix. Maybe help this server iron out some bugs by bug hunting, and actively reporting on the bug tracker if you're bored. Work on Loremaster, HK farming, arena rating on off nights. Help your guildies get geared and knowledgeable about how current and future raids work, and motivate them to hone their mechanics. I know I, personally, intend to take breaks between down swings of content release and focus on school.

Kick back, relax, enjoy the show. :)

Shave

#3 » Post by Shave » 25 Aug 2015 03:15

I have to agree with ministry here.....

Ministry

#4 » Post by Ministry » 25 Aug 2015 03:30

We're actually seeing people leave the server because of this though, which is a big problem. ( I have seen at least 120 people leave the server having been the GM of 2 guilds on this server, many of whom were high/max level).

I really am not kidding when I say there are a lot of people in our guild who have suggested a realm transfer.

It also concerns me that many friends I have made on this server are now never online except on raid day because they are now playing on other servers instead as they are too bored with PrimalWoW.

You can't grow a server if it's existing player base (who have only been there for a month for the most part) are already leaving.
Last edited by makog on 25 Aug 2015 03:31, edited 1 time in total.

.landgin

#5 » Post by .landgin » 25 Aug 2015 03:30

Nah, slow roll it and chill.

.ithril11

#6 » Post by .ithril11 » 25 Aug 2015 03:37

I'm not sure why we're being so demanding here. I agree that 2 years is a bit long for Vanilla content, but fast-tracking it to one year is ridiculous, and is too much to ask for the already stretched thin team here.

Congratulations on killing Ragnaros, but you've killed the boss in one of the easiest raid instances at any point in World of Warcraft. If the impatient folk are already leaving, then that's on them. They can go play their next hype-train server, or wait a decade and a half for other servers to get content out. We haven't seen ZG and Onyxia difficulty yet. And I'm pretty sure BWL is going to give us an ass-pounding. Just because you can roll over one of the easiest raids in the game doesn't mean we have to fast-track anything.

Just chill like landgin said, wait it out.

ceh789
Donor

#7 » Post by ceh789 » 25 Aug 2015 04:01

Better idea - lets finish up Vanilla this month, do BC next month and mail out personalized "I won PrimalWoW" t-shirts for Christmas! /s

The whole concept here is to revisit the slow roll out of content. If people signed on without reading the warning label then that's on them, and they'll be missed.
Fishie, Level 60 Undead Priest

Amalizzy

#8 » Post by Amalizzy » 25 Aug 2015 16:10

landgin wrote:Nah, slow roll it and chill.
+1 that

Cleofatra

#9 » Post by Cleofatra » 25 Aug 2015 17:04

I wouldn't be opposed to making the timeline a little quicker but TBH I am content with the current rollout. Sure everyone wants the content that they a) haven't done before b) prefer c) aren't bored after 3 weeks with... but with limited resources and a heavy, but necessary, dose of realism people will have to deal with the timeline as it is.

Personally I'm just glad that Onyxia and ZG are coming out so soon :) Gimme dem hakkar weps kthx!

Sulik

#10 » Post by Sulik » 25 Aug 2015 17:04

ceh789 wrote:Better idea - lets finish up Vanilla this month, do BC next month and mail out personalized "I won PrimalWoW" t-shirts for Christmas! /s
We could try two week TBC just to see if there is interest. :)

.cosminn123

#11 » Post by .cosminn123 » 25 Aug 2015 17:28

I agree with Ministry. 2 years of Vanilla content seems way too much and the best decision is to reduce this time at about 1 year or so. Having the TBC content out means that a lot of new people will join the server for the 2 new races - draenei and belfs, class improvements and better gear overhaul. The reason why Vanilla lasted this long is because devs were actually designing the new content and the players didn't really knew how to tackle with the new raids in order to finish them really quick.
+1
Image Wulf - Restoration Shaman

Image Tedd - Feral Combat Druid

Image Marax - Beast Mastery Hunter

Cleofatra

#12 » Post by Cleofatra » 25 Aug 2015 17:44

Well let's start a gorram fund-raiding campaign to hire the 3-5 additional developers this will take to make this a possibility. Cuz this just flat out isn't possible with the limited resources of private servers without some help.

.cosminn123

#13 » Post by .cosminn123 » 25 Aug 2015 17:49

Cleofatra wrote:Well let's start a gorram fund-raiding campaign to hire the 3-5 additional developers this will take to make this a possibility. Cuz this just flat out isn't possible with the limited resources of private servers without some help.
I'm sure some of the people who likes this server and have a knowledge in p. servers development will want to help.
Image Wulf - Restoration Shaman

Image Tedd - Feral Combat Druid

Image Marax - Beast Mastery Hunter

Cleofatra

#14 » Post by Cleofatra » 25 Aug 2015 18:09

cosminn123 wrote:
Cleofatra wrote:Well let's start a gorram fund-raiding campaign to hire the 3-5 additional developers this will take to make this a possibility. Cuz this just flat out isn't possible with the limited resources of private servers without some help.
I'm sure some of the people who likes this server and have a knowledge in p. servers development will want to help.
The problem with people making suggestions/demands/requests is typically there is no action behind it. People request faster content release but then do nothing to either build popularity, find/help fund developers, etc. I'm just saying if people are going to ask for a TWO TIMES faster release of content there will need to be real material things done to make it a possibility.

Simply saying "I'm sure people will want to help" does not cut it in reality. If you want to help start a fund-raising event/idea/what-have-you I am willing to help.

.Zsombee

#15 » Post by .Zsombee » 25 Aug 2015 18:16

As always I can't accept Ministry's suggestion. I find it absurd, that someone even has the balls to even make a suggestion like this. I always wanted to play on a server like Primal, where you can relive the glorious 6 years, and now that I have the option to enjoy it, you can be sure as hell that would like to experience it. Those who can't enjoy full progression will eventually reroll on another server, there are no chains to hold you back. Go ahead and reroll on another server.We already had so much bullshit discussions already, Prime and the GMs are surely fed up with them. Stop these suggestions, and reroll if you can't enjoy the server they way it's you supposed to be, it will be the best for everyone. That's just my advice.

Now close this suggestion, and delete it please.