Work towards increased day-to-day activity

shibli09

Work towards increased day-to-day activity

#1 » Post by shibli09 » 16 Aug 2015 19:27

I have talked with multiple people in game via whispers/group chat in regards to this and of the ~10+ people I have spoken to, they are a mix of people who want PVE only, WPvP enabled, or just dont care. But there was one thing in common that I found we all could agree on, and that was a stagnant feeling when you hit level 60 due to a lack of things to do.

I understand that Prime has come to the conclusion that for now the server will stay PvE, so I want to give some ideas and suggestions that will hopefully help increase population while increasing server activity WITHOUT enabling wPvP in any capacity.

As of right now after you hit 60 and get your full BiS gear what ends up happening is people just start to raid log. Meaning they have nothing else to do other than log on for raid and log off. I think this is a negative issue that could lead to the decline of active members on and server as a deterrence for people to join when they see low server activity during non-raid times.

Here are a few ideas that I received a lot of positive feedback from other players in-game:

1. Implementing a multitude of daily quests that offer different forms of rewards. For example, completing a dungeon you can choose of 3 rewards, Honor, Gold, or a Cache and the Cache would contain potions/elixirs/flasks for raiders to use. Dailies do not have to consist of only dungeons tho, you can implement daily BG/arena quests, or you can even implement world dailies IE: Killing X amount of Twilight humonoids in silithus to get people out into the world.

2. Implementing D2 gear. As of right now with low server population, I can not find any guilds that raid during the times I can raid. So I am stuck unable to get gear for BGs/Arena or for PvE as well because I don't have a guild to raid with. Enabling D2 gear gives gear that is close to t1 gear but can be just as difficult if not more difficult to obtain. It requires a lot of gold and skilled players in 5 mans to be able to complete them. This gives people who are unable to raid, or even those who can raid but have low DKP work towards aquiring gear without needing another 39 people. Me personally on my paladin the honor gear is complete shit so my only option is arena gear or t1 gear both of which are pretty much impossible for me to aquire so D2 gear would be an amazing option to have.

This final suggestion I wanted to make is not a suggestion of my own but from someone else in the PvP threads that were locked. Giving players a Tabard that Increased mount speed but flagged you for PvP. I think this right here would be the best option if done correctly. I think it should give increased reputation/gold looted/rewarded and mount speed ontop of that. If you pair this with the dailies where you are required to kill mobs/enemies in the world instead of dungeons/BGs this can give PvPers a valid option for World PvP WITHOUT forcing PvE-ers. If you want the slight added bonus, great you can wear the tabard but be ready for PvP. Since the dailies point people to a specific location to complete it, there will actually be PvP combat instead of people being spread out all over the world.

I am tired of leveling alts or just sitting around in a city all day. Can we come to an agreement or compromise to add mechanics/features into the game the spur more activity?

What are you ideas/thoughts/suggestions? What can be changed/improved/perfected?

TL:DR - Implement quests/features that will spur an increase of server activity and give players something to do other than sitting around and waiting for raids

themus3

Re: Work towards increased day-to-day activity

#2 » Post by themus3 » 16 Aug 2015 19:34

I don't agree with shib often but I think she has a good idea.

Blizzard took daily quests to a stupid level in Cata/Mop but having a Daily quest for BG's with a decent reward would make PvP queues pop more frequently.

Sulik

#3 » Post by Sulik » 16 Aug 2015 21:31

I don't visit these forums that often but when I do you always seem to be gung-ho about changing the server in some bizarre way to your personal liking. Is this even the game you want to play?

I don't see suggestion #1 happening since it has custom fun server written all over it. Not that there's anything wrong with that, I think the idea sounds great except for some of the rewards but I won't get into that. But I also think devs might have more important things to do and that would open the floodgates for every asinine suggestions (LOL at the tabard).

I don't mind D2 released ahead of the schedule but it won't increase the longevity. Face it, vanilla was bland and this is going to be long 2 years so get used to be bored. Have you already collected the pieces in advance? Then it's like few evenings worth of content. I think the real game here is to stretch your enjoyment over the long time and not go full speed with achis/proffs/alts/etc and burn yourself out. I've been only raid logging for the past month due to holidays and I can't wait to get back soon. Vacations aren't only for work. :D

The differences here at 60 ~BiS are that BG's are not that often (if you ignore the pre-BG era in vanilla) if that's your thing, and mandatory consu farms are at minimum in this patch. But the main difference is the constant influx of new players gave the look the world was alive when the raiders were just idling and that part is hard to replicate 10 years later.

Sylaces

#4 » Post by Sylaces » 16 Aug 2015 21:56

yep daily pvp quests is what i was suggesting too, and maybe allowing to buy more stuff with honor such as mats, plans, consumables etc

also something has to be done about those fking twinks ruining low lvl bgs, fking scumbags

saben
Donor

#5 » Post by saben » 16 Aug 2015 22:25

Sulik wrote:...Face it, vanilla was bland and this is going to be long 2 years so get used to be bored...
I don't think "suck it up" is necessarily the right answer for keeping people interested till TBC and WotLK hit, particularly when you already have some pretty active TBC and LK servers. Not saying that the listed suggestions should be implemented, but something should be done rather than nothing.
Saben - Undead Mage

.Tomerant

#6 » Post by .Tomerant » 16 Aug 2015 22:46

I can't understand how people end up being bored in WoW? Is that possible?? I always find something silly and fun to do :) Why do you people relate fun with progress? Are you playing this game for fun or progress? Maybe i'm asking too much questions...
Whatever...

Being wow player over 10 years and still I can have insane amounts of fun without asking devs to change stuff for me.
One word for you: IMPROVISE!

shibli09

#7 » Post by shibli09 » 16 Aug 2015 23:13

Sulik wrote:I don't visit these forums that often but when I do you always seem to be gung-ho about changing the server in some bizarre way to your personal liking. Is this even the game you want to play?

I don't see suggestion #1 happening since it has custom fun server written all over it. Not that there's anything wrong with that, I think the idea sounds great except for some of the rewards but I won't get into that. But I also think devs might have more important things to do and that would open the floodgates for every asinine suggestions (LOL at the tabard).

I don't mind D2 released ahead of the schedule but it won't increase the longevity. Face it, vanilla was bland and this is going to be long 2 years so get used to be bored. Have you already collected the pieces in advance? Then it's like few evenings worth of content. I think the real game here is to stretch your enjoyment over the long time and not go full speed with achis/proffs/alts/etc and burn yourself out. I've been only raid logging for the past month due to holidays and I can't wait to get back soon. Vacations aren't only for work. :D

The differences here at 60 ~BiS are that BG's are not that often (if you ignore the pre-BG era in vanilla) if that's your thing, and mandatory consu farms are at minimum in this patch. But the main difference is the constant influx of new players gave the look the world was alive when the raiders were just idling and that part is hard to replicate 10 years later.
It appears you have a personal bias against me which would make sense why your response is...welll... ill be brief.
Sulik wrote:"gung-ho about changing the server in some bizarre way to your personal liking. Is this even the game you want to play? I don't see suggestion #1 happening since it has custom fun server written all over it."
I am sorry, but this first line proves how ridiculous you are. Adding in daily quests that has you do the content thats ALREADY in the game is not making this a custom fun server, it literally just gives you additional rewards that can be used to raids, PvP gear, or money for epic mount/ dual talets. Nothing is ment to change the game AT ALL in any way shape or form.

You laugh at the idea of the tabard but prime and many others got behind this idea, it does not change any of the gameplay what so ever and it resolves the issue of PvP-ers having their PvP flag dropped off for no reason at random times when they /pvp beacuse the machanic is broken at the moment in game.

I'm sorry, so you are openly admitting that vanilla i just plain bland and that if you don't like playing boring content than just go somewhere else? I am here trying to give constructive ideas and suggestions, which by the way NONE of these ideas or suggestions were mine to begin with, to make this server not boring or bland without changing the core of the game.

None of these suggestions would impact you or anyone else in the game if you chose not to participate in it, if you want to sit around doing nothing all day or focus on other aspects of the game than go ahead, but there is nothing wrong with trying to spur server activity to help the server flourish and grow.

shibli09

#8 » Post by shibli09 » 16 Aug 2015 23:19

Tomerant wrote:Why do you people relate fun with progress?
Because the entire concept behind WoW is that progress is fun, they literally said this in the WoW documentary Looking for Group, where they discuss how the major success of wow was that people loved the feeling and idea of progress behind their characters.

...Also...We are on a "progressive" server, so maybe thats why?
Tomerant wrote: Are you playing this game for fun or progress? Maybe i'm asking too much questions...
Whatever...
Progress = fun for a majority of players, again refer to answer to your 1st question
Tomerant wrote:Being wow player over 10 years and still I can have insane amounts of fun without asking devs to change stuff for me.
This is my point exactly, its hard for people to improvise and have fun when you have no one to do it with. Some people like to play MMO's with OTHER PEOPLE, weird concept right? These suggestions will give people a common benefitial goal in doing stuff together. I'm not asking the Devs to change anything, I am merely asking them to put in really simple stuff that gives players an incentive to do stuff thats already in the game.

Here's a question for you, How do any of these suggestions negatively impact you or any other player? Please answer my question and stay on topic, I answered yours and the least you could do is answer mine. If you chose not to participate in any of the dailies that are implemented how does it hurt you? If others find enjoyment in it is it such a bad thing if they have it?

saben
Donor

#9 » Post by saben » 16 Aug 2015 23:33

Tomerant wrote:I can't understand how people end up being bored in WoW? Is that possible?? I always find something silly and fun to do :) Why do you people relate fun with progress? Are you playing this game for fun or progress? Maybe i'm asking too much questions...
Whatever...

Being wow player over 10 years and still I can have insane amounts of fun without asking devs to change stuff for me.
It is pretty common for fun to equal progress in games. That is why games most games have achievements, stats, levels, different tiers of things, etc.
Saben - Undead Mage

.Xaqshnr

#10 » Post by .Xaqshnr » 17 Aug 2015 02:04

I think these are great suggestions for the most. Personally I feel the D2 set should wait until originally planned, but that's just my opinion and I wouldn't be upset if it is released early in an attempt to stimulate population.

The daily quests I think are also a great idea but there has to be a balance in the amount rewarded. The reward you suggested I think is great as long it's not so much that players do dailies solely for their flask/potions/gold, but also not so little that players see as just a time sink and not rewarding enough for the time spent.

Combining the daily quests with a "PvP Flagging" tabard would definitely help the world PvP. Anyone here play on a PvP server for the Isle of Quel'Danas? Having a tabard enable PvP is a great idea and not just for the dailies, especially if it is added to the Tabard vendors in each major city for a few silver coins. I do however feel that it if any extra benefits are added to the tabard beyond auto flagging, it should only be reputation for the PvP factions. If you start adding increased reputation with all factions and increased gold looted/rewarded then the PvE players may start to feel "left behind or forced to PvP" so they can receive the extra world rep/gold from wearing it.

+1 on the suggestions Shib!

ceh789
Donor

#11 » Post by ceh789 » 17 Aug 2015 02:20

I think the overall goal here is a good one. Having a reason to log in every day keeps our server stats healthy which will in turn contribute to ongoing population growth.

I'm not against the addition of simple dailies - things along the lines of the daily dungeon run dailies in BC/LK and/or the BG of the day. I think it would increase participation in BGs as well as give existing/geared 60s additional incentive to continue running dungeons with newer players that they might otherwise leave behind. I would be leery of truly custom content like creating a new form of token reward or novel quest concepts since it could be a pretty slippery slope.

I am strongly in favor of seeing a plan for release of solo/small group content that is currently being held back. We have a rough planned outline for Raid releases and I think solo/small group content deserves the same - off the top of my head I can think of:
> Fishing Contest!!!
> Darkmoon Faire ticket (neck) & deck (trinket) quests
> T0.5 quest chain
> Silithus summonable bosses
> Cenarian Circle badge turn ins for gear
> Argent Dawn badge turn ins for gear

There are also several upcoming holiday events that provide a fair bit of solo/small group stuff so I'm sure the development team is spending time on that as well.
Fishie, Level 60 Undead Priest

.landgin

#12 » Post by .landgin » 17 Aug 2015 03:29

Tl:dr, Ps, love shib.

.Sorrugis

#13 » Post by .Sorrugis » 17 Aug 2015 04:30

themus3 wrote:I don't agree with shib often but I think she has a good idea.

Blizzard took daily quests to a stupid level in Cata/Mop but having a Daily quest for BG's with a decent reward would make PvP queues pop more frequently.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Anything that will get more pvp rolling gets a +1 from me.

EbonTopaz

#14 » Post by EbonTopaz » 17 Aug 2015 11:23

I don't think implementing D2 gear at this point is a good idea, seeing how it's (in some cases) more powerful than the Molten Core gear.

As for the special tabard that gives you certain bonusses but flags you for PvP, I can't help but feel that it sounds like an unfair deal. I mean, if the PvP players want PvP, why not just flag themselves on for PvP without the tabard?

The introduction of daily quests does sound like a good idea, however. Having a variety of hunting, dungeon and PvP daily's will give players an incentive to explore other areas of the game, and it might make both the world and PvP a bit more lively. I'm all for it.

.Tomerant

#15 » Post by .Tomerant » 17 Aug 2015 11:38

How do any of these suggestions negatively impact you or any other player?
You do realize you are playing wotlk server with ultimate progression timeline, NOT vanilla wow nor you will play original tbc server when we hit that content?
You read TrueWoW forums ever? (you should, it's same server, same rules, same staff. Primal exists cuz TW people came up with the idea)

If you answered this as "no" I understand why you post such ideas.
Staff here is completely against anything that's custom. Yes, xfaction exists but it's necessary evil (even tough, i don't think it is anymore). Only things they are willing to change are some minor mechanics in game such as number of players required to start bg, some rdf tweaks like xfaction grouping etc etc...
According to what I can read on TW and here, they will never add something like your 1st suggestion. You can already forget about that.

About second suggestion, it's gonna be released when we hit 1.11.1. content.
Correct me if i'm wrong but we are at 1.5. content pack now.

Embrace the fact that current content is based around MC stuff just as it was back than. Bland boring dull... that's why I cba to level another 60 and do same stuff again. I've been trough that, saw all it has to offer more than once. I decided to improvise and do something I never did before. Trust me, I'm having a time of my life here on Primal.