Shaman loot for alliance raids

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
manoroar

Re: Shaman loot for alliance raids

#16 » Post by manoroar » 15 Aug 2015 13:28

Yes I'm partially trolling. Because if you've got an issue like this you PM people in power and have a private conversation. I feel like this already happened and he didn't like the response so I'm going to say what those people likely wanted to say but couldn't because they need to be Politically Correct given their status in the community.

Shaman_Union

#17 » Post by Shaman_Union » 15 Aug 2015 13:30

Hello, Oprah Windfury here once again to relish in the hate of my clients enemies.

You sent your petition in to the Overlords and they have deemed the request not worthy. If they reverse their decision that would mean incredibly large amounts of work for them in order to fulfill the request of every raid. I can easily claim there are no paladins in a raid and try to get the terribly itemized T1 transformed into the vastly more useful and effective Shaman T1. In addition if a raid intends to exploit this, the GM would then have to try and dig through logs to prove certain things wrong/right. It's a bundle of no-no. Either a: have a shaman pay you large sums of money just to sit there and take the gear, or b: continue to shard it as those shards will come in handy later.

My clients also wish to say this: This is NOT a Vanilla server. This is NOT a Wrath server. This is a amalgamation of the two and as such there are going to be things that you don't like. It's a shame you don't want Shamans in your raid. My clients are cool guys.
Last edited by Guest on 15 Aug 2015 13:31, edited 1 time in total.

razmattaz

#18 » Post by razmattaz » 15 Aug 2015 13:31

manoroar wrote:Yes I'm partially trolling. Because if you've got an issue like this you PM people in power and have a private conversation. I feel like this already happened and he didn't like the response so I'm going to say what those people likely wanted to say but couldn't because they need to be Politically Correct given their status in the community.
you can read minds too? :shock:

Shaman_Union

#19 » Post by Shaman_Union » 15 Aug 2015 13:32

Razmattaz, my clients would like to offer you a prescription to ease your anxiety around Shamans.

It's called: ShamWoW. It's a very effective medicine that nearly eliminates all fears of Shamans!

razmattaz

#20 » Post by razmattaz » 15 Aug 2015 13:35

Shaman_Union wrote:Razmattaz, my clients would like to offer you a prescription to ease your anxiety around Shamans.

It's called: ShamWoW. It's a very effective medicine that nearly eliminates all fears of Shamans!
I have no fears of shamans friend, been out on dates with a few, just something about the elements doesn't float my goat

Analya

#21 » Post by Analya » 15 Aug 2015 14:28

For those who are actually either ADHDish or suffering from some other kind of mental illness and can't read the whole post, let me sum up our question in one sentence. We ask if we can get the reloot because we want to experience true Vanilla raids with all of it's limits and yes we all know that this is not Blizzlike or true Vanilla server. No one asked for removal of shaman loot from ally loot table so stop being butthurt about it.

sijuan

#22 » Post by sijuan » 15 Aug 2015 15:12

manoroar wrote:Yes I'm partially trolling. Because if you've got an issue like this you PM people in power and have a private conversation. I feel like this already happened and he didn't like the response so I'm going to say what those people likely wanted to say but couldn't because they need to be Politically Correct given their status in the community.
Simply try to read full post, if your mental girth allows you to. But since you seem incapable of doing it, let me break it for you:

We do not ask for removing cross faction. If you fancy doing anything that is possible just because it is possible, go ahead, do it. However do not force others who want to explore harder ways of doing it, to go your way. If you can reward your loot to anyone who is in your raid, we just want same for us, and that would be achieved by re-rolling any shaman (in our case) t1 that dropped for us into something else (random). Make note that any other guild from horde, who want to do same what we do should get paladin t1 re-roll. This is not affecting your loot table by any means, if you want to have paladins and shamans in your raid you will still have equal chances of getting shaman/paladin loot.

I hope this is clear enough for you.

.landgin

#23 » Post by .landgin » 15 Aug 2015 16:06

Protip: take a shaman and stop bitching.

.Enderos

#24 » Post by .Enderos » 16 Aug 2015 05:41

So, I'm going to wade in here as someone who hasn't raided Vanilla content, so some of my thoughts may be off. Please excuse them if they are.

Shaman drops on an Ally loot table seem, to me, to be equatable to a Hunter(or warlock or priest, etc.) drop when you opted to not bring one to the raid.

I can see the furor over "shamans=paladins", etc. but if you have the OPTION to bring a shaman and don't(for any of the reasons listed above this post) it was still your choice: You didn't have a shaman in the run.

As long as the server remains involved in cross-faction runs that is the option available to you.

saben
Donor

#25 » Post by saben » 16 Aug 2015 05:50

Thane wrote:Back in Retail I raided with a Horde Guild when the final patch before TBC was implemented, we were still farming MC for better gear before attempting BWL. We were unlucky enough to have two Paladin items drop from a boss and so we ticketed a GM about them who agreed that it was unfair that we should be getting loot we couldn't use, so he swapped the Paladin items to Shaman ones.
You must have gotten a very understanding GM because that was not the case for anyone on my server. That shit got turned into a Nexus. It wasn't unfair because RNG is RNG and it happens to everyone. Horde guilds got pally drops, Alliance guilds got shaman gear.

You are can choose to not bring a shaman/paladin if you want. But this server allows you to do it. You aren't penalized because you can't bring a member of the opposing faction to the raid. You are penalized because you choose not to.
Saben - Undead Mage

Analya

#26 » Post by Analya » 16 Aug 2015 06:34

It's not about whether we have a choice, it's simply our decision not to use classes that wouldn't be available if crossfaction wasn't implemented on this server. In Vanilla you never had an option to bring shaman in the raid, and even with "it's available" doesn't really mean much.

I mean, i am aware that this is a wrath client and that there are certain limitations, also that this is a private server with limited population and that you might need a horde player to fill in that spot but...you know, you can bring a class that is not horde only to fill in that spot. I mean, if we are meant to have shamans, we would be able to roll space goats and no one would object.
I did fool myself thinking that this server will be as Blizzlike as possible and that was simply my fault but some Vanilla like values got me to think that.

Anyway, this is my last post on the subject, we as a guild won't use them till TBC comes out, what the rest of you do it's your own business. I can still hope that population will start to grow and that this crossfaction abomination will cease to exist once when instances that really matter, AQ40 and Naxx open.

On that note, i am really hoping that Prime and the rest of admins are making the plan on how to advertise this server. There are so many options that are totally free and that can bring more people on this server.

Heised

#27 » Post by Heised » 16 Aug 2015 13:19

Mixed raid and crossed faction were supposed to be a temporary solution to low population.

Now, facts are that we got enough player to switch to faction raid only. That's what Mystic is organizing perfectly in the best way you can imagin.

An other fact is that Dev tend to bring back the amazing progression of the game through 3 expansions. Therefore, the easiest way is trying to emulate a vanilla, then a BC server on a 3.3.5 patch.

This is a big deal, and we cannot afford tiny reflection restricted to "deal with it, it's not vanilla, it's woltk".

We need to work out this issue together if we want to bring back the feeling of the vanilla content raid.

Norma
Norma
<Mystic>

Tweaker

#28 » Post by Tweaker » 16 Aug 2015 14:59

this is wotlk not vanilla

ceh789
Donor

#29 » Post by ceh789 » 16 Aug 2015 15:25

it is fairly transparent to draw this line in the sand exactly where you got raid loot you couldn't use.

Does your raid consist solely of players who leveled up and got their dungeon gear without RDF? Without xFaction grouping? Do you refuse to use crafted items made by Horde players? When you buy things from AH do you make sure they're farmed & sold by alliance only? Do your Human & NE priests refuse to cast Fear Ward and Devouring Plague? Do your Humans refuse to use EMFH?

I could go on, but the fact is that you're trying to pick and choose which non-vanilla features are ok and which aren't and then to top it off you're getting sanctimonious about it. Just shard your EF drops and go on with your lives.
Fishie, Level 60 Undead Priest

Tweaker

#30 » Post by Tweaker » 16 Aug 2015 15:29

ceh789 wrote:it is fairly transparent to draw this line in the sand exactly where you got raid loot you couldn't use.

Does your raid consist solely of players who leveled up and got their dungeon gear without RDF? Without xFaction grouping? Do you refuse to use crafted items made by Horde players? When you buy things from AH do you make sure they're farmed & sold by alliance only? Do your Human & NE priests refuse to cast Fear Ward and Devouring Plague? Do your Humans refuse to use EMFH?

I could go on, but the fact is that you're trying to pick and choose which non-vanilla features are ok and which aren't and then to top it off you're getting sanctimonious about it. Just shard your EF drops and go on with your lives.
this