[Rejected] Use original vanilla experience values

Apathetic

[Rejected] Use original vanilla experience values

#1 » Post by Apathetic » 13 Aug 2015 06:43

Many will probably dislike this idea but I'll throw it out anyways. Since the server is currently capped at lvl 60 content, I thought it'd be cool to use the original vanilla XP to level values, which can be found in http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Experienc ... -2.3_Table.

Especially with the several azeroth quests added during tbc that we have on the server, I don't think it'll be impossible or nearly even difficult to reach level 60 with these rates by questing, especially with the existence of RDF. At the moment you can skip several areas and still manage to have quite a few green quests while leveling up if you take most of the quests you see.
Parallel

saben
Donor

Re: Use original vanilla experience values

#2 » Post by saben » 13 Aug 2015 07:11

One of the big perks of this server are the quality of life changes blizz made in TBC and more-so in WotLK, and I think one of them in particular I really enjoyed was the xp nerf. It still takes a good amount of time for those casually leveling to see tons of quests, explore different zones, and RDF as well; however, it isn't a 3 week grind for those that just want to get through it and get to the good stuff. If you start changing the rates now you are going to get a huge gap between those currently playing and those just joining the server, where those currently raiding will a weeks, if not months more farming content than those who have to level up still.

If this was implemented from the start, I think I could have sucked it up because everyone else would have too. If they change it now, it just seems like you are punishing players for not joining the server in the first 2 months.
Saben - Undead Mage

.roodypoohero

#3 » Post by .roodypoohero » 15 Aug 2015 22:08

I would at least get rid of the RDF, it's cancer and part of what helped ruin WoW in the first place.

Sylaces

#4 » Post by Sylaces » 16 Aug 2015 17:23

roodypoohero wrote:I would at least get rid of the RDF, it's cancer and part of what helped ruin WoW in the first place.
absolutely no, with rdf atleast i can alternate between questing and dungeons, pretty much nobody wants to ever form groups even tho we are on the same fucking quest, they want to play alone, rdf also lvls faster, considering how slow and boring it is i'd go insane if i had to lvl only through questing, removing rdf would hardly be an incentive

.Tomerant

#5 » Post by .Tomerant » 16 Aug 2015 18:41

you are very deluded if you think you are playing vanilla wow... seriously :P

Dreadnought101

#6 » Post by Dreadnought101 » 17 Aug 2015 00:38

Just think of this server almost like a fun-server where EVERYONE is a level 60 twink ~_~
Degaris
-
A wise man once introduced me to this game "It shall protect your virginity my lad." He said...

Nemirex
Donor

#7 » Post by Nemirex » 17 Aug 2015 00:49

think again.

kronic

#8 » Post by kronic » 19 Aug 2015 15:14

Dreadnought101 wrote:Just think of this server almost like a fun-server where EVERYONE is a level 60 twink ~_~

What do you mean by that? I'm new :|

pippin

#9 » Post by pippin » 20 Aug 2015 21:19

kronic wrote:
Dreadnought101 wrote:Just think of this server almost like a fun-server where EVERYONE is a level 60 twink ~_~

What do you mean by that? I'm new :|

Every other servers try to be fun by being blizzlike. While here the server tries to be blizzlike by being fun. Hype

Roel
Founder

#10 » Post by Roel » 03 Oct 2015 19:35

Rejecting this because most people come for the WotLK experience and really wouldn't agree with this. If you really want to do all quests at the appropriate level, there is always the option to temporarily disable your EXP every couple of levels.