Admin stance on using exploits

Cleofatra

Admin stance on using exploits

#1 » Post by Cleofatra » 08 Aug 2015 17:12

I was just wondering if there is an official position on what action (if any) will be taken for people exploiting in raids. I know sometimes things are bugged and people don't mean to exploit, that is not what I am referring to. Say for instance I found a way to split pull Garr adds, make a boss not attack, or other game breaking mechanics... Will there be any disciplinary action taken by admins to prevent this type of abuse? Will action be taken if proof is provided that someone is willingly exploiting?

Kindzadza
Former Staff

Re: Admin stance on using exploits

#2 » Post by Kindzadza » 08 Aug 2015 19:09

Probably a 3 day ban if reported and depending on the abuse. Sometimes it would be a warning and sometimes a direct ban. :)

mogra

#3 » Post by mogra » 10 Aug 2015 04:12

Lol a 3 day ban. You can freely exploit every raid reset and be banned on your off days. A+

Lilian

#4 » Post by Lilian » 10 Aug 2015 05:32

Seems fair enough for me.

Roel
Founder

#5 » Post by Roel » 10 Aug 2015 09:18

mogra wrote:Lol a 3 day ban. You can freely exploit every raid reset and be banned on your off days. A+
3 day bans are usually given on first offenses. Doing that every week will get you a permanent ban pretty soon.

Zanmato

#6 » Post by Zanmato » 10 Aug 2015 10:50

While we know GM's do what they do as volunteer work, it would be nice to have them follow the MC raids going on, just in case.
Oh and, if they find that a kill wasnt legit, they should just delete the loot, respawn the boss, and have the group do it again, with a warning.

Have that happen once or twice and people will think twice before exploiting and maybe (hopefully) they're start reseting pulls where the boss didnt work as intended.

Here's for hope in fairplay.

Cleofatra

#7 » Post by Cleofatra » 10 Aug 2015 14:30

Zanmato wrote:While we know GM's do what they do as volunteer work, it would be nice to have them follow the MC raids going on, just in case.
Oh and, if they find that a kill wasnt legit, they should just delete the loot, respawn the boss, and have the group do it again, with a warning.

Have that happen once or twice and people will think twice before exploiting and maybe (hopefully) they're start reseting pulls where the boss didnt work as intended.

Here's for hope in fairplay.
What if a GM has already witnessed an exploit and didn't do anything ;)

bbslam

#8 » Post by bbslam » 12 Aug 2015 20:26

anyone need a rez

ice4keep

#9 » Post by ice4keep » 12 Aug 2015 22:33

bbslam wrote:anyone need a rez
All of VK/Dawn does!