TBC race changes for paladins...

Newcomers of all levels are welcomed with their questions. There are always helpful and knowledgeable people ready to share some of their wisdom.
wowsheshot

TBC race changes for paladins...

#1 » Post by wowsheshot » 10 Aug 2015 18:22

Hello, I am new here and given the fact that you cannot make a Draenei/Blood elf paladins (and shaman for Draenei), when TBC launches will there be "free" race changes for paladins? I only ask this because when you truly think about it you can't make pallies or shamans for these races because they're disable currently, say if I wish to be a Draenei paladin I have to 1.) Either wait till they launch TBC then start playing here. 2.) I play my dwarf paladin and hope they give us a free character race change.

I have played on many servers and rarely do you see "FREE" race/ faction changes, and it's understandable because I can make a Draenei on their server but here that's not the case. What I propose (if this isn't something they plan on doing and in that case I am making a complete @$$ of myself) is for players that have played since the Vanilla version of this server, when TBC launches here we get "ONE" free race/ faction change for shamans and paladins. This feature will only work for these classes and you can only change to the TBC races (Blood elves and Draeneis).

I hope this isn't to forward for this subject but I wanted to go outside the normal case for my paladin on this server (which is always human or dwarf) and roll a Draenei, but like I stated you cannot currently be this race and just thought the next best thing is to offer this up for a idea. I will happily play here for the years to come and be content with my dwarf if need be but would like this to be a feature to look forward to.

This server is truly amazing and I hope to see all you in the years to come here and make wonderful memories! Thank you!

Virunus
Donor

Re: TBC race changes for paladins...

#2 » Post by Virunus » 12 Aug 2015 00:06

I obviously can't speak for anyone who makes those decisions, but I wouldn't expect a free race change, no. It would be one thing if they started the server how it is now and then decided to accelerate things and released TBC tomorrow, as that would be unexpected. But as it is now, you'll be playing your horde shaman or alliance paladin for around 2 years before TBC releases. You know when its coming.

Start voting. Start saving your web points. It won't take anywhere close to 2 years to get enough points for a race change, which is effectively free.

Roel
Founder

#3 » Post by Roel » 12 Aug 2015 10:17

Virunus wrote:Start voting. Start saving your web points. It won't take anywhere close to 2 years to get enough points for a race change, which is effectively free.
This. 1 month of active voting is already enough to change race. I believe only those willing to help at least that much deserve a "free" race change. Blizzard doesn't even give free race changes when they release new races.

wowsheshot

#4 » Post by wowsheshot » 12 Aug 2015 12:33

Don't worry, I will begin voting this isn't my main server yet I am treating it as my second main server so at the very least I can vote to help out. I have a strong policy to not spend money on private servers 1.) being is that I am waiting for people to get back to me on jobs but never get replies, so I have no money coming in and what little I have I can't spend on video-games. I have considered donating to servers when I started making money regularly but only a little here and there of course. 2.) I honestly despise people who donate to win and have quit many servers for this reason, but I know that isn't the case here and feel it will probably never be. (at least I hope so)