Population and X-faction chat

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
.Tomerant

Population and X-faction chat

#1 » Post by .Tomerant » 07 Aug 2015 22:47

Just wondering how big population needs to be so you could remove this nonsense called X-faction chat?
I assume it's probably cuz of 40 man raids, since TW has even smaller population nowdays and doesn't have X-faction chat.
Server which I'm coming from has TW's population, no x-faction chat and yet 40man raids are happening twice a week.

I find myself making separate tabs to avoid trolls in human skin, but they eventually end up trolling even in lfg chat. I'm not ignoring them cuz of trading and sometimes grouping.
The only "safe" chat appears to be trading, but it's not even used for it's purpose due to lack of moderation lately.
Cept that auto broadcast I haven't seen much being done to stop spamming world chat with literally everything.

If anything makes me leave this realm it's gonna be this poisonous community.
I can't immerse myself into this game with such chat...
I hate being able to understand alliance, its just not what I'm used to.
If i'm in minority I'll accept the fact that stuff wont change and move on (here or other realm, maybe TrueWoW /shrug)... but amount of trolls and "you noob - me pro" talks in bgs while fighting is really REALLY annoying...

Stay well any game in peace /bow

Long story short: How big population has to be to cancel x-faction chat?

Nemirex
Donor

Re: Population and X-faction chat

#2 » Post by Nemirex » 07 Aug 2015 22:52

I support this and so does Chuck Norris

adimsamuel

#3 » Post by adimsamuel » 07 Aug 2015 22:59

dude i think this realm will never go 500+ any more. i know many pvp players left recently. i guess the only way for this server to reach like 1k people is turning to pvp. but their devs are so against it and deleted pvp topics. this dudes don't listen thier community. this way this good server will unfortunately die. while wod sucked so hard now there are many private servers around. this dudes could stole many pvp players from nost, cos they have arena but they just wanna stack with 300 ppl and raid to death lol.

Roel
Founder

#4 » Post by Roel » 07 Aug 2015 23:13

It's hard to tell when certain cross-faction features will be removed. Total population doesn't really matter for raiding, the number of level 60s does. Any older server will have a higher percentage of level 60s. Currently cross-faction channels are important for raid leaders to fill their raid with players of the opposite faction. When you don't want to see world chat, you can just leave it until it's better and report anyone breaking rules.
adimsamuel wrote:dude i think this realm will never go 500+ any more. i know many pvp players left recently. i guess the only way for this server to reach like 1k people is turning to pvp. but their devs are so against it and deleted pvp topics. this dudes don't listen thier community. this way this good server will unfortunately die. while wod sucked so hard now there are many private servers around. this dudes could stole many pvp players from nost, cos they have arena but they just wanna stack with 300 ppl and raid to death lol.
Such depressing thoughts is what causes players to leave. It's normal to see a slight drop and then balance out after such a hype, we still have many years ahead of us to gain population at a normal speed. We're having a good start in terms of population for such a new server.

.chillbill

#5 » Post by .chillbill » 07 Aug 2015 23:27

Tomerant wrote: If anything makes me leave this realm it's gonna be this poisonous community.
I can't immerse myself into this game with such chat...
Picking up your point here, it wouldnt be half as bad if there was more moderation in the global channels.
The amount of profanities and trolling are through the roof, which might scare off new people trying out the server. Having said that, i personally dont mind crossfaction channels, but wouldnt miss it either.

.Tomerant

#6 » Post by .Tomerant » 08 Aug 2015 00:00

Prime wrote:It's hard to tell when certain cross-faction features will be removed. Total population doesn't really matter for raiding, the number of level 60s does
Ok, makes sense... I'll take this as : "enough 60 = no more x-faction chat"

I'll wait. Thank you.

Might aswell start using that "mutehammer" a bit... racism, religious insults, direct personal insults and all other sorts of immature behavior are major part of world chat, and it should be opposite. Such stuff should be discouraged by community while here on Primal, it's not a case. As a matter of a fact, it's good to be troll/moron/jerk/whatever. You get some sort of "reputation" of being "smart" :) Like wtf...

I understand that not everyone is 25+ here, or at least 20+. But when you slap him few times with 30mins mute he WILL change his ways.

I've been on server where even players would moderate a chat and they had no gm powers.
Community was strong enough to drive away any inappropriate behavior.
Why don't we do something like that... Why don't you just say: "Will you shut the fuck up already?" when someone says "allahu akbar" followed my name Moohamed or "black jesus" ? Why do you support such idiotism ?

Why is name Moohamed even acceptable? I find that rather insulting towards some muslim members of our server. That guy should be flagged for renaming.
Some stuff should be FORBIDDEN. full stop. period.

"You are NOT allowed to insult members of community on any level !" - done.

Moohamed: "Allahu akbar" (or any other type of mockery or insult)
Moohamed has been muted for 30mins due to violation of server's rules

And yea... i'm NOT a muslim. Will prove if you REALLY want me to and think i'm insulted cuz he mocekd my prophet or whatever.

Do some mutes, you will notice a change in less than month.

Virunus
Donor

#7 » Post by Virunus » 08 Aug 2015 00:10

Tomerant wrote:
Prime wrote:It's hard to tell when certain cross-faction features will be removed. Total population doesn't really matter for raiding, the number of level 60s does
Ok, makes sense... I'll take this as : "enough 60 = no more x-faction chat"

I'll wait. Thank you.

Might aswell start using that "mutehammer" a bit... racism, religious insults, direct personal insults and all other sorts of immature behavior are major part of world chat, and it should be opposite. Such stuff should be discouraged by community while here on Primal, it's not a case. As a matter of a fact, it's good to be troll/moron/jerk/whatever. You get some sort of "reputation" of being "smart" :) Like wtf...

I understand that not everyone is 25+ here, or at least 20+. But when you slap him few times with 30mins mute he WILL change his ways.

I've been on server where even players would moderate a chat and they had no gm powers.
Community was strong enough to drive away any inappropriate behavior.
Why don't we do something like that... Why don't you just say: "Will you shut the fuck up already?" when someone says "allahu akbar" followed my name Moohamed or "black jesus" ? Why do you support such idiotism ?

Why is name Moohamed even acceptable? I find that rather insulting towards some muslim members of our server. That guy should be flagged for renaming.
Some stuff should be FORBIDDEN. full stop. period.

"You are NOT allowed to insult members of community on any level !" - done.

Moohamed: "Allahu akbar" (or any other type of mockery or insult)
Moohamed has been muted for 30mins due to violation of server's rules

And yea... i'm NOT a muslim. Will prove if you REALLY want me to and think i'm insulted cuz he mocekd my prophet or whatever.

Do some mutes, you will notice a change in less than month.
They do mute. And apparently the report spam function actually works now. Use it when appropriate and mutes get handed out automatically, AFAIK. There's also a forum on here to report players, use that for stuff that right click -> report doesn't cover.

All I'm saying is they do mute and hand out punishments, but a GM is not on 24/7, so don't just sit there and whine that people aren't immediately shut down when they're being toxic, report them.

Nyeriah

#8 » Post by Nyeriah » 08 Aug 2015 00:24

Can't mute everyone for everything. Can't mute players for what some *might* consider toxic. That matter is quite subjective. If a GM is going to step up and mute players every single time they *might* have insulted someone then it won't get long until the moderation itself becomes toxic.

The report spam feature is indeed encouraged at most cases for it's convenience (it files a report with the violator's name and the line being reported). But as well there's the /ignore feature that can be used if specific users start being a bother to you.

Additionally for these reports such as names you can open a ticket and we'll be looking into it. At this time we haven't received any report about any player named Moohamed.

Soulman

#9 » Post by Soulman » 08 Aug 2015 00:25

Cross faction chat doesn't bother me. With a small community it helps keep things from feeling dead during low hours.

As far as some things being forbidden in regards to a characters name, Muhammad is a regular name. Literally nothing wrong
with making a pun out of a normal name. Unless it is universally offensive or vulgar regulation is not needed.

There are much more "offensive" character names out there right now.
Viviane 60 Orc Hunter 300/300 Dragonscale LW

.Tomerant

#10 » Post by .Tomerant » 08 Aug 2015 00:42

He is tauren... hence the Moo. His behaviour while being online is clearly stating the name's purpose, mockery.
You don't relate important religious individuals with damn cows.
http://www.primalwow.org/armory/charact ... =Moohammed

But is he not the point of this topic anyway. He is barely online. I just gave an example using his char and name.
We got bigger problems, which will be solved when we get more 60s, hopefully.

Close this pls, everything is said anyway.

Nyeriah

#11 » Post by Nyeriah » 08 Aug 2015 01:00

I have warned the player Moohammed about the religious remarks. Closing now as requested by the original poster :)

Regards.