Druid cat form specifics?

Talarthalon

Druid cat form specifics?

#1 » Post by Talarthalon » 06 Aug 2015 12:37

Hey guys, I played a lot of Druid in retail but there have been so many changes I can't remember how things used to be.

I just want to know how the Cat Form numbers are calculated. The tooltip says cat form increases my attack power by 40 (i'm level 20) plus agility, whereas bear form increases attack power by 30. However, in cat form my attack power is only 6 points higher than in bear form. How is this number derived? I am having trouble finding an answer pertaining to this patch (we are simulating 1.5 if i'm not mistaken).
Also, what is the "plus agility" part? it doesn't seem like it factors my agility in at all to the power increase and my agility does not change based on my form.
And finally, Does the damage/DPS of my equipped weapon make any difference? I noticed my dps wasn't changing when I was swapping weapons around when shapeshifted, only when human. Does this mean I can forgo getting weapons based on damage and focus entirely on stat gains?

Thanks for reading and I hope I can get some info.

Rockmaster

Re: Druid cat form specifics?

#2 » Post by Rockmaster » 06 Aug 2015 13:29

You have to be carefull with the "simulating 1.5" thing.
All the mechanics are pretty much the same as on 3.3.5.
Only the available content/gear is limited to 1.5.
This means the stat/dmg calculation should be as in wotlk (i think there are some exceptions but not on druids afaik).
Weapon damage does not influence your cat/bear damage. Stats/procs are the most important things!

Talarthalon

#3 » Post by Talarthalon » 06 Aug 2015 16:24

Do you know if Cat Form procs on hit effects? The static 1.0 attack speed would make it pretty awesome if so.

kindri

#4 » Post by kindri » 07 Aug 2015 05:28

The weapon dps thing has been a bit confusing to me as well - wotlk feral mechanics are sort of weird when you apply them at 60.

My understanding is that in wotlk feral attack power was only added to weapons that exceed 56dps. So most weapons in the game right now are just stat sticks, though some epic raid weapons should exceed 56dps and give additional feral attack power (which is shown as +FAP on the tooltip).

Rockmaster

#5 » Post by Rockmaster » 07 Aug 2015 07:03

Yes catform does proc on hit effects.