[Rejected] [Poll] PvP or PvE realm?

Should the realm type be PvP so you can always get attacked by the other faction in neutral zones?

Yes change it to PvP so there is some more danger to leveling.
44%
Keep it PvE, however it's acceptable to convert some of the high level zones to PvP.
13%
No, keep it PvE so everyone can flag themselves for PvP whenever they want.
43%

Total votes: 567

.doctorwho

Re: [Poll] PvP or PvE realm?

#196 » Post by .doctorwho » 21 Jul 2015 13:12

Evilor wrote:
Bante wrote:
doctorwho wrote:So stop worrying and stop trying to justify why we don't have the right to want this server going PvP.
Because this is a pve realm and it has attracted crowd that obviously prefers pve environment.

Do you really think twisting and turning responses all week will make people suddenly see things your way?
This thread reminds of kid throwing tantrum at store because his/her parents refused to buy candy.

You can pick from plenty of pvp realms out there if this bothers so much. One is hosted by same devs as this one.
For the record, that quote should be attributed to Bante and not myself. But everything else was spot on. :tick:

.doctorwho

#197 » Post by .doctorwho » 21 Jul 2015 14:14

Bante wrote:All I see when I read your texts is someone so very threatened by the possibilty this server goes PvP that you are basically trying to convince us PvP'ers to shut up and forget our opinions, yet not realizing that this vote is happening, and the server you signed up for don't follow the strict PvE at all cost philosophy that you envisioned for yourself to be true.
I have no interest in censoring anyone's opinion. I'm simply pointing out that it's likely not going to change anything. As stated in the other thread:
Prime wrote:2 Months ago we already decided that it's PvE. It's not like we're still deciding about that, there was only a suggestion to change that. Suggestions like that will always exist as long as some people don't agree with something. It's already been said that there is not enough reason to change it to PvP.

There have been some good suggestions regarding the PvP flag that wouldn't affect any of the PvE players but make PvPers more happy with the situation, that would be something we can look into for the future.
Source: http://www.primalwow.org/forum/viewtopi ... 30#p172975

Zanmato

#198 » Post by Zanmato » 21 Jul 2015 15:47

I am one of those who voted in favor of world pvp in the higher level zones as i enjoy the small squirmishes here and there (not talking about ganking, but the other way around, as it's turning the encounted on your favor when you've been jumped on that's the challenging part).

But we have to be realistic and accept that it's obvious that there's a large part of the community that wishes for the server to keep it's PvE setting, and respect those oppinions. Prime will keep it that way aslong as that's what the community wishes.

Still, i think my earlier suggestion could be considered as it keeps the server's PvE setting untouched and those who still not wish to participate in any kind of world pvp, to simply keep their pvp tags disabled. Increased rates were probably a bad example and it wouldn't suit the server's profile, but it was just an example of some sort of incentive that could be given to people to flag themselves. Risk vs Reward, while not forcing anyone who does not wish to pvp, to flag themselves. Would just need to find the right incentive.

.grimdilligaf

#199 » Post by .grimdilligaf » 26 Jul 2015 18:27

Just throwing my 2 cents in, I would be satisfyed if they turned Pvp on in high level zones, IE Searing Gorge, Burning Steps, Plaguelands, Winterspring, Silithus. All the major Raid instances are in those zones, and hence the larger volume of traffic through those areas. The World pvpers (Like Myself) can have their fun, while the levelers dont have to worry about getting corpsecamped in Stv or Menethil Harbor.

Just my 2 cents.

Lyrix
Donor

#200 » Post by Lyrix » 26 Jul 2015 23:13

Keep it PVE!!! I came here because it's finally a private server wich is PVE... Would it change i am sure people would leave. :-/

Virunus
Donor

#201 » Post by Virunus » 26 Jul 2015 23:36

Lyrix wrote:Keep it PVE!!! I came here because it's finally a private server wich is PVE... Would it change i am sure people would leave. :-/
I just want to reiterate my opinion on this. I'm here for PvE as well, and while I know the choice was already made as PvE, if community member votes are ever taken into account for reevaluating that decision, its important to consider who would leave if the server type were to change.

There are obviously a large number of people who want the server to go full-on PvP. Will they stay for long anyway if it stays PvE? I do not know.

There are obviously a large number of people who want the server to stay 100% PvE, myself included. Will these folk LEAVE if the server changes to PvP? I do not know.

My personal opinion is that a player who came here for the PvE aspect, knowing its a PvE server, is more likely to bail if it changes to PvP than is the player who came here with PvP in their mind whilst knowing that its a PvE server. If the latter player wasn't okay with playing on a PvE server, they would have never came at all, yes?

But of course, thats just my line of thought. I can't speak for anyone. And yes, I know I did not address the "hybrid" option, but the same thing I've typed out here applies.

Haller

#202 » Post by Haller » 26 Jul 2015 23:47

Hi, I'm new here. I came here just for 1 reason: I was looking for a PvE server. This server is unique for many things, one of these is PvE. I'm a person that doesn't like forcing ppl doing things, that's why I support the PvE choise. You want world PvP? Fine, go outside enemy capital and flag yourself pvp on. I bet u will have the PvP u r looking for. As I said, i'm new here and i hope that i will find a nice community and will enjoy playing here but if even this server will turn PvP (as the millions out there), I will not stay here anymore.

PS: U want forced PvP? Well, there is a server made by same guys of this one that is PvP.

Peacecraft

#203 » Post by Peacecraft » 27 Jul 2015 00:08

/sarcasm on
The only downside to being a PvE server is that you don't get to experience the magnificence that is Xtreme whose glorious presence makes PvP on TW a true joy.
/sarcasm off

.Sorrugis

#204 » Post by .Sorrugis » 27 Jul 2015 17:06

At the current time 178 people have voted for PvP either everywhere or only in high level specific zones, while 138 only want it to remain PvE.

Lyrix
Donor

#205 » Post by Lyrix » 27 Jul 2015 17:17

Why did you roll on this server if you wanted pvp server? It saying clearly pve so I don't see why it should change. Want pvp server go nost or kronos or any other pvp server.

.Sorrugis

#206 » Post by .Sorrugis » 27 Jul 2015 17:22

Lyrix wrote:Why did you roll on this server if you wanted pvp server? It saying clearly pve so I don't see why it should change. Want pvp server go nost or kronos or any other pvp server.
Because this is an interesting idea that I've never seen replicated. The devs are extremely active and involved here, unlike those other sub-par servers mentioned.

Nor do I want to lock myself in a cave never to see the light of day, in order to compete in PvP. The 1.12 ranking system was awful and I'd much rather ditch my progress of 3 years on my old vanilla server for this fresh new place.

kindri

#207 » Post by kindri » 27 Jul 2015 17:38

PVE was one of the main reasons I chose to play on this realm. There are a million decent PVP servers but it's impossible to find a well scripted PVE one - please do not change it.

Trmpah

#208 » Post by Trmpah » 27 Jul 2015 17:52

I get sad everytime I think about STV, Tyr's Hand and Isle of Quel'Danas with no pvp.

I guess that's the premise, and that I will have to move on when a similar project with pvp enabled is released.

Untill then I'm enjoying myself with raidlogging and playing other games/classes. :)

Analya

#209 » Post by Analya » 27 Jul 2015 19:03

I am so happy that someone finally made a PvE server. Thank you dear lord (and Prime).

MrUrthor

#210 » Post by MrUrthor » 27 Jul 2015 20:18

Started playing here after searching the world over for a populated PVE realm. I would be very disappointed to lose this one to the faceless crowd of existing PVP servers.