Discipline

Corrinate

Discipline

#1 » Post by Corrinate » 22 Jul 2015 02:44

Hey guys, does anyone know if discipline is a viable raiding spec? Or is Holy just 8563846 times better?

Kindzadza
Former Staff

Re: Discipline

#2 » Post by Kindzadza » 22 Jul 2015 03:37

I am not sure about Vanilla, but for TBC and WotLK I think disc is slightly better, but then again it depends on your playstyle.

kontroll

#3 » Post by kontroll » 22 Jul 2015 03:43

Having raided with both (in WotLK) I can't say there's a massive performance difference, but there's a very real difference in how they feel. Right now I'm leveling with a holy spec, which I preferred back on retail, and it's going pretty fine!

That said, I haven't put too much thought into the spec; I'll have to respect at 60 no doubt. The fact that we have WotLK talents limited to vanilla "depth" does throw a spanner in the works since you can't just go and dig up a real vanilla spec and use it. XD

.conscience

#4 » Post by .conscience » 22 Jul 2015 03:49

I love Discipline. I played Disc from TBC through Cataclysm. I don't think it's viable at this point given the talent tree limitations and the way the endgame debuff is currently implemented with regard to healing output. Much better to maximize your output with the Holy tree and take the shield-buffing talents from Discipline on the side since there aren't many Disc talents available to enhance your shielding.

Biggbobb
Donor

#5 » Post by Biggbobb » 22 Jul 2015 21:19

Holy will be your friend while leveling to heal 5-mans. Once you get up to the lvl 60 5-mans, the healing debuff makes discipline (basically bubble spec) better. I went with an almost even split of the two.

mogra

#6 » Post by mogra » 26 Jul 2015 21:47

This is what I'm using http://wotlk.openwow.com/talent#bA0buhh0oZctxcc0qm because of the strength of power word shield atm. Although I feel like I never crit so inspiration is sort of wasted.

I kind of wish we could spec into improved flash heal instead of power infusion because that would pair nicely with inspiration.

Peacecraft

#7 » Post by Peacecraft » 26 Jul 2015 21:55

Biggbobb wrote:Holy will be your friend while leveling to heal 5-mans. Once you get up to the lvl 60 5-mans, the healing debuff makes discipline (basically bubble spec) better. I went with an almost even split of the two.
It sounds to me like the healing debuff needs tuning to apply to absorb mechanics as well, kind of the reverse of what was done to the ICC buff in wotlk (since initially it only boosted healing done & had no effect on absorb mechanics making Disc quite underpowered relative to other healing specs).

mogra

#8 » Post by mogra » 26 Jul 2015 22:42

Peacecraft wrote:
Biggbobb wrote:Holy will be your friend while leveling to heal 5-mans. Once you get up to the lvl 60 5-mans, the healing debuff makes discipline (basically bubble spec) better. I went with an almost even split of the two.
It sounds to me like the healing debuff needs tuning to apply to absorb mechanics as well, kind of the reverse of what was done to the ICC buff in wotlk (since initially it only boosted healing done & had no effect on absorb mechanics making Disc quite underpowered relative to other healing specs).
If they are going to try and fine tune with stuff like class balance, they need to deploy client side patches. Its already incredibly annoying that my addons that show incoming healing are completely wrong.

Peacecraft

#9 » Post by Peacecraft » 26 Jul 2015 22:47

mogra wrote: If they are going to try and fine tune with stuff like class balance, they need to deploy client side patches. Its already incredibly annoying that my addons that show incoming healing are completely wrong.
I doubt it would need a client side patch since it will the same as how the healing debuff is already implemented but inclusive of absorbs, which from the sound of things has not been included in the current iteration of the debuff.

We will just need to see what the staff has to say about this, for all we know absorbs are already affected by the debuff & no changes will be needed :).

mogra

#10 » Post by mogra » 26 Jul 2015 22:52

Peacecraft wrote:
mogra wrote: If they are going to try and fine tune with stuff like class balance, they need to deploy client side patches. Its already incredibly annoying that my addons that show incoming healing are completely wrong.
I doubt it would need a client side patch since it will the same as how the healing debuff is already implemented but inclusive of absorbs, which from the sound of things has not been included in the current iteration of the debuff.

We will just need to see what the staff has to say about this, for all we know absorbs are already affected by the debuff & no changes will be needed :).
It's obviously not needed, I'm saying that if they continue to do server side balance fixes, then addons are going to be more and more out of date and incorrect, unless they deploy client side patches.

Klick17

#11 » Post by Klick17 » 22 Jun 2017 09:36

There's Literally no use on debating on how to play the disc healer class, just give your best suggestion/recommendation about it and enjoy playing the game, no use of making the topic into how disc spec is better or worse in pve.

Rayen

#12 » Post by Rayen » 22 Jun 2017 11:25

Priest feels pretty underpowered atm compared to druids and shamans, but holy should do a better job as a healing spec. Disc works better as a tank healer or support when paired up with aoe healer.