The Future of PrimalWoW

All you need to know about the happenings of TrueWoW can be found here.
.Rustoak

Re: The Future of PrimalWoW

#16 » Post by .Rustoak » 16 Jul 2015 00:51

My only concern with this plan layout is the eventual merger or true and primal as you have stated. That basically means that all of us who play on primal will be moved into a spot that already has all content released (IE not progressive) and already has a established playerbase who have cleared said content.

Soapstility

#17 » Post by Soapstility » 16 Jul 2015 01:09

Rustoak wrote:My only concern with this plan layout is the eventual merger or true and primal as you have stated. That basically means that all of us who play on primal will be moved into a spot that already has all content released (IE not progressive) and already has a established playerbase who have cleared said content.

I pressume that this will happen when the progression has finished, when ICC has been out for a few months.

.Chasity

#18 » Post by .Chasity » 16 Jul 2015 01:21

... One day, PrimalWoW's progression will reach the end of WotLK so both realms will basically be the same. When this day comes, we will merge all characters from both realms into a single realm so nothing will be lost....

azreal313

#19 » Post by azreal313 » 16 Jul 2015 02:00

Soapstility wrote:
Rustoak wrote:My only concern with this plan layout is the eventual merger or true and primal as you have stated. That basically means that all of us who play on primal will be moved into a spot that already has all content released (IE not progressive) and already has a established playerbase who have cleared said content.

I pressume that this will happen when the progression has finished, when ICC has been out for a few months.
Exactly this, he said that they wouldn't merge until Primal has caught up to TrueWoW in progression AKA being in ICC.

Zimranf2AU

#20 » Post by Zimranf2AU » 16 Jul 2015 02:12

Prime wrote:
dayfly wrote:This means you will make the server PvP ?
Not sure why you would worry about something like this if it will take at least 5 years before the realms merge... PrimalWoW is indeed PvE at the moment and TrueWoW PvP so a choice will need to be made when they merge. This will just depend on what the community wants at that time so we can't answer this question now.

If you want to further discuss this matter, please do so in: http://www.primalwow.org/forum/viewtopi ... 11&t=15497
Just a suggestion and please forgive me for posting it here rather than the contentious PvP thread; if after Primal reaches ICC content and the servers are basically equal if you convert Primal to PvP then they're _really_ basically the same but if you leave Primal PvE then you'd have one PvP server and one PvE server. Obviously it's your decision ultimately but this seems like a simple and logical solution.

dayfly

#21 » Post by dayfly » 16 Jul 2015 15:45

Prime wrote:
dayfly wrote:This means you will make the server PvP ?
Not sure why you would worry about something like this if it will take at least 5 years before the realms merge... PrimalWoW is indeed PvE at the moment and TrueWoW PvP so a choice will need to be made when they merge. This will just depend on what the community wants at that time so we can't answer this question now.

If you want to further discuss this matter, please do so in: http://www.primalwow.org/forum/viewtopi ... 11&t=15497
You misunderstood me, I would like this server to become pvp since imo that would bring the true progression experience.

.cosminn123

#22 » Post by .cosminn123 » 17 Jul 2015 08:37

Zimranf2AU wrote:
Just a suggestion and please forgive me for posting it here rather than the contentious PvP thread; if after Primal reaches ICC content and the servers are basically equal if you convert Primal to PvP then they're _really_ basically the same but if you leave Primal PvE then you'd have one PvP server and one PvE server. Obviously it's your decision ultimately but this seems like a simple and logical solution.
Yes please! Turning Primal into a PvP server will be the best thing ever to get more people playing this, even tho this means people complaining about ganking.
Image Wulf - Restoration Shaman

Image Tedd - Feral Combat Druid

Image Marax - Beast Mastery Hunter

Virunus
Donor

#23 » Post by Virunus » 24 Jul 2015 23:32

Is there any ETA on when this will happen?

Nyeriah

#24 » Post by Nyeriah » 24 Jul 2015 23:38

Virunus wrote:Is there any ETA on when this will happen?
What exactly do you refer to?

Roel
Founder

#25 » Post by Roel » 25 Jul 2015 11:19

Virunus wrote:Is there any ETA on when this will happen?
Merging of the websites? It can still take quite a while as it was announced long beforehand. Currently it's not of great priority to get this done sooner so it will be done in small steps at a time.

Virunus
Donor

#26 » Post by Virunus » 26 Jul 2015 02:30

Yes, I was asking about the website merger. Thank you.

Irvin

#27 » Post by Irvin » 27 Jul 2015 05:02

What if my name is already taken on the opposite server, since you plan to combine both when they both reach the end of the patches.

.Abcess

#28 » Post by .Abcess » 27 Jul 2015 05:06

Irvin wrote:What if my name is already taken on the opposite server, since you plan to combine both when they both reach the end of the patches.
You're talking about something that is literally years in the future. Just relax mate and enjoy the ride. These things will be addressed if and when the time arises.

Roel
Founder

#29 » Post by Roel » 27 Jul 2015 10:43

Irvin wrote:What if my name is already taken on the opposite server, since you plan to combine both when they both reach the end of the patches.
If you are still actively playing by then, you will keep the name.