Blood Elf & Draenei... maybe?

Should Draenei and Blood Elves be implemented?

Yes, but of course, horde need a more fabulous class!
41%
Hell no, it would ruin everything! The vanilla nostalgia, gameplay, etc.
36%
Sure, why not, give me those space goats.
13%
I don't care, they can rot for two years.
10%

Total votes: 317

dr4g0onz

Blood Elf & Draenei... maybe?

#1 » Post by dr4g0onz » 30 Jun 2015 13:14

Hello!
Found this server very interesting and was just curious what the dev team stands regarding implementing the Draenei and Blood Elf races?
I personally am a blood elf fanboy and it is the only reason I would be willing to join the horde (:|), since I notice ingame that there is a balance issue in factions, this might be a solution.

Since we're on the 3.3.5a client I believe it could be something unique and a shame to have to wait 2-3 years for it. I don't think it would change the vanilla gameplay that much, Horde would gain pally and Ally shamans (don't know if it is a pro or con).

It would give us the opportunity to get the achievement for loremaster and explorer (except for eastern kingdom's Quel'Danas lol).

Please discuss

EDIT: please go to this thread and cast your vote one last time: http://www.primalwow.org/forum/viewtopi ... 23&t=16556
Last edited by Guest on 29 Aug 2015 19:01, edited 6 times in total.

Roel
Founder

Re: Blood Elf & Draenei... maybe?

#2 » Post by Roel » 30 Jun 2015 13:18

Technically it's possible, we will see what people think about it.

dr4g0onz

#3 » Post by dr4g0onz » 30 Jun 2015 13:22

Thanks for your reply Prime!

Nyeriah

#4 » Post by Nyeriah » 30 Jun 2015 13:46

I'm a belf fangirl and every of my chars ever since tbc were belf boys and I already said before that the only reason why there's faction imbalance is that we don't have blood elves :D

Still, I think having the elf/draenei zones will sort of turn down the vanilla mood, so I think they'd be better put on hold for now. Maybe at some point later in the progression, don't know.

.Xannidel

#5 » Post by .Xannidel » 30 Jun 2015 13:56

As much as I WANT to play a Blood Elf, I am perfectly fine playing my Horde toons until BC content is unlocked for everyone. It would not make much sense to be raiding MC/AQ40/etc with Draenei/blood elves running around as well.

Renon

#6 » Post by Renon » 30 Jun 2015 15:39

It isn't a bad idea to give those race's as I myself would instantly switch to Dranei :P but there is one big problem. VANILLA didn't have ally - shamans horde - paladins, if it was given to us in vanilla it would be like you see in Molten Core perfectly easy raid cause we have BoK, auras, and totems which bosses on Vanilla weren't invented for, since it gives TOO MUCH stats boost. If this specific classes were disabled for Vanilla content to this race's it would be perfectly fine with me.

Cleofatra

#7 » Post by Cleofatra » 30 Jun 2015 15:41

^ What Renon said.

ceh789
Donor

#8 » Post by ceh789 » 30 Jun 2015 16:06

Renon wrote:VANILLA didn't have ally - shamans horde - paladins, if it was given to us in vanilla it would be like you see in Molten Core perfectly easy raid cause we have BoK, auras, and totems which bosses on Vanilla weren't invented for, since it gives TOO MUCH stats boost.
We already have both though with crossfaction?

I'm pretty indifferent on the question - I could take em or leave em.

One upside not mentioned so far is it would make Loremaster achievements a little easier - EK was super tight on Horde side. I also don't think the 1500 quest achievement is achievable for Horde right now - my by count I'm going to top out around 1450. There are also a ton of achievements that require some sort of interaction with each race (pvp kill 1 of each race, event achievements etc) So opening these zones would be something nice for achievement chasers.
Fishie, Level 60 Undead Priest

Renon

#9 » Post by Renon » 30 Jun 2015 17:56

ceh789 wrote:
Renon wrote:VANILLA didn't have ally - shamans horde - paladins, if it was given to us in vanilla it would be like you see in Molten Core perfectly easy raid cause we have BoK, auras, and totems which bosses on Vanilla weren't invented for, since it gives TOO MUCH stats boost.
We already have both though with crossfaction?

I'm pretty indifferent on the question - I could take em or leave em.

One upside not mentioned so far is it would make Loremaster achievements a little easier - EK was super tight on Horde side. I also don't think the 1500 quest achievement is achievable for Horde right now - my by count I'm going to top out around 1450. There are also a ton of achievements that require some sort of interaction with each race (pvp kill 1 of each race, event achievements etc) So opening these zones would be something nice for achievement chasers.
Yes, we have now because of crossfaction, but remember it will be disabled when more population will reach the server, so there will be none anymore.
As for achievement I am also a chaser but, I can wait BECAUSE I am patient enough, learn that skill then you will be awesome like me in that regard ^_^ <sarcasm>

dr4g0onz

#10 » Post by dr4g0onz » 30 Jun 2015 18:38

The poll look splitted and with option 1 and 3 it is barely ahead.
It seems like some people wish to have them but are still a little uncertain.

For Prime&Devs, is it possible to disable Shaman/Pally for the equivalent race?

I can't really find a solid con for not bringing them in.
It's not like it will be a big difference if it is a human pally or a draenei one imo, or a undead mage vs blood elf one.
It will surely solve the faction imbalance.
Certain achievements will be possible, (that you otherwise would have to wait 2 years for?).
In the end it is mostly an aesthetic change that would be made to the game and not gameplay (if Sha/Pally are disabled) as far as I know.
Still I find it a shame to not have them when we have the possibility with a 3.3.5a client, had it been any other version like 1.12.1 it would be out of reach.
We already have small non blizzlike changes like rdf, this one wouldn't hurt right?

But that is just me, and its only been half a day, we shall see.

Huggies

#11 » Post by Huggies » 30 Jun 2015 19:07

#splitfactions

^_^

Ohanzee

#12 » Post by Ohanzee » 30 Jun 2015 19:15

It won't kill people to wait for TBC.

edit: However, I don't think it would kill us to have the races enabled now either.

Sulik

#13 » Post by Sulik » 30 Jun 2015 19:52

NO to belves now! Let them ruin Horde in TBC!

.diredarknil

#14 » Post by .diredarknil » 30 Jun 2015 20:03

One possible solution is to enable Belves and Draenei but have them start in the existing zones and leave theirs locked.
Another is to enable them but leave Belf Paladin and Draenei shaman disabled.

Personally I and my friends would switch to horde, but I'd rather be a paladin, so I'm all for belves and draenei

adolphjlj123

#15 » Post by adolphjlj123 » 01 Jul 2015 01:53

just no. people really need to stop making suggestions that break progression.