Server Crashing 2x each 5 minutes WTH !?!?!?

narcissa

Re: Server Crashing 2x each 5 minutes WTH !?!?!?

#46 » Post by narcissa » 19 Jun 2011 19:46

Coreofthesun wrote:He says he is annoyed by the "reason of mutes", he wants no mutes for bad language towards other players (just towards mods/admins is ok), no mutes for bad words which the word filter censores anyway, only mutes in "extreme circumstances". He is also accusing mods of power abusing and wants a "change of policy" (muting policy).
Last line from him was "if they are willing to change the policy, they will get back to me"
That's by far one of the most stupid things I've ever heard.

PS to who is annoyed by the server crashes, stop whining and find either another private server or join blizzard or find another way to spend your time. This has nothing to do with defending staff or whatsoever, but it's really stupid complaining about things that go wrong in a free server. If you like it with the ups and downs good, if not see above.

Roel
Founder

#47 » Post by Roel » 19 Jun 2011 19:49

Coreofthesun wrote:I whispered the hacker in-game and had a brief conversation with him (when he was on his Chuulnn char).
He says he is annoyed by the "reason of mutes", he wants no mutes for bad language towards other players (just towards mods/admins is ok), no mutes for bad words which the word filter censores anyway, only mutes in "extreme circumstances". He is also accusing mods of power abusing and wants a "change of policy" (muting policy).
Last line from him was "if they are willing to change the policy, they will get back to me"
I have a few screenshots of this conversation if you don't believe this, even though I have no reason to make this up.
I know about it, he also talked to a mod. I don't really like the idea of giving him what he wants, I would rather make him unable to cause more crashes.

Tuffeyy

#48 » Post by Tuffeyy » 19 Jun 2011 19:51

Dont give him what he wants, as soon as he starts getting his own way he will just demand something else >< I would rather the server disconnect then letting him get his way

Zutt

#49 » Post by Zutt » 19 Jun 2011 19:53

Exactly ! No nagotiations with Terorists :twisted: .

Besides in a way he is helping with bug testing :lol: .

malloo

#50 » Post by malloo » 19 Jun 2011 19:57

i would agree with that hacker
most mods are just idiots and really abuse their power with unreasonable mutes and so
roel u should demote alot of mods on the server

Axxo

#51 » Post by Axxo » 19 Jun 2011 20:18

Well Post them!

narcissa

#52 » Post by narcissa » 19 Jun 2011 20:20

mods are on the same line as roel, so either you like it or not. if you can't stand them avoid them, if you can't avoid them leave the server. I myself don't have respect for most of people in here but that doesn't keep me from playing nor i need to fight. if it ruins my game i leave, i don't crash the server to get attention. obviously whoever he is it's just a kid that doesn't know what to do to spend his free time, nothing to praise. go fight where there is a real cause to fight and real changes to be made if you feel so rebel, not in some random free server in a random game.

malloo

#53 » Post by malloo » 19 Jun 2011 20:27

narcissa wrote:mods are on the same line as roel, so either you like it or not. if you can't stand them avoid them, if you can't avoid them leave the server. I myself don't have respect for most of people in here but that doesn't keep me from playing nor i need to fight. if it ruins my game i leave, i don't crash the server to get attention. obviously whoever he is it's just a kid that doesn't know what to do to spend his free time, nothing to praise. go fight where there is a real cause to fight and real changes to be made if you feel so rebel, not in some random free server in a random game.
quote from jesus ? :lol:

narcissa

#54 » Post by narcissa » 19 Jun 2011 20:58

avest wrote:quote from jesus ? :lol:
don't think so, i'm an atheist =)

bigbangnet

#55 » Post by bigbangnet » 19 Jun 2011 23:37

I agree the mutes are exagerated but I also agree with the rules too. There are some kids connected here that are not even 18 so having a gm, mod or anyone with enough power to mute and tell them to not curse is fine by me. I invite it anyway.

I didn't start swearing when I was a kid and I dont really swear in public. It should be the same in a chat room. For those that are adults I dont think it should be a problem. I think the problem would come from teens and ages that goes down from there... cause they don't usually like authority figures. Well if that's going to filter those immature idiots out...so be it.

Anoth
Former Staff

#56 » Post by Anoth » 20 Jun 2011 01:32

Ok if The Terms of service are Legally Binding which i would think they were, he is disobeying them. Therefore is he not breaking contract and legal action can be taken. Lol i know thats a bit far but still am i right?

Shmoo

#57 » Post by Shmoo » 20 Jun 2011 07:02

bigbangnet wrote:I agree the mutes are exagerated but I also agree with the rules too. There are some kids connected here that are not even 18 so having a gm, mod or anyone with enough power to mute and tell them to not curse is fine by me. I invite it anyway.

I didn't start swearing when I was a kid and I dont really swear in public. It should be the same in a chat room. For those that are adults I dont think it should be a problem. I think the problem would come from teens and ages that goes down from there... cause they don't usually like authority figures. Well if that's going to filter those immature idiots out...so be it.
Not to mention, the need to feel 'mature' in using what is normally called 'mature language'. Anonymity is a nice shield to hide behind.
Shmoo: 80 Druid
Icedmilk: 80 Death Knight
Milkbubbles: 80 Paladin

Stray

#58 » Post by Stray » 20 Jun 2011 09:14

I blame the Mages and Paladins for crashes personally. :D
https://github.com/TrinityCore/TrinityC ... 965feb9a03

Ctrlaltdel

#59 » Post by Ctrlaltdel » 20 Jun 2011 09:58

Stray wrote:I blame the Mages and Paladins for crashes personally. :D
https://github.com/TrinityCore/TrinityC ... 965feb9a03
blame us pallies for the crashes all you want Stray considering the server has never crashed even once when i use Divine Illumintation with my 2p T10 bonus

Fenris

#60 » Post by Fenris » 20 Jun 2011 11:49

[iBlame]: Matsy.

Nuff' said.
Fenris - the ultimate tank

The angels sang out... in an immaculate chorus
And down from the heavens... descended Chuck Norris