[Rejected] Skinning and LeatherWorking

bigbangnet

[Rejected] Skinning and LeatherWorking

#1 » Post by bigbangnet » 20 Jun 2011 00:00

I'm a new guy in this server and I truly like it. I introduced my wife as well here and she likes the server too. That said, I noticed some things that could need some tweaking that could benefits in multiple facets inside the game which I think lots of people would agree.

Before I start to tell me problem I need to give some facts and information first. When you gather herbs and mine in wow, you get more than 1 material per cycle or session. In other words, you gather herbs 1 time and you could get 3 earthroot. Same thing with mining. To my knowledge, you can get x4 materials with mining...and sometimes herbs.

With skinning, nope. It's always x1. You skin a beast. You only get 1 light, medium or any other leather. Very rarely I saw more than 1 leather per beast.

Consequences: leather products and/or materials prices are very high...when its not suppose to be "that" high.

Solution: increase drop rate for skinning only. Not asking a lot just x2 would be enough. This would reduce the farming. increase supply and eventually decrease inflation a bit..if not help it a lot.

note: its the only profession that I know that is very very long to gather materials because of the drop rate.

example: the prices may vary but thick leather in packs of 20 should be around 18g. With rugged leather it was around 75g and low as 50g some days ago. The knothide leather was around 85g las time i checked... As you can see, supplies are low lol.

Kraith
Former Staff

Re: Skinning and LeatherWorking

#2 » Post by Kraith » 20 Jun 2011 00:51

We don't change the world in any way that makes it unblizzlike. A lot of people take mining/skinning or herb/skinning while leveling so the market should be fine for demand.
Kraith - RIP Maelstrom - 80 Troll Huntard
Retired GM, Inactive from game/forum

bigbangnet

#3 » Post by bigbangnet » 20 Jun 2011 01:20

You should take a look at prices. It's increasing and it's not stopping. This is where the supplies are not enough from what I can see.

I dont think it will be unblizzlike if you go ahead with those changes. I rather think it should balance that profession compared to others if you ask me.

imi

#4 » Post by imi » 20 Jun 2011 01:33

Its basic economics supply and demand, once the prices raise to a certain point, more people will start skinning which will in turn lower the prices. Economy in WoW is a very cyclical system.

bigbangnet

#5 » Post by bigbangnet » 20 Jun 2011 03:56

Not exactly true. People could take advantage of the situation. I've seen it many times. I'm actually seing it right now in the AH. People can hold off at a certain point at their "wares" and sell them when its very high. I'm seen it many times

Kraith
Former Staff

#6 » Post by Kraith » 20 Jun 2011 06:03

bigbangnet wrote:Not exactly true. People could take advantage of the situation. I've seen it many times. I'm actually seing it right now in the AH. People can hold off at a certain point at their "wares" and sell them when its very high. I'm seen it many times
What you just said is exactly:
imi wrote:Its basic economics supply and demand, once the prices raise to a certain point, more people will start skinning which will in turn lower the prices. Economy in WoW is a very cyclical system.
Buy low, sell high. It's capitalism and it rocks. ;)
Kraith - RIP Maelstrom - 80 Troll Huntard
Retired GM, Inactive from game/forum

Crypta

#7 » Post by Crypta » 20 Jun 2011 17:53

You get only 1x leather cuz you kill alot of beast while leveling so i don't see a reason to complain i used to gather more Leathers than ores.

Dunn

#8 » Post by Dunn » 23 Jun 2011 15:56

bigbangnet wrote:You should take a look at prices. It's increasing and it's not stopping. This is where the supplies are not enough from what I can see..
I wish I could go to the Auction House you're going to ;) . I considered dropping skinning as a profession, since I got ridiculously little gold for stacks of light leather. Copper bars, on the other hand...

There are way more beast mobs in world than mining ores / herbalism spots.

Erdna

#9 » Post by Erdna » 01 Jul 2011 13:59

Also, one should note the (skinnable) beast vs mine ore and herb ratio:
3 beasts = 1 mining ore or herb
3 leathers = 3 coppers of herb

The reason why skinning only has a 1 leather per beast ratio, is because there are more than enough beasts to skin, where there be one mining ore in the vicinity, thus evening itself out.
Basic math.

Mithrandir

#10 » Post by Mithrandir » 13 Jul 2011 13:51

Pretty obvious, this is. Skinning DOES sometimes (Yes, on rare occasion, it is) give more than one material, but don't forget that the amount of materials you can get for skinning is much much more, due to there being MUCH more mobs that can be skinned around than you'll find certain nodes.. :D