"Raping people" not allowed?

visoma

"Raping people" not allowed?

#1 » Post by visoma » 25 May 2011 04:30

I got mute on 1 hour because I "raped people"? First of all, it's personal stuff if i rape people or not.... =) but it's really not mutable. I asked a mod before if i can say this in world chat and he said something like "yes but its not good". Please unmute me now, I will not "rape people" anymore =)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/84 ... 42316.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/54 ... 42310.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/57 ... 42306.jpg/

And don't lock the topic rite away, leave it be for some time =)

Kraith
Former Staff

Re: "Raping people" not allowed?

#2 » Post by Kraith » 25 May 2011 05:05

visoma wrote:I got mute on 1 hour because I "raped people"? First of all, it's personal stuff if i rape people or not.... =)
Disturbing thing #1
but it's really not mutable. I asked a mod before if i can say this in world chat and he said something like "yes but its not good".
You obviously didn't ask the mod that muted you.
Please unmute me now, I will not "rape people" anymore =)
No. Disturbing thing #2

There is a difference between

Code: Select all

"we got raped in that BG"
and

Code: Select all

"I raped your families :D" & "but I like to rape."
Disturbing thing #3. Seriously.
Kraith - RIP Maelstrom - 80 Troll Huntard
Retired GM, Inactive from game/forum

Intervention
Former Staff

#3 » Post by Intervention » 25 May 2011 05:10

What the hell? Whatever mod condoned you to even think the word rape could be said in that context on world or even said at all should be demoted.

And Kraith's quotes are perfectly legitimate reasons to mute you. If you only said it once then yeah, warning...but c'mon..
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

Felnight

#4 » Post by Felnight » 25 May 2011 05:25

I muted Visoma. He had a warning. I thought I had taken screenshots, as I have learned its best to take them when muting people, but I can not find them. Oddly enough, his screenshots dont show the warning. But he had a warning, and continued. His comments were in no way related to 'raping people in battlegrounds' or the like. It was stated as seen. He made 3-4 comments about 'Rape' / 'Raping'.

Visoma, is a repeat offender. Numerous warnings for many things. He knows the rules. He just refuses to follow them, and complains 'Abuse' When he is caught and punished.

Intervention
Former Staff

#5 » Post by Intervention » 25 May 2011 05:43

I will keep an eye on him then.
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

OkweL

#6 » Post by OkweL » 25 May 2011 06:46

Felnight wrote:Visoma, is a repeat offender. Numerous warnings for many things. He knows the rules. He just refuses to follow them, and complains 'Abuse' When he is caught and punished.
This is judgement made by you while you shouldn't ever do such judgements. Your job is to keep chat clean and peaceful, regardless how often someone is abusing it. If you meet someone who constantly break chat rules, PASS issue to GMs. It has been said zillion times. You are not the one to judge players activity on chats.

I am starting to see how Mods are "working" here. They just think and take their "Moderator" status as final one. They don't understand (and mainly NOONE else around) that Mod rank is partially a HALF way to earn a GM rank (let's say some kind of a trial, but given to those who "we" trust"), which is the final and most needed on every private server. You just act like "I am Moderator, that's fine, and I will stay as Mod forever...". That is totally wrong. Either ask for demotion/don't even apply for a Mod or make your goal to become a GM. If someone stays as Moderator for longer than 6 months then it means also something. IMHO he must have some really good own private reasons to not be active enough to become a GM here. But apparently all of you are missing this point...

-EDiT-
PS. You miss the point that basic ranks are player -> Game Master (GM) -> Owner. The "Moderator" status is to somehow know player if he is good enough for a GM, and Admin rank is something between a GM and owner. It's obvious that you will never get full access to server/database/files itself but if you prove you are worth "admin" rank, you gain some options that are not available to GMs "just in case". And that means that even current GMs shouldn't stop in making themselves better. But the way how often someone becomes a Mod and how they live with their rank makes me think that they completely miss their status on this server. :? There is not much in summary but:
- muting depending on mood/personal judgements
- in case of complains, hiding behind "rules" in general and waiting for support from other staffers, espacially GMs
- sending any kind of complaing directly to forum, EVEN if they are not worth to mention on forum but they are related to how "staff" works.

It's kinda sad that we "achieved" this point. Especially after reading "personal pictures" topic I thought we have (actually @Roel had) chosen some really great people to manage our community. Regardless age, gender, social status (like laborer, student etc.) or whatever else. After all I am thinking that @Universe wasn't the worst at all. And his permaban wasn't the best idea. Permaban = hackers, cheaters, spammers, abusers. He went many times out of line but definately he wasn't abuser. Maybe he was the one who needed someone above him to control his actions (maybe like me). Currently everyone on alliance side is doing whatever "he/she" thinks is right, excluding GMs (so far :P ). That's why there are so many topics about mute/ban complains on forum. Go back and look trough the past year, when I mainly alone have been forcing chat rules in really hard ways (ask Chuppa, Winged and others). I've been the one who actually forced to split trading from /world, even @Roel wasn't fully accepting this idea, but it worked. Today we have more or less clean world and clean trading channels as they are supposed to be. I had personally less complains (from so many different players) during my whole activity) than other staffers all toghether during past months. I agree that population raised but still. EVEN Chuppa (cheers :) ) didn't complained on forum.

I know it's kinda long post but since I asked for demotion (I still hope it will be temorary as there are many people worth to "work" for), I realized how things for normal player changed in "our" WoW. @Roel is accepting almost all actions taken by Staff. That gives you a large boost in support and mainly pushes you to think that you are "like Gods", because even owner himself is supporting you. In many cases it shouldn't happen, often he does not post any reply in some "complain" topics just in case, but NONE of existing Mod/GM realized that. It shouldn't be said on public but noone of you understand why sometimes there is not a single reply from a server owner himself if regarding to "his" own crew. Are you really so stupid or blind to miss that? Come on...

And now probably topic goes off-topic... Just forget comments, think and try to be more impartial. Less complains on forum will be a sign that "something" has changed.
Last edited by OkweL on 25 May 2011 07:33, edited 2 times in total.

Hoeaholic

#7 » Post by Hoeaholic » 25 May 2011 07:11

Clicker... :P

narcissa

#8 » Post by narcissa » 25 May 2011 09:49

This is the wrong thread to post something like this Debi, it was actually one of the few times that I totally agree on the mute, I would go for ban 1 day or 2 actually, as I think that "rape" shouldn't be used even on gaming things, not to mention the trolling of this guy. You make a fuss about not saying things that could offend someone, and you really don't how severe is talking about raping.

godatifor

#9 » Post by godatifor » 25 May 2011 09:53

I agree narcissa =)

visoma

#10 » Post by visoma » 25 May 2011 11:02

But I didn't know I'm not allowed to rape ... I'm just kidding, is funny word in english to "rape people" so i use it in a joke... that mod Gokmal told me it's nothing serious if I say it, is not illegal.

P.s. - I thought it's really not something illegal, I already got mute on 1h so its pretty big. Won't happen again. =(
Last edited by Guest on 25 May 2011 11:08, edited 1 time in total.

Warpath

#11 » Post by Warpath » 25 May 2011 11:07

word ''rape''' is allowed. Raping your familys is not.

visoma

#12 » Post by visoma » 25 May 2011 11:09

Are you kidding me??? Wth? So now if I rape you I'm free of prison but if I rape someone else from family I get ten in prison??? Just close this topic, Ill not repeat it.

visoma

#13 » Post by visoma » 25 May 2011 11:17

P.S. (sorry for double posting) I think mod's name (who told me that raping is not good but allowed) is Patregis, Gokmal's second name I think.

Tuffeyy

#14 » Post by Tuffeyy » 25 May 2011 11:53

There is an "edit post" button you know. That way you edit your first post instead of double posting, and I think what Warpath means is the context you put it in. Saying your going to "rape" someone is offensive, however if you said "we got raped in that BG" is found not to be offensive. That's my opinion anyway.

Cover25

#15 » Post by Cover25 » 25 May 2011 13:51

Tuffeyy wrote:There is an "edit post" button you know. That way you edit your first post instead of double posting, and I think what Warpath means is the context you put it in. Saying your going to "rape" someone is offensive, however if you said "we got raped in that BG" is found not to be offensive. That's my opinion anyway.
This, If we just lost a AB 200 to 1600. Id say we got raped. Not Im going to rape you in your sleep, That is Disturbing.
visoma wrote:P.S. (sorry for double posting) I think mod's name (who told me that raping is not good but allowed) is Patregis, Gokmal's second name I think.
They shouldnt Have Said that. If your going to "Rape Someone" Then, warn them at first. if they keep it up, Mute them. Though there's always two sides to a story, id like to hear Pats/Goks. Imo, that was very Childish and stupid to Say that Visoma. Grow up, and be mature.