About the guys who mute in the world chat

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
pancake

About the guys who mute in the world chat

#1 » Post by pancake » 13 Apr 2011 14:25

Hi i am pancake i am wrote this topic because the guys who mute in the world chat are like Nazis
first i wrote down 2 words Wsg and one guys muted me for 1 h
are you insane :evil: i wrote a ticket and the gm said to wrote down this topic
no warnings for the reason was Wrong chat
is that a reason to be mute 1 h i dont see anyone to use lfg it is pointless ...... if you dont use it and some confused guys also get mute even if they dont know stop being retards and start doin your job RIGHT !!!!!
Or mute for 5-15 mins not for 1 h ................ i hope someone will do something

Intervention
Former Staff

Re: About the guys who mute in the world chat

#2 » Post by Intervention » 13 Apr 2011 15:24

I always mute for 1 hour minimum.

In saying that, when someone uses the wrong channel i warn them twice, on the third time i mute them. If the next day, or coming days they still use the wrong channel i give him them only one warning and then mute for still, 1 hour (60 minutes).

Moderators should confront the player first before muting about inappropriate use of channels in case there is a channel bug or a simply one time slip.

But really, just take the mute. I am almost sure the mod who muted you muted you after asking you to use the appropriate channel. I can't prove that or anything, you posted no screens.
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

Warpath

#3 » Post by Warpath » 13 Apr 2011 18:51

your ''I am wrote this'' is epic.

pancake

#4 » Post by pancake » 13 Apr 2011 19:26

you are over reacting insane trying to prove something in the game .... 5 mins is long enought and most of the people use the world chat for everythng what you mute 5 lvl dude who is joining the server ? ....

Warpath

#5 » Post by Warpath » 13 Apr 2011 21:24

Pancake, there is something u need to understand. You arent getting anything with this useless topic. That 1 hour allready passed, its GONE. 1h isnt the end of world.

Rassidan

#6 » Post by Rassidan » 13 Apr 2011 21:58

Warpath wrote:Pancake, there is something u need to understand. You arent getting anything with this useless topic. That 1 hour allready passed, its GONE. 1h isnt the end of world.
Not to support Pancake - although I feel sympathy - but why should there be words such as "reform" and "modification" when mistakes should be ignored since they "already happened"?

and it's not nice to make fun of someone for his/her grammar mistake :D

Winged

#7 » Post by Winged » 13 Apr 2011 23:22

It's funny seeing Warpath pointing out others grammar mistakes (I think we all know why). Now, well, a simple solution would be either don't talk at all through any public channel or faction-change to Horde :D, almost every moderator in the Alliance I feel very sorry for, abusing of their 'power' to harass people and mute some for even a week for a slip up, or just simply to mute you for no reason or out of own boredom, or even sometimes they think they're Jesus, your opinion doesn't count (that's just about how annoying and smucky they act) and you have to shut the hell up otherwise you get a full whole one month-mute. It's very pathetic the way almost all of them act. It would be nice if just SOME, SOME not all of them only had the power to mute people, a lot of the times it's just unfair, /sigh

The situation at the Alliance is so bad, I want to freaking switch all my alts. to Horde now (that much I regret every day now for faction-changing them all at the very first place), being muted for a week for no reason just because some stupid wanted to isn't exactly what I came to do here. Something has to be done about this, I firmly think, and I'm pretty sure A LOT of people'd agree with me.

And again, it's not about me complaining, or him complaining or GRAMMAR MISTAKES, it's about most of those people that were assigned to moderate the game abusing of their privileges over others, PERIOD.
Last edited by Guest on 14 Apr 2011 00:04, edited 2 times in total.

narcissa

#8 » Post by narcissa » 13 Apr 2011 23:52

Since server owner thinks swearing at mods should instantly lead to ban, I don't think there's really anything to do, accept it or leave are the options. I tend to avoid any meeting with mods, although if I see something I never shut up, but I don't care about being banned. Those who care, keep it shut =D

Winged

#9 » Post by Winged » 14 Apr 2011 00:09

Just my point of view, Jolene. Trust me, I don't want anything to do with our super five stars moderators except with the ones I'm already friends with, just had to say that out loud, take it easy yall'.

Intervention
Former Staff

#10 » Post by Intervention » 14 Apr 2011 02:43

Some mods just shouldn't be mods. Server rules shouldn't change, the specification to become one should.

This topic is pointless anyway.
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

OkweL

#11 » Post by OkweL » 14 Apr 2011 06:00

pancake wrote:you are over reacting insane trying to prove something in the game .... 5 mins is long enought and most of the people use the world chat for everythng what you mute 5 lvl dude who is joining the server ? ....
5 mins? Nice joke. :lol: However you have point. I very rarely mute low level characters. They are new enough to maybe miss the point of LFG channel. But I can assure you, that LFG channels works fine, and people are using it.
Winged wrote:and mute some for even a week for a slip up, or just simply to mute you for no reason or out of own boredom, or even sometimes they think they're Jesus, your opinion doesn't count (that's just about how annoying and smucky they act) and you have to shut the hell up otherwise you get a full whole one month-mute.
Not true, and you know that. Mods are not allowed to mute for such long periods.

Guided

#12 » Post by Guided » 14 Apr 2011 09:57

Intervention wrote: This topic is pointless anyway.
Yeah, better join my mute topic (notipc: Xavia) and make xavia appologize to me for the false mute ;) (jk)

Arnoxis

#13 » Post by Arnoxis » 15 Apr 2011 18:38

Winged you couldnt of said that better xD

I find the story also quite exreme muting someone for 1 hour for wrong chat without warning is actually quite like a nazi would do - no offense im german i must know how nazis act.

Vaati
Banned

#14 » Post by Vaati » 15 Apr 2011 23:51

Intervention wrote:Some mods just shouldn't be mods. Server rules shouldn't change, the specification to become one should.
I agree completely with that statement.
Biscuit - Level 80 Arms/Fury Warrior (Horde)
Bisquick - Level 80 Feral Druid (Formerly Narcissa's) (Horde)
Bisquit - Level 80 Elemental/Resto Shaman (Horde)
Biscadin - Level 80 Retribution/Holy Paladin (Horde)
Bisclock - Level 80 Affliction Warlock (Ally)
Bisc - Level 80 Shadow Priest (Ally)
Biscation - Level 80 Retribution/Holy Paladin (Ally)
Formerly known as Patregis - Undead Rogue
Roel wrote:What's wrong with your brains?

OkweL

#15 » Post by OkweL » 16 Apr 2011 05:27

@Arnoxis, you are german and you have no idea what "nazi" is. Go back and learn history.