[Rejected] Please increase the respawntime on mobs?

MadarAlFakar

[Rejected] Please increase the respawntime on mobs?

#1 » Post by MadarAlFakar » 06 Jan 2016 17:18

This server does not have a problem of too many people doing the same quest and killing mobs of other people. :P In fact in most cases a lone player does not have time to clear a cave and get out in peace. By the time I reach the center of it, the mobs at from the entrance start respawning and then I have to fight them on my way back again or even I don't rech the end of the cave and they already spawn right behind me to kill me (and of course in the first case I can't be bothered to do since it's not much fun so I try to run past them and get killed xD). :/
I ask that the respawn speed is toned down; anyone agrees? :P
Last edited by MadarAlFakar on 06 Jan 2016 17:20, edited 1 time in total.

Fastor

Re: Please increase the respawntime on mobs?

#2 » Post by Fastor » 06 Jan 2016 17:20

No, that is same as giving x2 rating on drops, xp and others.

MadarAlFakar

#3 » Post by MadarAlFakar » 06 Jan 2016 17:21

Fastor wrote:No, that is same as giving x2 rating on drops, xp and others.
No it isn't. :P

benzviliran

#4 » Post by benzviliran » 06 Jan 2016 17:25

MadarAlFakar wrote:
Fastor wrote:No, that is same as giving x2 rating on drops, xp and others.
No it isn't. :P
i kinda agree with fastor, but honestly it wont be blizzlike doing so+thats the first time i hear someone complaining about monsters "too fast respawning" i am playing in here for a while and lvled couple of 80s and never had such problem, maybe you afk too much each time you kill one or spend too much time doing nothing, really i would rather get them spawning faster xd.
I am the swarm

Doctor_J
Developer

#5 » Post by Doctor_J » 06 Jan 2016 17:32

for a lot of mobs on retail the respawn time is in fact lower than on tw, on retail some mob will respawn before the corpse of previous spawn has disappeared and some quest mobs it is common to find two corpses of named mob as well a alive one in same spot.

Also some areas have dynamic respawn times whereby the more players in that area killing mobs the faster they respawn.

and ye it is common for a specific named mob to respawn in like 30 seconds, mobs where there are mulitple generally a little more like 2-3 mins

makerofpeace

#6 » Post by makerofpeace » 07 Jan 2016 21:17

How about instead of the respawn timer you fix the drop rate of some quest items? I've been playing on and off on this server ever since the Bloodcraft merge and there still are plenty of quests where you have to grind tens of mobs to get the items needed. I am fairly certain WotLK retail never had this problem.

benzviliran

#7 » Post by benzviliran » 07 Jan 2016 21:23

makerofpeace wrote:How about instead of the respawn timer you fix the drop rate of some quest items? I've been playing on and off on this server ever since the Bloodcraft merge and there still are plenty of quests where you have to grind tens of mobs to get the items needed. I am fairly certain WotLK retail never had this problem.
you are probably talking about quest items that really should have about 1% or less chance to drop quest items and thats how it should be.
I am the swarm

makerofpeace

#8 » Post by makerofpeace » 07 Jan 2016 21:26

benzviliran wrote:
makerofpeace wrote:How about instead of the respawn timer you fix the drop rate of some quest items? I've been playing on and off on this server ever since the Bloodcraft merge and there still are plenty of quests where you have to grind tens of mobs to get the items needed. I am fairly certain WotLK retail never had this problem.
you are probably talking about quest items that really should have about 1% or less chance to drop quest items and thats how it should be.
No, I am not.

Doctor_J
Developer

#9 » Post by Doctor_J » 07 Jan 2016 21:34

At the beginning of Wrath of the Lick King Blizzard implemented what is known as Progressive Loot which was resolve the issue of players getting frustrated trying to get a quest item.

Basically when you have a quest for a item the more creatures you kill that should drop that quest item the drop chance increases until you get the item.

That has not currently implemented by Trinitycore

makerofpeace

#10 » Post by makerofpeace » 07 Jan 2016 21:38

Doctor_J wrote:
At the beginning of Wrath of the Lick King Blizzard implemented what is known as Progressive which was resolve the issue of players getting frustrated trying to get a quest item.

Basically when you have a quest for a item the more creatures you kill that should drop that quest item the drop chance increases until you get the item.

That has not currently implemented by Trinitycore

Oh...damn. :(

gann

#11 » Post by gann » 07 Jan 2016 22:25

What about aggro ranges? I've had some damn bug from tanaris chase me through un'goro and only reseted when i was deep in Silithus. And it wasn't a rare situation either. Mobs chase you way too long before they lose aggro and reset.
Noveria

Doctor_J
Developer

#12 » Post by Doctor_J » 07 Jan 2016 22:29

gann wrote:What about aggro ranges? I've had some damn bug from tanaris chase me through un'goro and only reseted when i was deep in Silithus. And it wasn't a rare situation either. Mobs chase you way too long before they lose aggro and reset.
This is a known issue it usually occurs with npcs summoned by other npc eg things like voidwalkers and imps

Nyeriah

#13 » Post by Nyeriah » 05 Mar 2016 15:37

Rejecting it as it doesn't apply. However there might be changes to this coming from TrinityCore in the future.