Inverse: Level 80 Human Fire Mage PvP/PvE
Slar: Level 80 Night Elf Resto/Feral Druid PvE

Folkk

Re: Missing with 5% hit.

#18 » Post by Folkk » 14 Oct 2015 11:45

gecko32 wrote:[hide]control - no talents
After increasing targets defense rating to 462
Image[/hide]
Valid point except the fact that my target was in pvp gear and had 400 defence.(95% sure, from when I looked at his amoury while he was wearing PVP gear)

Myaoming wrote::lol:
Even if I did a mistake and attacked a tank with high defence and then proceeded to report it to forums (which btw it's more an information request), why do you laugh? See, this is why 90% of the server thinks you're a dumbass. Because it shows.
Folkk -Subtlety/Combat
Fleaks - Discipline/Holy

Myaoming
Former Staff

#19 » Post by Myaoming » 14 Oct 2015 13:00

Lol you should chill. I laughed at the results posted by Frewdis, which I shouldn't be laughing at. I thought Defense Rating has no use in PvP but I was wrong. I may have to apologize because what I laughed at wasn't really clear, but nevermind.
I'm a person that doesn't really make fun of anyone in this world, except some politicians and Virdo. And you think I'm making fun of you? I don't even know of your existence to even care a bit.
Keep your hatred towards me to yourself. Go pick on someone else that has time for your ancient grudge and childishness.
Elder Myaoming (aka Slardar): Level 80 Tauren Feral PvE/PvP
Siforosse of the Undercity: Level 80 Undead Affliction Warlock PvP/Demon PvE
Zibuluge of the Ashen Verdict: Level 80 Human Frost DK PvP/PvE

Fastor

#20 » Post by Fastor » 14 Oct 2015 13:27

Myaoming wrote: except some politicians and Virdo

Myaoming
Former Staff

#21 » Post by Myaoming » 14 Oct 2015 13:51

Now on topic, Hit is generally bugged: http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 0&p=176841
Not sure how this topic can be related to this issue, but it's worth taking it in consideration I guess.
Elder Myaoming (aka Slardar): Level 80 Tauren Feral PvE/PvP
Siforosse of the Undercity: Level 80 Undead Affliction Warlock PvP/Demon PvE
Zibuluge of the Ashen Verdict: Level 80 Human Frost DK PvP/PvE

Folkk

#22 » Post by Folkk » 14 Oct 2015 15:13

[hide="Off topic"]
Myaoming wrote:Lol you should chill. I laughed at the results posted by Frewdis, which I shouldn't be laughing at. I thought Defense Rating has no use in PvP but I was wrong. I may have to apologize because what I laughed at wasn't really clear, but nevermind.
I'm a person that doesn't really make fun of anyone in this world, except some politicians and Virdo. And you think I'm making fun of you? I don't even know of your existence to even care a bit.
Keep your hatred towards me to yourself. Go pick on someone else that has time for your ancient grudge and childishness.
I'm tempted to say some stuff here, but instead, watch me prove my ancient hatred and childishness by leting this misunderstanding go. I'll accept your non-existent apology and apologise myself.[/hide]
Myaoming wrote:Now on topic, Hit is generally bugged: viewtopic.php?f=78&t=15730&p=176841
Not sure how this topic can be related to this issue, but it's worth taking it in consideration I guess.
Yes, hit is the most bugged stat at the moment. For example rogues rarely miss with poisons in pve when below the 315 hit-cap.

As for specials missing. I'm gonna keep an eye out to see if it occurs again.
Folkk -Subtlety/Combat
Fleaks - Discipline/Holy

Wilcox

#23 » Post by Wilcox » 14 Oct 2015 17:53

i've been missing repentance & judgements today

Nephyx
Former Staff

#24 » Post by Nephyx » 14 Oct 2015 18:09

Another issue is (maybe it happened in this particular example as well), that, if your target gets partially/fully covered by some texture (pillar, tomb in RoL arena, small rocks etc) exactly in the same time after you used certain spell (ranged/melee/spell, it can be anything really), then the given spell has 100% chance to miss and/or to go on cooldown without doing anything.

I am not sure, if someone already reported this exact issue, but I believe it would be really hard to fix anyway since we are taking LoS objects and spell timing into consideration here.
Right Conquers Might

Dropdead

#25 » Post by Dropdead » 14 Oct 2015 18:16

Yea nephyx I think everyone have experienced what u discribed , its really annoying bug that came out of nowhere like 1 year ago , guess its hard to fix too . About hit , I'm sure its not working 100 % blizzlike too , sometimes u would miss when u shouldnt .

Wilcox

#26 » Post by Wilcox » 14 Oct 2015 18:23

Nephyx wrote:Another issue is (maybe it happened in this particular example as well), that, if your target gets partially/fully covered by some texture (pillar, tomb in RoL arena, small rocks etc) exactly in the same time after you used certain spell (ranged/melee/spell, it can be anything really), then the given spell has 100% chance to miss and/or to go on cooldown without doing anything.

I am not sure, if someone already reported this exact issue, but I believe it would be really hard to fix anyway since we are taking LoS objects and spell timing into consideration here.
that exists for quite a while, some call it the 'LoS absorption', imagine you're circling the nagrand pillar & you used let's say JoJ on some feral right when turning, sometimes it does happen, that the spell gets thrown into the mountains

ItchyVortex

#27 » Post by ItchyVortex » 14 Oct 2015 18:23

Nephyx wrote:Another issue is (maybe it happened in this particular example as well), that, if your target gets partially/fully covered by some texture (pillar, tomb in RoL arena, small rocks etc) exactly in the same time after you used certain spell (ranged/melee/spell, it can be anything really), then the given spell has 100% chance to miss and/or to go on cooldown without doing anything.

http://www.truewow.org/bugs/view.php?id=1761

In that case spells dont even miss, they just disappear...
Esunna, Feral Druid | Elainn, Discipline Priest

benzviliran

#28 » Post by benzviliran » 14 Oct 2015 18:31

Theres an issue too when healing or casting any spell and target dies at the same time the spell will be spent and have a CD but target still dies for example, sometimes i use buble and still die +get CD on buble or heal someone for 10k and he still die etc
I am the swarm

Naljs

#29 » Post by Naljs » 18 Oct 2015 07:13

benzviliran wrote:If you ask me theres a problem with hit rating, i miss with my shadow priest which has 12% hit rating and another 3% from talent.

also in pvp my spells are being resisted and also miss while they dont have any kind of resistance. with priest it happens alot and also with feral druid and other classes.
12+3=15, you need 17% spell hit to not miss in PvE.

The resists in PvP can be so simple as you lack Spell Pene and they have a Druid buff. Or did you actually try in duels with them having 0 resistances? If so, then please provide screenshots.
The misses often depends on racials or talents, like Night Elf has 2% chance to be missed by all Nature spells and many classes has some talent with X% less chance of being hit by spells. Afaik the racials are unaffected by Hit Rating so it won't matter if you have 5% or 17% hit (can confirm this from when I played Warlock with 14% Hit + 3% talent and kept missing Fear on Belf pallies).
"I have resolved never to start an unjust war, but never to end a legitimate one except by defeating my enemies."
King Charles XII of Sweden (1682-1718)
Yes, I know there is a special place in Hell for me.
It's called a Throne.

benzviliran

#30 » Post by benzviliran » 18 Oct 2015 19:56

Naljs wrote:
benzviliran wrote:If you ask me theres a problem with hit rating, i miss with my shadow priest which has 12% hit rating and another 3% from talent.

also in pvp my spells are being resisted and also miss while they dont have any kind of resistance. with priest it happens alot and also with feral druid and other classes.
12+3=15, you need 17% spell hit to not miss in PvE.

The resists in PvP can be so simple as you lack Spell Pene and they have a Druid buff. Or did you actually try in duels with them having 0 resistances? If so, then please provide screenshots.
The misses often depends on racials or talents, like Night Elf has 2% chance to be missed by all Nature spells and many classes has some talent with X% less chance of being hit by spells. Afaik the racials are unaffected by Hit Rating so it won't matter if you have 5% or 17% hit (can confirm this from when I played Warlock with 14% Hit + 3% talent and kept missing Fear on Belf pallies).
when i said 0 resistances i also meant it was not a night elf or class that have bonus spell resist etc, at pve i have about 15% or more hit rating but it should miss rarely however some spells miss more than others such as mind flay, mind flay miss very often
I am the swarm