Branhos abuse blink

benzviliran

Re: Branhos abuse blink

#16 » Post by benzviliran » 01 Oct 2015 06:02

Naljs wrote:
Matsy wrote:Ally get free-passes when they abuse stuff, no point in threads like this anymore tbh.
You always sound so whiney. Is that your intention? This is an honest question, because yeah I'm curious.

The video doesn't actually show anything. Yes it shows Branhos having Thazz as target, having shaman debuffs on him, and Thazz having Branhos as target, but it still doesn't validate that the debuffs on Branhos are actually Thazz's debuffs.
Yes, it's very easy to make out of this that Branhos actually was there, fighting them, but the hard proof doesn't actually show it.

So to be fair, all mages trying to escape will use Blink. You can clearly see in the video that Branhos is rooted, and decides to use Blink. This doesn't show the intentions of exploiting a bug, even if he very much intended to do so. I'd say either catch him on video repeatedly exploiting this bug (always Blinking on that spot/waiting for hordes to come before he Blinks etc) or put the blame on Blink itself for letting you fall through textures.

This is very much like the Rogue's abusing Shadowstep on the SW bankers, all Hordes claim it's a one-time thing while Alliance players says it's a repeated offense. The difference is Alliance can always back it up with Screenshots or videos as proof.

u say it doesnt prove anything thats wrong, also branhos is clearly abusing it on purpose as there is a very specific spot where you have to go to get blink from ramp to tunnel, and ive seen him doing that many times. he knows exactly what he is doing.

also he had been caught by a GM before that video which warned him that the next time he abuse that and get caught he will be banned and he admited and said he wont be doing it again. so if he admited that i believe he knows exactly what he is doing.

and if u claim it doesnt prove he blinked than u should see the map which shows he is running to the ramp and debuffs shows he is slowed and frost nova by a enh shaman(thazz) and also had the effect of a hunter abillity pet, when i arrived u can see the animation of blink and the buff that accure after blink +all those who hit him were there which means he could only be on ramp and therefore thats a blink escape to tunnel which is a bug abuse. also i decided to post that video again because he did that around 5 days ago again.
I am the swarm

Myaoming
Former Staff

#17 » Post by Myaoming » 01 Oct 2015 09:29

Ok, I presume this happened before the Blink fix of last core update. I am not sure but I guess this exploit is not possible anymore. With that said, and going by the Staff's standards, I don't think he will get banned. On a side note, your video is not recent at all (Midsummer), and nothing proves he has done it after GM's warning.

In case you wondered, no he's not my friend. The guy may be a big time abuser but the proof provided isn't enough, and there was a recent possible fix for this so <:
Elder Myaoming (aka Slardar): Level 80 Tauren Feral PvE/PvP
Siforosse of the Undercity: Level 80 Undead Affliction Warlock PvP/Demon PvE
Zibuluge of the Ashen Verdict: Level 80 Human Frost DK PvP/PvE
Inverse: Level 80 Human Fire Mage PvP/PvE
Slar: Level 80 Night Elf Resto/Feral Druid PvE

benzviliran

#18 » Post by benzviliran » 01 Oct 2015 10:09

Myaoming wrote:Ok, I presume this happened before the Blink fix of last core update. I am not sure but I guess this exploit is not possible anymore. With that said, and going by the Staff's standards, I don't think he will get banned. On a side note, your video is not recent at all (Midsummer), and nothing proves he has done it after GM's warning.

In case you wondered, no he's not my friend. The guy may be a big time abuser but the proof provided isn't enough, and there was a recent possible fix for this so <:
Having a treasure in an abandon island is no treasure but having a treasure in a city where people like diamonds is really a treasure.

well a book written in japanese can be very confusioning for people who cant read japanese, i would say that the case in this forum is pretty much the same, as theres a proof here but they just dont know why its a proof.

i dont mind to explain you why and change your mind in private but it will require you to listen and alot of effort to explain you how and what you see in this video is wrong and why it means branhos is abusing.
I am the swarm

Myaoming
Former Staff

#19 » Post by Myaoming » 01 Oct 2015 10:22

I can see in the video that he abused. I'm not denying that, but this video shows something that happened few months ago. Question is, is it before or after GM has warned him?
Elder Myaoming (aka Slardar): Level 80 Tauren Feral PvE/PvP
Siforosse of the Undercity: Level 80 Undead Affliction Warlock PvP/Demon PvE
Zibuluge of the Ashen Verdict: Level 80 Human Frost DK PvP/PvE
Inverse: Level 80 Human Fire Mage PvP/PvE
Slar: Level 80 Night Elf Resto/Feral Druid PvE

benzviliran

#20 » Post by benzviliran » 01 Oct 2015 11:05

Myaoming wrote:I can see in the video that he abused. I'm not denying that, but this video shows something that happened few months ago. Question is, is it before or after GM has warned him?
this is after a GM warned him yes.

+the number of times that he did that are unknown but since i see him doing that pretty often in bgs atleast every 2 days and more than once in a same battleground i would say he did that more than 100 times for sure.
I am the swarm

benzviliran

#21 » Post by benzviliran » 01 Oct 2015 11:41

Gnurg wrote:I would rather fix the texture there as every flag carrier walking there can't be charged by a warrior (and some other classes) as you fall through the texture. Any flag carrier taking that path would be considered a bug abuser as the reason might be because they know the player chasing them might fall through the texture with a gap closer.

One scenario of this happening isn't enough to prove anything as it could have just have been accident or lack of knowledge of the bug. If he was reported for this before, dig up the thread and present it as evidence.
Hi Gnurg, well if to be honest he did that more times than u can imagine this is sure no accident, he knows the spot where u blink to tunnel and he aim to go there because in some bgs in same battleground with same flag same time that people chase him he does that to get rid of 1 defender by blinking from ramp to tunnel, meets 2-3 defenders in the tunnel incoming he runs back inside camp while they are after him blink again from ramp to tunnel and lose all 3-4 players, accident? well after i saw him doing it so many times i could say for sure its not an accident +like i said he was warned by a GM and admited to him that he did that on purpose and promised not to do that again but yet he continue to do that everytime he has to lose some dks hunters etc that he cant simply run from .
I am the swarm

Nyeriah

#22 » Post by Nyeriah » 01 Oct 2015 12:01

Myaoming wrote:Did this happen after or before the Blink fix?

Nymunne
Former Staff

#23 » Post by Nymunne » 01 Oct 2015 12:44

Nyeriah wrote:
Myaoming wrote:Did this happen after or before the Blink fix?
Considering Spongebabe didn't log in more than 2 months and he is on that video on that house in WSG I guess we would all like the answer to this question...

Gnurg

#24 » Post by Gnurg » 01 Oct 2015 12:46

Where do you have that Branhos was warned by a GM? I can't find any forum post about it.

If it was a private warning, how come that some players know about it? It would be weird if it was just given to a small audience (of close friends).

Or are you making it up? Maybe you heard it from a friend of a friend, who made it up.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

cherno666

#25 » Post by cherno666 » 01 Oct 2015 13:30

Gnurg wrote:Where do you have that Branhos was warned by a GM? I can't find any forum post about it.

If it was a private warning, how come that some players know about it? It would be weird if it was just given to a small audience (of close friends).

Or are you making it up? Maybe you heard it from a friend of a friend, who made it up.

http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic. ... k&start=45

noone hiding it , he was warned befire 16 Dec 2014 23:04 as last post said , so I suppose this video is from few months back during the Spongebabe situation?

anyway , before or after blink fix , it was said that next abuse is a ban , and if video was from 2 months back that means that he should be issued with a ban right?

but as matsy said , he'll prolly get 3 days ban, a warning , a pat on the back and will be kindly asked to not do it again , it won't be till his 30th report he will get a 30 day ban.
Chernoo - lvl 80 MM Hunter (Main Char)
Eviltities - lvl 80 DK Tonk
Cherniggar - lvl 80 UH DK
Chernomoffo - lvl 80 Shadow Priest
Chernokingg - lvl 80 Disc Priest
Chernobull - lvl 80 Boomie/Feral Dps Druid
Chernomoo - lvl 80 Boomie/Resto Druid
Hollyboner - lvl 80 ProtHoly/Ret Paladin
Hollycherno - lvl 80 Prot/Holy Paladin
Belewonnabe - lvl 80 Prot/Ret Paladin
Chernobylus - lvl 80 Demo Warlock
Evilsmile - lvl 80 Demo Warlock
Onlyforbl - lvl 80 Resto/Ele Shaman
Friedpan - lvl 80 FFB Mage
Chermoo - lvl 80 Fury/Prot Warrior

*Proudly Married to Liqueur*

Gnurg

#26 » Post by Gnurg » 01 Oct 2015 13:53

cherno666 wrote:[hide]
Gnurg wrote:Where do you have that Branhos was warned by a GM? I can't find any forum post about it.

noone hiding it , he was warned befire 16 Dec 2014 23:04 as last post said , so I suppose this video is from few months back during the Spongebabe situation?

anyway , before or after blink fix , it was said that next abuse is a ban , and if video was from 2 months back that means that he should be issued with a ban right?

but as matsy said , he'll prolly get 3 days ban, a warning , a pat on the back and will be kindly asked to not do it again , it won't be till his 30th report he will get a 30 day ban.[/hide]
Branhos was reported for a quite lot of stuff in that thread, what he was caught doing could have been any of the beforementioned, not necesarry the blink thing. We can only know if Talmor gives his insight on this.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

cherno666

#27 » Post by cherno666 » 01 Oct 2015 14:29

So it's ok if he was warned for something and then abused something else? Point is, he was warned for abusing, and he abused again. Should he get 1 free pass for each abuse he does?
Chernoo - lvl 80 MM Hunter (Main Char)
Eviltities - lvl 80 DK Tonk
Cherniggar - lvl 80 UH DK
Chernomoffo - lvl 80 Shadow Priest
Chernokingg - lvl 80 Disc Priest
Chernobull - lvl 80 Boomie/Feral Dps Druid
Chernomoo - lvl 80 Boomie/Resto Druid
Hollyboner - lvl 80 ProtHoly/Ret Paladin
Hollycherno - lvl 80 Prot/Holy Paladin
Belewonnabe - lvl 80 Prot/Ret Paladin
Chernobylus - lvl 80 Demo Warlock
Evilsmile - lvl 80 Demo Warlock
Onlyforbl - lvl 80 Resto/Ele Shaman
Friedpan - lvl 80 FFB Mage
Chermoo - lvl 80 Fury/Prot Warrior

*Proudly Married to Liqueur*

Matsy

#28 » Post by Matsy » 01 Oct 2015 14:35

cherno666 wrote:So it's ok if he was warned for something and then abused something else? Point is, he was warned for abusing, and he abused again. Should he get 1 free pass for each abuse he does?
Yes, hes an ally, they can have as many free passes as he likes.
If a horde was doing this, they would be insta banned on the spot.
I'd like to see Fastor reported for abusing blink by an ally with video proof (just like branhos) I bet he would be banned right there and then (dont want him banned, but the point stands)
We all know there is a big difference between the way horde and alliance are treated when they abuse things staff just dont like to admit it and players are scared of actually mentioning it in fear of being banned for stating a uncomfortable fact, been happening for years...

Theres only a few certain staff who most semi-trust, Dymond and Nyeriah come to mind. Mainly Dymond as we actually SEE her helping people in-game and not being shady like the rest.
Last edited by Matsy on 01 Oct 2015 15:29, edited 6 times in total.
Matsy pls
Mats - Frost PVE Troll Death Knight - Retired
Matsy - Moonkin/Restoration Druid (Laz0r Chicken)
Mat - Beastmaster Orc Hunter
Matz -Retribution Paladin
Matu - Troll Shadow Priest
Bolts - Elemental Troll Shaman
Kungfu - Orc Fury Warrior
Trollage - Troll Arcane Mage
Mato - Orc Affliction Warlock
Findme - Troll Assassination Rogue

I Pity the Fool who's illogical
Friends are just people you hate the least
I reject your reality and substitute my own

benzviliran

#29 » Post by benzviliran » 01 Oct 2015 14:35

Gnurg wrote:
cherno666 wrote:[hide]

but as matsy said , he'll prolly get 3 days ban, a warning , a pat on the back and will be kindly asked to not do it again , it won't be till his 30th report he will get a 30 day ban.[/hide]
Branhos was reported for a quite lot of stuff in that thread, what he was caught doing could have been any of the beforementioned, not necesarry the blink thing. We can only know if Talmor gives his insight on this.
I am Talmor and yes i warned him not to abuse blink again as Nyeriah suggested and he admited and promised not to abuse it again.
I am the swarm

shaun03

#30 » Post by shaun03 » 01 Oct 2015 15:44

Ok, I'm confused, as your proof to your claim that he is indeed abused this ability recently, you upload a video of him doing it more than 2 months ago? As a former GM you should know better. However, if you're requesting that he is monitored from now on, then I think that's a good way to snuff out the abusers.

Other posters also have a valid point (which your lack of proof, does no favours to unsubstantiate) that blink is a key defensive ability of a mage. You can't really force any mage to not use it in any situation, much like you can't force a hunter to not use a supposed bugged chimera shot...

Anyways the amount of actual constructive posts in this topic borders on a handful, whereas the amount of complaining(? for lack of a better word) by people who feel that their opinions add something to this report is in complete excess, and I'd think should be removed to reduce the amount of crap from this report and the forums in general.
Feeling as though I've infringed your right to freedom of speech?

[hide="Yes"]Stop being so sensitive, and practice what you preach.[/hide]

[hide="No"]Good for you, your opinion wouldn't matter anyways.[/hide]